Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-18-2011, 08:49 AM
Senior User

smithrngr is starting off with a positive reputation.
, the switch is defective.
If the lamp does not flash with the last button, and additional flashes occur, follow the chart below for trouble codes:
what switch is it?
mine just quite last week,no abs light or anyother light.the cruise light comes on when i hit the set button and goes out when the brake or off switch is hit but no cruise.changed the switch on the end of the master,and nothing.run the test all the buttons work and i can hear the motor kick on.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:47 PM
Freshman User

FX4 Fighter Pilot is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtr@netsmithinc.co View Post
I have a similar problem to the ones described here. It started with my airbag trouble light on the dashboard. It comes on all the time and occassionally flashes 3 times then 2 times. My buddy at the Ford dealer says it is a clockspring error code. Over a couple of weeks I lost my horn, CC, and now my ABS light comes on. Sometimes the ABS light doesn't come on and when I pull to a stop the ABS system activates and the pedal gets really sketchy. I recently started getting a noise like a starter solenoid clicking when I start the engine. I had that once before and it turned out to be a bad battery. Last time I couldn't start the truck when that sound occurred. This time it starts OK. THe way this stuff happened made me suspect a wiring harness in the steering column going slowly bad but it seems like most of the solutions here are related to the clock spring. Where is this darn clock spring and how do I replace it? Any other suggestions?
I have the same issue with my '07 F-250. Mine started with the CC not working - light not illuminating at all 4 weeks ago, and the airbag light started flashing 3 times and then 2 times then will remain on. I just replaced my MC Brake switch thinking that would be the quick fix for the CC, but still no workie. Were you able to get your Airbag light to go out and CC to work again??
Old 10-19-2011, 03:58 PM
New User

smokemangrp is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doo71dene View Post
i used the self diagnostic test and it passed, still have to check the speed sensor, what mine is doing is i push the cruise "set/accel" button and it flashes momentarily but that's it, every time i push it the same thing happens i have a 2000 f-250, v-10, super-crew, 196000 miles, has anybody else had the same problem? CORRECTION!!!! today i went out and checked it again and it shows three flashes (deactivator open or not functioning) can anybody tell me where the deactivator switch is? is it the brake pedal switch?
Quote:
Originally Posted by doo71dene View Post
this is a fusible link they installed due to a recall, something about brake fluid leaking onto the wires and shorting out, had a buddy whose truck burnt up because of it! i think my cc problem might have something to do with this because my cc light on the instrument cluster would flash momentarily when i pushed the set button and after i moved these wires around now it don't do anything

Mine also gets the 3 flashes, (deactivator open or not functioning). Where would I find this fusable link that doo71dene mentions?

Also, for those who don't get any flashes after pressing ON, be sure to press the resume IMMEDIATELY, as the instructions state. At first I wasn't fast enough and assumed the righthand switch was bad.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Senior User

cnvF250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question

I have a 2002 f250 with a V10 cruise doen't work

A lamp flash with the last button (SET/ACCEL) indicates that the static test passed. If the lamp does not flash with the last button and there are no additional flashes of the lamp, the switch is defective.
If the lamp does not flash with the last button, and additional flashes occur, follow the chart below for trouble codes:

2 flashes - BPP defective, circuit is defective, brake applied, CPP switch or jumper (if equipped).

OK, I have the following after doing the mentioned test. Pretty easy to do, Thanks.

Where is the BPP switch? It is an automatica transmission so I wouldn't think it is a CPP switch.

Picture would be greatly appreciated. I can fix anything if I can see it first.
ARE Topper with vented windoors
Old 10-24-2011, 07:49 AM
Junior User

Drivingmad44 is starting off with a positive reputation.
question about brake switch

I have a '97 E150 (5.4L w/E4OD). My cruise control hasn't worked since I got it, I've replaced the switches on steering wheel and the release switch on the master cylinder and still nothing.

I just bought an Equus Innova 3150 scanner that does OBDII, CANII, ABS, and Trans codes. It can up with a code for the brake switch, would this affect the Cruise Control? Just thinking maybe because it does disengage the cruise when you depress the pedal.

Any ideas?

I've tried the test mentioned here (pressing the switches in sequence) and get nothing.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Senior User

cnvF250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well That didn't work. I replaced the BPP switch (Easy job 10 minutes max). I still have the same 2 flashes at the end of the test sequence.

I guess I will try the cruise control deactivator switch on the Master Cylinder. Do you guys know if I will have to bleed the brakes when I am finished with the replacement?
ARE Topper with vented windoors
Old 10-27-2011, 07:14 PM
Postmaster

1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold
No, you won't have to if you're fast! I had my new one ready to go in right as I was taking the old one out. I only lost a few drops of brake fluid doing the swap.

The bad new is, that didn't fix mine.

Based on the troubleshooting section of the shop manual, my problem is the cruise control servo

Click - My Super Duty Tech Articles
1975 Baja Bronco Project
1984 Ranger 4x4 R.I.P Nov 2007
Old 10-29-2011, 08:58 PM
Freshman User

pYr8 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hi All-

I had started another thread before I found this one.
Having intermittent CC problems here on my '01 F250 7.3 turbo. My cruise will work when it wants to, engaging most the time but will quit on bumps or even sometimes with no apparent jarring. It occasionally seems to be temperature sensitive but it's hard to say as I've only had it since last December.

Today is the first time I dedicated any time to troubleshooting it. From what I'm gathering, the CC cuts out at the same time as the brake lights firing. My brake lights come on with as little as 1/8" pedal movement, VERY sensitive! Could it just be the "mercury switch" type of switch under the dash at the pedal or would the pressure switch at the end of the master cylinder also cause this? I've tried the CC self-test, never got the CC lamp to light, and I KNOW that bulb works.

It would be handy for it to work properly, sometimes long trips trailering the bass boat can leave my legs numb, LOL...

Thanks
Karl
Old 03-16-2014, 04:29 PM
Junior User

SoYouCanSuperDuty is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ok I got 2 flashes I tried replacing BPP still doesn't work. Still get two flashes. It's automatic so that eliminates CPP. Where do I start for circuit is defective?
Old 03-16-2014, 04:29 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
1988, 2004, control, cruise, duty, f250, faulty, ford, fx4, quit, relay, super, superduty, troubleshoot, truck, working