Modular V10 (6.8l)  

Non Starting V-10 F53 Motorhome

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 10:13 PM
RvTime
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Non Starting V-10 F53 Motorhome

On again off again. For the past 6 months my motorhome has normally started. However, on some ocassions (all cold) the motor cranks normally but will not fire. I've checked fuel pressure and it is fine. A couple of common things I've thought of. Won't start after completely filling the gas tank? After a rain? I've got a OBD II reader and I'm not getting any codes but today I did get a TC1 - P code that I've been unable to find in my manual. The service engine soon light is staying on during anytime the key is in the on position. The RV forum suggested checking out the cam sensor. Any thoughts?

Old 10-07-2003, 10:07 AM
V10Crew
Senior User

you might try disconnecting the battery and letting the computer re-set itself, this has worked for a few trucks I've dealt with. If this works and it starts then scan the system and see if your getting any new codes.

Old 10-07-2003, 11:33 AM
BlueKnight
Junior User
Have you tried pressing down on the gas pedal as you attempt to start the engine. if it starts i may just be a stuck I.A.C valve

Old 10-07-2003, 04:13 PM
RvTime
New User
I've done the battery cable thing. No help. I've done the gas pedal. The PID shows the proper voltage change.

My scanner may not be accurate. Gives me strange readings at time.

I made a appointment for October 20th to have the motorhome towed to a local RV repair shop. I hope the thing will start before then so I don't have to have it towed.

I'll keep checking the codes. It is drying up and warming up here so maybe . . .

Old 10-07-2003, 04:18 PM
V10Crew
Senior User

one other note, on the super dutys there is a fuel pump shut off in case it gets into an accident, it is a re-settable button on the passenger side interior of the truck, does the motorhome chassis have this? it might be something to check out.

Old 10-07-2003, 05:54 PM
RvTime
New User
Guess what folks?

The motorhome just started. It was 75 today and no rain for a week. Any relationship? Who knows.

Maybe the shop won't take 8 hours to figure this thing out.

I'll let you know if they find anything.