Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-01-2003, 08:14 PM
New User

kamsho is starting off with a positive reputation.
Is Bank 1 on passenger or driver side?

Can anybody tell me cylinder bank 1 is on driver or passenger side?

Also, O2 sensor #1 is before or after cat?

Thanks
Kam
Old 11-01-2003, 09:07 PM
Senior User

turbo TED is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey kamsho bank one is on passangers side & sensor 1 is the first one going from front to back on passangers side also.
good luck turbo ted
Old 11-01-2003, 09:28 PM
New User

Oh my god.

How am I going to replace that one!

I can see the sensor and the connector from underneath the truck but I can't reach the connector.

Any body has changed the O2 sensor on the passenger side?
Old 11-02-2003, 01:56 AM
Postmaster

BigMattXXL is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally posted by kamsho
Any body has changed the O2 sensor on the passenger side?
Yeah, it's a real PITA, but you can do it. The secret is this: you must remove the transmission dipstick tube. It's only one bolt, diretly threaded into the block. After that, the tube just pops out from where it's connected to the tranny.

Of course, before you do this, you must jack it up, put a jackstand under it, remove the front passenger wheel, undo a couple of bolts that hold the wheel-well plastic-thingy in, fold the plastic thingy back so you can see what you're working with, then remove the tube.

Honestly, I fumbled with it for about 2 hours before removing the tube. After that, I was done in 10 minutes.

I'm about 99.9% sure it's not possible without removing the tube.

XXL
Old 11-02-2003, 08:56 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally posted by BigMattXXL
Yeah, it's a real PITA, but you can do it. The secret is this: you must remove the transmission dipstick tube. It's only one bolt, diretly threaded into the block. After that, the tube just pops out from where it's connected to the tranny.

Of course, before you do this, you must jack it up, put a jackstand under it, remove the front passenger wheel, undo a couple of bolts that hold the wheel-well plastic-thingy in, fold the plastic thingy back so you can see what you're working with, then remove the tube.

Honestly, I fumbled with it for about 2 hours before removing the tube. After that, I was done in 10 minutes.

I'm about 99.9% sure it's not possible without removing the tube.

XXL
XXL:

How did you finish in 10 minutes after the removal of trans dipstick?

I did the same but I could not even close to move the sensor.
I was using a O2 sensor socket with a flex head rachet. I could barely fit the rachet and socket in there.

Any tips as to make the sensor move or lose?

Thanks
Kam
Old 11-03-2003, 12:02 AM
Postmaster

BigMattXXL is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally posted by kamsho
XXL:

How did you finish in 10 minutes after the removal of trans dipstick?

I did the same but I could not even close to move the sensor.
I was using a O2 sensor socket with a flex head rachet. I could barely fit the rachet and socket in there.

Any tips as to make the sensor move or lose?

Thanks
Kam
It's easy - I used a wrench. Can't remember the size; it was a pretty big, standard wrench just to break the connection, then removed the rest of the way by hand. I also cut the wires between the sensor and the electrical connector, so when I started loosening the O2 sensor, it wouldn't get all bunched up and fight me. After the sensor came out, I undid the clip that had the wires attached to it, and installed the new one.

XXL
Old 11-03-2003, 11:09 AM
New User

XXL:

Are you using the wrench on the base of the O2 sensor?

Is there enough room for the wrench to move?

Thanks
Kam
Old 11-03-2003, 11:09 AM