Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > North Carolina Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:ncheavymetal

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-27-2003, 07:02 PM
Senior User

CHACH is starting off with a positive reputation.
LAws for NC ??????

I am moving to the Charlotte area next spring and I was curious what the laws are for liftkits and tires ??? What is the height limit and are there any other laws I should know about ??

Tint laws???

I live in MA now ... they are pretty strict. You can't have anything over a 4" lift kit and the tint can't be too dark on your vechile.

thx

Chach
Old 10-28-2003, 12:14 PM
New User

grapeape is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey Chach,

Cool, another Yankee in the mix!!!
You'll love the fact that there really is no laws pertaining to lifted rigs here. The only issues arise when/if you want to start swapping motors. Mecklenburg County (where Charlotte is) is an emissions county, but being from MA, you shouldn't have a problem with that. I think tint is only like 10-15%, but I'm not exactly sure.

Lots of parking garages though, so watch where you drive! hehe!

Dean
Email me if you need more info on Charlotte. Just moved from there after being there for 10 years.

email: grapeaperanger@yahoo.com
Old 11-02-2003, 01:15 AM
Senior User

nbaff is starting off with a positive reputation.
on the tint. no lower that 32% meaning it lets in 32% of the light. that is on all except the front windshield. welcome to NC

1977 F-150

1999 F-350 XL 5.4L/4R100
Old 11-02-2003, 01:15 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > North Carolina Chapter

Tags
diesel, laws, nc, tint, truck, trucks