North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

F150 Owner needs help .......

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 05:27 PM
odberks
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F150 Owner needs help .......

I am currently living in Birmingham, Alabama and I am asking for some help in finding a job back on the East Coast ..... I graduated in 2002 as a computer science major and have been working for 2 years as a Software Programmer ..... I would like to continue as a programmer but I would like to work in Pennsylvania, Maryland, DC, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina or Georgia ..... using the internet alone hasnt been too successful so I wanted to see if any of you could possibly help me out. I know there has to be some job openings out there you just have to know the right people. If you company gives referral bonuses I am all for using your name as the referral employee and getting you some extra money.... anyway, any information at all will be helpful ..... thanks in advance for you time.

Old 03-12-2004, 08:02 AM
GLR
FTE Legend
Received 851 Likes on 769 Posts
According to the TV stations Citicorp, or group or something like that will be moving to Greenboro, creating lots of jobs. Have you tried the newspapers on the net? check with realtors? NC and VA have and are losing a lot of manufacturing jobs. County Chamber of Commerce? Good Luck, George

Old 03-15-2004, 04:12 PM
westwardbound
Junior User
I'm going to be moveing to NC the first week of May, so I'm in the same boat looking for jobs. Prefere carpentry, but will do any work outside or with my hands. Let me know what you have or what you know of. Thanks

Old 03-16-2004, 05:02 AM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
wb, Where are you planning on hanging your hat when you arrive?

John

Old 03-16-2004, 11:13 AM
westwardbound
Junior User
somewhere around Ashville probably. My wife is a traveling nurse and thats were see is trying to get a job for the summer. I'll only be there three months or so. Unless we really like it then we can stay longer if her hospital lets her extend. I'm also considering doing an apprenticeship with a timber framing company out there. I've always wanted to build one so why not. Anyway if you know of something let me know.

Old 03-17-2004, 05:37 AM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
I suspect you can find work in most parts of the state in the metro areas, and like every where else the latino labor keeps rates down.

John

Old 03-23-2004, 06:14 PM
4x4lowandslow
Junior User
Hey westward, carpentry jobs are abundant after the hurricanes hit here on the coast.