General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

"Bathing in Kerosene" an alternative hygene issue.... (humor)

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 09:07 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
"Bathing in Kerosene" an alternative hygene issue.... (humor)

(He says, as he spits out diesel and decides if it is safe to smoke yet...)

This is becoming annoying! I don't know what it is about having a diesel truck that so constantly leads me to be drenched in fuel -
I never really experienced that in a gas powered machine but there it is!

Maybe the reason behind it is the simple fact that root causes of all the problems with a diesel are the fuel system itself, and any time it has a performance problem it appears to be time to become absolutely filthy again...

*shakkezz out his fur, sending kerosene flying all around the room*

But I would like to take a bath occasionally that doesn't require it's CETANE VALUE to be calculated as regards the flashpoint...

Furthermore, I find the original fuel lines in every truck I have investigated so far to rely on a handful of rubber o-rings that apparently have a life expectancy of (from the date of manufacture to) two days before you bought the vehicle with CASH....

Being a wolf at heart, I do not buy very many articles of clothing - but the few that I do have I value very much!

*looks at the pile in the corner of the garage*

And I shall miss them, such as they were....

The overalls especially! They were good enough for Roy Clark, and I had hoped they would be around for a while...

Oh WELL!

Assuming the laws of thermo-dynamics don't overcome all of my efforts in a single spectacular episode I hope to be home in Tennessee in a very few months - this is a good thing and a blessing! If I stay in Californico for very much longer I suspect the eco-police will be following me everywhere I go!

Which is not to say I deliberately pollute everything I touch - but it would be nice for a change to live in a place where I could walk into a NAPA store reeking of #2 diesel and not have everyone stop talking!

Fun is fun however, and enough is enough! I am sick and tired of swimming in pools of fuel oil! GOD how I can hardly wait until this poor machine (butchered by many) is no longer plagued by the maintenance lapses of so many damn fools!

I wonder if diesel has restorative powers as regards hair color or not?

I suppose if the worst case scenario is realised, I may have to re-register as the GREEN-WOLF. I somewhat doubt it, but will not overlook it as a possibility. They do use green dye in some forms of diesel fuel....

~Wolf

Old 10-12-2003, 09:15 PM
rebel_ford4x4
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wolf, you're a very interesting, creative man. you must have alot of time on your hands

Old 10-12-2003, 09:28 PM
bosshoss
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Greywolf.
I work on diesel trucks every day, I hear ya. I saw an add on the tube a few months back that made this situation look like it could be the way to go. Take a bath in x-brand motor oil, then put a dash of hightest gas on for good mesures then Bam, you get picked up by a good looking member of the other sex. I wander if we put this stuff in a little bottle, and called it diesel delight 2003 we might sell this stuff. If we offer it in gift boxes, and sell it for $19.95 an ounce, offer it in High sulfer, Low sulfer, and Bio-diesel, with or without color added we could make a mint.

Old 10-12-2003, 09:31 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
HEY!

I'm with ya mano!!!

I tell ya what - let's begin with a line labelled "CAT 400" and see how far we can run with it....
*winkezz*

Last edited by Greywolf; 10-12-2003 at 09:39 PM.
Old 10-12-2003, 11:46 PM
jaluhn
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I can definetly tell you that diesel is a whole lot nicer to bathe in than gas. Been there, done that. Not fun. Further, dielse tastes one whole heck of alot better, too. Don't ask how I know that.
-John