General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Jesse James

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 06:48 PM
bigrigfixer
The Pacifier

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jesse James

I was just reading a thread on Monster Garage ... Anyway, I noticed some of you don't think too highly of Jesse James. I'm a bit indifferent, I think he can be an idiot, but for the most part brilliant in his designs. Back to what I wanted to say, my fiancee has a huge crush on him. Any of your significant others feel the same way?

For Mod: I posted by accident in big bronco forum and tried to delete, but it wouldn't. Please help.

Old 09-28-2003, 06:52 PM
BuiltToughF250
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think the guys here who dont like him are just jealous cause their women do!

face it- the dudes cool- he makes some serious $$- has a awesome occupation- hes had more fun than most of us

yeah if i could be in someone elses shoes i might choose his.

Old 09-28-2003, 07:02 PM
2Bowers
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Didn't his wife leave him though?

Checked with Other Bower, she doesn't have a crush on him. (Johnny Depp, go figure) Says he reminds her of stoner dudes who are brilliant and creative when under the influence but total jerks when straight. We both like the show though. Nice that he can do what he likes and make $$$. Wish I could.

Old 09-28-2003, 07:05 PM
chuck641
Elder User
he has my dream job .. id love to mess around with cars and bikes all day and make pretty much anything i wanted and get paid for it. and i dont have a woman to have a crush on him so i guess i dont need to worry bout that

Old 09-28-2003, 07:09 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
After he destroyed that Bronco rock crawler, my low opinion of him dropped farther. Stupidly enough, sometimes I still enjoy watching the creations they come up with. Guess I can't be miffed at good old American imagination and skill, though.

Old 09-28-2003, 07:16 PM
2Bowers
Posting Guru
That Bronco made me sick too. But the dragster/hot dog cart was funny.

Old 09-28-2003, 07:59 PM
fordeverpower
Postmaster
hey do you guys think them mac tools are worth $3400 cause i don't.

Old 09-28-2003, 09:04 PM
jwtaylor
Postmaster
I think the tools are worth 3400 combined as in what they give them idividually totalled.

I agree he has a cool job, and the reason he is where he is would be pure attitude. I see him as someone who has to prove himself to others to make himself happy and would do it at all cost, weather it hurt someone close to him or not, kinda like you got in my way oh well, and he would justify with the attitude that it's his way or the highway if he thought otherwise he would consider himself weak. His attitude appeals to the masses kinda like professional wrestlers in that he lives a life other people think is out there and unattainable and has to be better than what they live know. Doesn't it

Maybe I am reading too much into it, really I could care less who he is or what he does, other than I like the show and I like the bikes, he just happens to be the image the producer chose to go with to make ratings.

This applies here. Just a thought, the grass looks greener on the other side really, go outside and look at your neighbors yard it looks greener doesn't it, you know why it looks greener? You can't see the dirt. (if you go to their yard yours looks greener). That works figuratively and literally

Old 09-28-2003, 10:12 PM
Phat02
Senior User
Jesse James is the man IMO. There is not many people who can still do metalforming the way he does (hammer and sandbags). The way he works is more of an art, and VERY hard work. I'm not on the Monster Garage bandwagon either. I was a fan of Jesse's work before he ever hit TV. He started WCC in his garage with his own money and built it into what it is today. I don't always agree with his lifestyle, but the fact that he followed his dream makes him a hero in my book. He is doing exactly what I've wanted to do since I was 16, but can't find the courage to break away from a good career.

Old 09-28-2003, 10:34 PM
bigrigfixer
The Pacifier

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Phat02
[B]Jesse James is the man IMO. There is not many people who can still do metalforming the way he does (hammer and sandbags). The way he works is more of an art, and VERY hard work. I'm not on the Monster Garage bandwagon either. I was a fan of Jesse's work before he ever hit TV. He started WCC in his garage with his own money and built it into what it is today. I don't always agree with his lifestyle, but the fact that he followed his dream makes him a hero in my book.

I'm with you. He's definitely done very well for himself and his family. I don't understand what you mean about his lifestyle, though. On tv, I'm sure he puts on a show, but a friend of mine was down in Long Beach and met Jesse in person. He said Jesse is a straight up guy from the 15 minute meeting.

On his WCC website there is some history on him, and from what I took away from it, he's sober now, and he's proud of that. Maybe I saw that on the Discovery Channel. I forget. Whatever.

I don't hate the guy, but I figure he's the type of guy some people can emulate. Take guidance from.

Fiancee liked him better before he shaved his head.

Old 09-28-2003, 10:37 PM
FlaresideGlenn
Senior User
I met him this past June at a car show when I was visiting friends in California. He was a nice enough guy, very polite and personable.

Its just my opinion, but they film about 500 hrs per episode of Monster Garage and edit it down to one hour - I think the producers like to make him look like a power control freak with personality issues - makes for better tv doesn't it?

Old 09-28-2003, 10:53 PM
BigMattXXL
Postmaster
Originally posted by BuiltToughF250
face it- the dudes cool- he makes some serious $$- has a awesome occupation- hes had more fun than most of us
That about sums it up. My GF thinks he's cool, but doesn't seem to have a crush on him.

She's got a huge crush on Zakk Wylde and Vin Diesel.

I'm a big bald guy who plays guitar so I guess I'm a decent compromise

XXL

Old 09-28-2003, 10:56 PM
BigMattXXL
Postmaster
Originally posted by fordeverpower
hey do you guys think them mac tools are worth $3400 cause i don't.
Do they cost that much? Probably.

Are they worth that much? Nope.

Is a Snap-On toolbox worth $6000? The Craftsman Professional series is better, IMO, and a comparable box costs $1,000.

XXL

Old 09-29-2003, 03:04 AM
willowbilly3
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Jesse is one heckuva fabricator and an artist with metal. And as mentioned you have to admire him from being a street punk to building this business to what it is.
I think the producers create the image they want us to see and I think the wwf style announcers have cheapen up and dummied down the show a lot. Now they are going for shock factor in trashing classics.
The main thing I don't like about the show is all the halloween atmosphere. I don't go for all that death and satanic crap. And sometimes I wish they could do a voice-over for Jesse. His little girly voice just doesn't match his macho demeaner.

Old 09-29-2003, 05:31 AM
13hondacr250
Posting Guru
Watch the show for what its worth if you want. Personally I like it. Just the engineering and everything that goes into what they build.

Can't fault the guy for what he does. He's very skilled and does what he wants cause he worked for it. American dream at its best.

Quick Reply: Jesse James