Sponsored by:

Ideas for Suspension upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 09:43 PM
'81 Wildhorse
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ideas for Suspension upgrade?

Ok, So I'm looking to install a suspension lift kit on my '81 full-size Bronco. The max size tire i would consider fitting are 35's, I currently have 33's. I am trying to decide whether to lift it 4 inches or 6, any ideas? what kinds of problems would I run into when lifting either amount? ex: brake lines or drive shaft alignment? What about a 4 in. suspension lift with 2 inch body? although i haven't heard many good things about body lifts. Also any particular Company I should look at for the kit?
Lots of questions..Thanks ahead to anyone who can offer their opinion. -Ryan

Old 10-27-2003, 10:11 PM
xray1murphy
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go with a 4" lift with Bushwacker cutout fender flares, will give you the look like they actually fit.

Old 10-27-2003, 10:18 PM
greystreak92
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If you don't relish the idea of cutting the fenders, go with 6". However, if you are running 33's right now with no rubbing issues on the fenders, bumper, or radius arms you may be able to get by with 4" of lift and the 35's.

Old 10-29-2003, 11:16 PM
tite4x4
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I currently have Superlift 4" suspension lift on my rig. I also have thier Supper runner steering linkage and drop down brackets for the TTB. Rides real comfortable. I only wish I went with the six inch lift instead. I had my current 33's on my rig before I put lift kit on. Looked real cool with these tires stuffed in the wheel wells. But couldn't take it off-road - Cause I would be hitting the fenders.

If you are planning on putting 35's on and doing any serious off roading, I would highly reccomend going with the 6" lift. Superlift's super runner steering linkage and drop down brackets helps keep the geometry of the front suspension close to stock when you lift your rig.
Hope this helps