Sponsored by: DP Tuner

DPPI Stainless Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 02:58 PM
Ding
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up DPPI Stainless Exhaust

I have been checking out this forum for some time now and finally decided to register. Just got a new Diesel Performace Parts (DPPI) stainless exhaust yesterday and wanted everyone to know that if you're into looking for an exhaust system for your powerstock....check them out. Very high quality and easy to install. Plus a ton cheaper than Banks and some others. Has anyone else got this exhaust system from DPPI?

Old 10-19-2003, 09:59 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 277 Likes on 140 Posts
I went to a local diesel shop and all he did was recommend DPPI. What kind of gains have you seen (or felt) so far? What kind of "growl" do you get when you take off or idle?

Old 10-20-2003, 05:00 AM
Ding
Junior User
DPPI Exhaust

The new exhaust breathes much better, noticed increase in throttle response and better fuel mileage. The sound is not loud...just a very nice rumble to it. You would think it would be loud with a straight through exhaust but it isn't. Very easy to install. The only help you will need is someone to hold the down pipe when you hook it up to the turbo, it's impossible to do by yourself.

Old 10-20-2003, 04:22 PM
Shake-N-Bake
Post Fiend

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
I've just started looking for an exhaust system for my truck. Did you order your system online or through a local retailer? How much should I budget for? I've noticed many comments on this forum about 4" downpipes. (I guess most aftermarket systems have smaller size downpipes) What size downpipe does the DPPI system have?

What do you mean by "straight thru" exhaust? Are you talking about the muffler type or did you leave out the muffler entirely? Since you have now relieved your engine of a lot of excess backpressure....what are your plans for the intake side of things? I put a K&N filter on my truck but I don't think that's going to be enough once I change my exhaust system. I've been reading about a mod that some guys have been doing to their air filter arrangement that involves removing the airbox. Have you tried this?

Old 10-20-2003, 05:06 PM
Ding
Junior User
DPPI Exhaust

I would stick with the 3.5" downpipe unless you have a ton of modifications done to your engine. If you don't you'll loose your bottom end take-off. Ya I've read about those aftermarket filters like the tymar but I don't want to take the chance of my warranty being voided for my turbo. There is a ton of threads about the good and bad and personally I'd rather be safe than sorry...personal preference. I am going to order the AIS system from Ford. It's the Severe Duty Filter system. It provides better protection than stock and a slip in replacement filter like a K&N......Ding

Old 03-02-2004, 01:58 PM
BluesManF250
Senior User
Still satisfied?

Are you still satisfied with the DPPI system? I am ready to order their stainless system and just looking for some more results. Still satisfied with the 3.5dp? Thanks.

Old 03-02-2004, 02:21 PM
grizz_chaser
Junior User
I also have the DPPI stainless exhaust ( 3 1/2" down pipe-4" back. I also have the Ford AIS intake. I'm very pleased with both. When I installed the exhaust I saw a drop of 100-150 degrees in EGT's and saw a little better throttle response with a nice throaty sound, but the main benefit was in the EGT's. As far as the AIS, the filtration is far better than the oringinal intake and I can't tell any performance difference over the AFE I had and you can still hear the turbo whine. I suppose if you are running extreme power mods you might lose a little but I doubt that it would even be 10%. The original air box is junk and with a K&N it was a poor seal with alot of dust getting by, at least on mine. Hope this helps.

Old 03-02-2004, 02:35 PM
TN Hillbilly
Senior User
Re: DPPI Exhaust

Originally posted by Ding
the tymar but I don't want to take the chance of my warranty being voided for my turbo. There is a ton of threads about the good and bad and personally I'd rather be safe than sorry...personal preference.
But wouldn't the exhaust mod void the warranty also?

Old 03-02-2004, 08:22 PM
DR JOE
Senior User
I don't think the warranty is void.
The reason I say this is, allot of our dealerships now offer a Cat-Back exhust and duels. On gas trucks and I heard that there now offering HO exhust for the diesels. 4" all the way back. So if they void your warrenty then why did they sell it to you as an add-on???

My 2cents

Old 03-02-2004, 09:38 PM
BluesManF250
Senior User
Thanks grizz_chaser, that info. does help. I was wondering what kind of sound the system made. I talked to DPPI about the downpipe and they really didn't recommend either, they just advised that most customers buy the 4" dp. Your egt reduction is great and I did notice just a little more pep when I added the AIS. That stock box is where it belongs now!

TN Hillbilly, Hillbilly Cadillac looks great. Thats the mod order I am taking as well. I haven't heard about any warranty problems with the exhaust systems??

Old 03-02-2004, 10:07 PM
Thumper4995
Senior User
Where are you guys ordering this DPPI from and how much are they? I am looking around myself for an exhaust now.....

Old 03-03-2004, 07:12 AM
TN Hillbilly
Senior User
Thanks BluesMan. I just spent two years in Maryland, I had to get back to the hills. Reading on this board is what directed me in the way to put on mods. Lots of great info and knowleadge here.

The warranty deal, I would just expect that a dealer would scream void anytime you modify from factory, especially if it's going to cost them money. Some wouldn't I suppose.

Old 03-03-2004, 07:56 AM
BluesManF250
Senior User
There are a couple of places to get DDPI's exhaust. They have their own web site and they are also sold at Dieselmanor. There may be other places, but I know of these for sure. Both are selling them for around $810+ for the T-304 Stainless 4" turbo back system.

TN Hillbilly, I can relate to getting back to the hills after living here. I now live in the "mountains" of western MD in the country! Country Boy Cadillac, huh? LOL

Old 03-03-2004, 08:12 AM
TN Hillbilly
Senior User
I know where Joppa is. I lived in Columbia, worked mostly in DC and NOVA. Thats a nice ride, I wish I would of gotten a lighter color, as I look outside to what the past two days of rain have done.

I saw the price on stainless, made me change my mind. But unlike there we get very very little snow. No salt on the roads. Last year it was like 60" in MD. One big reason to head south. So I will probably go with alum. coat.

Last edited by TN Hillbilly; 03-03-2004 at 08:16 AM.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:24 AM
grizz_chaser
Junior User
I got my exhaust from www.itpdiesel.com he is great to work with. I'm not sure of the exact price now but I think it was around $700 and buying from him is cheaper than buying direct from DPPI. I got the stainless since I plan on having this truck a long time and we get snow which they spray magnesium chloride on the roads in the winter for. If you haven't done it yet you can also go towww.ford-trucks.com click on links then sponsors to maybe compare other sellers. Hope this helps.

PS. I forgot to add that unless you plan on running real high power from a chip, I would go with the 3 1/2" down pipe especially if you tow anything. If you go with the 4" you will lose some of the lower RPM's torgue.

Last edited by grizz_chaser; 03-03-2004 at 09:44 AM.

Quick Reply: DPPI Stainless Exhaust