Modular V10 (6.8l)  

Heh, heh, heh, played with a Dodge Hemi Magnum last night...

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 08:55 AM
airtractrdrivr
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heh, heh, heh, played with a Dodge Hemi Magnum last night...

Had to go to the store to get milk so the wife could make some cornbread last night, and while I was sitting at a stoplight, a brand new black extended cab Dodge hemi magnum pulled up beside me. Had one of our prominent citizens' rich high school kids behind the wheel, and a couple of his friends with him (with their hip hop crap blaring and windows down). I know the kid that was sitting in the passenger seat and he had the ***** to ask me if I know what "Ford" stands for. I just looked at him and smiled. The driver had the brakes on and was hitting the gas, making the truck jump forward a little. There wasnt any traffic in front of us anywhere, and when the light turned green, this little idiot floors it, so I obliged and did the same. I was a truck length and a half in front of him by the time we had gone two blocks It is almost exactly 3/4 mile from that light to the turn off to my house, and we were on it almost all the way. He closed the gap to about a truck length before I got off the gas so I could make my turn. I pulled in the driveway and as I was getting out, they pulled up and got out. The driver had this classic teenager stuned look on his face and asked me "what in the hell is in that thing? I cant believe I just got smoked by a damn Ford dually!!" I just pointed to the V10 emblems on my fenders and told him if he had bothered to look, he would have known what was about to happen.After about 15 minutes of staring longingly under the hood of my truck, they climbed back in the Dodge, and left. That cornbread sure did taste good after all that!!

Last edited by airtractrdrivr; 11-05-2003 at 08:59 AM.
Old 11-05-2003, 10:06 AM
DavidB
Elder User
I had virtually the same experience with a teen driver in a Ford F250 PSD Dually against my F350 V10 SRW, except that I was a good two truck lengths ahead between traffic lights. Way to go V10.

Old 11-05-2003, 11:48 AM
V10KLZZ71S
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have been looking for one of those, showoff. Did it taste like chicken?

Old 11-05-2003, 03:01 PM
HeavyAssault
Cargo Master
Received 203 Likes on 109 Posts
Dodge Hemi..The other white meat.

Old 11-05-2003, 03:21 PM
ken04
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by HeavyAssault
Dodge Hemi..The other white meat.
If I had been a muckety-much at Daimler/Chrysler I would have bent over backwards to change the engine size to ANYTHING but 5.7 and the stigma it carries with it. I mean who can hear 5.7 and not think of a small block chebbie ? You just can't. And 5.7 is 5.7, just like 6.8 is 6.8. I would have loved to seen the look on the Dodge drivers face, I'm sure he's saying to himself; "hey wait a minute, wait about all this Hemi business" ? Hahahahaha, 5.7 is still just 5.7, no matter how you slices it.

Old 11-05-2003, 03:26 PM
LNH68
New User
Don't ya just love doing that to those kids, same thing happened to me a month or so ago, some high school in his Dodge thought he was something. funny thing is my wife was driving and i was in passenger seat and she smoked him like his Hemi was nothing. look on his face and his buddies

So i got to to the wife this time about it felt good

Old 11-05-2003, 05:15 PM
m350
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OHHH man I love these stories, I cant wait,,,,Today I weighed my new truck,,04, F-350, SC, DRW,V-10, 6-speed, with the cap on, and tools in the back, 7,780 LBS,,after that, I went home,

after the boys got home from school, we went down and loaded the power trowel (concrete floor to do in the morning),,as we were leaving, let the cars go by so all was clear,, got out on the road, clutch in reved that sucker up, dump the clutch, that sucker went out sideways and smoked the duals for like 20 feet, or so,man did that sound good, the boys (15 and 13 ) were lovin this stuff, so was I,,there was a lady selling stuff on the Green,,(center of Town), she turns her head and is watching me do this, V-10 sreamin, tires squealin, and rubber smokin, and that was now about 8500 lbs,,,,,,,,these things rock,,,we get home, my son opens the door,,I smell rubber burning,,HE HE, it was still lingering after 2 miles up the road,, THESE ARE SOME AWESOME MOTORS WE HAVE !

KEEP THE NEWS COMING, IT IS GREAT TO SEE THESE !

10- Burnin, 6- Turnin, Sometimes 4 smokin !!

Later,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Mark

Old 11-05-2003, 07:26 PM
get lit
Freshman User
Do you guys think a stock v-10 will smoke a hemi? I have a buddy with a new crew cab dodge, and word has it he`s looking for me . Should i be woried, doesnt sound like it

Old 11-05-2003, 08:21 PM
HeavyAssault
Cargo Master
Received 203 Likes on 109 Posts
Well you race what you bring, if you take him all the better if not drop some mods and go huntin'!!

Old 11-05-2003, 09:16 PM
MountainHound
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about Hemis in 2500/3500 Rams. The one guy I know who has one in his 2500 Ram ext cab bitches about how gutless it is all the time, especially with his dump trailer behind it. I've rode in that truck several times and I know my F250 V10 has tons more low end power than his Hemi, especially starting from a complete stop.

A few days ago I actually saw a new Ram 3500 dually with a Hemi badge on the fender. What was this guy thinking??

Old 11-05-2003, 11:35 PM
airtractrdrivr
Senior User
Iwould not be worried at all about taking a hemi magnum with a stock V-10. Contrary to the cool ads they run, "they ain't all that!!"

Old 11-05-2003, 11:44 PM
hang10
Posting Guru
Cool story. I wonder why when I ran a hemi into the ground for weeks straight and posted that story to this forum, I caught some flak like it couldn't have possibly been true. I am at least happy to see someone corroborate my experience. My oldest boy (12) loves a good clutch dump too.

Old 11-06-2003, 12:19 AM
MrRottnDog
Posting Guru
hang10,

Gotta Like The Motto In Your Sig!

Old 11-06-2003, 02:53 AM
Monsta
Sit. Stay.

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Heh, heh, heh, played with a Dodge Hemi Magnum last night...

Originally posted by airtractrdrivr
The driver had this classic teenager stuned look on his face and asked me "what in the hell is in that thing? I cant believe I just got smoked by a damn Ford dually!!" I just pointed to the V10 emblems on my fenders and told him if he had bothered to look...
I'm sure this "4.30 LS, Diablo Performance chip, BBK 65mm throttle body, K&N filter, 3" cat back dual exhaust." didn't hurt either...

Old 11-06-2003, 07:32 AM
hang10
Posting Guru
Originally posted by MrRottnDog
hang10,

Gotta Like The Motto In Your Sig!
Hey Dog, I can't take the credit for it. I was looking around ebay one day right after I bought the truck for V10 stuff. Some guy had bumper stickers, T-shirts and key chains with that printed on them. I just kind of adopted it as my own. Apparently the moderators of this forum aren't too thrilled with it, it has been erased a couple of times by one, or more of them. No one has emailed me and said it was against forum policy, or rules. Just go in and erase it. So, I just go in and put it back.

Quick Reply: Heh, heh, heh, played with a Dodge Hemi Magnum last night...