fordtrks4fr
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
must have something to do with that extra 1/2 stroke

Old 10-05-2003, 10:12 PM
Justme
Freshman User
FWIW: I dont use the "@ .050" measurement as they are useless when calculating the Dynamic Compression Ratio (DCR). It is also useless in telling the end user what their Lobe Intensity is....just passing thoughts.

The extra stroke effects not only your Static Comp. Ratio but also the Dynamic Comp Ratio. The larger the displacement the more duration it can handle.

More stroke means the Cylinder Displacement will be larger for both the SCR and the DCR. So, the larger cylinder allows the engine to breathe more air per cylinder cycle. That would definately play havoc w/the computer air metering devices for any engine with a smaller Cylinder Displacement.

Hence why it is so important to know your DCR before making an engine modification: especially the cam duration as it applies to Atmospheric Pressure, Cylinder Pressure and SCR. The duration effects all of these and more so at low rpm-low airflow velocity.

As we all know-there's no replacement for displacement.

Kevin,

Last edited by Justme; 10-05-2003 at 10:16 PM.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:39 PM
fordtrks4fr
Senior User
i kinda get what u r saying, i had another post where i started talking about running too much duration in a stock motor, i kinda figured but wasn't sure, it actually started lowering the compression and made it sorrier than a three legged dog. though i have also possibly run the mistake before of too much compression and too short duration, i think i screwed it all up a time or two. i am confident i will be ok if the tech said so, besides if i start it tomorrow it better run, other wise dare i say it, am trading it for a ....just kidding.

Old 10-07-2003, 06:03 PM
Lightning2Fast
Senior User
112 is not enough lobe separation to keep speed density happy without some sort of tweaking via a chip etc....114 i would say would be the minimum to keep that idle nice......no less....

Old 10-08-2003, 02:46 PM
fordtrks4fr
Senior User
it runs pretty good, i think it is in a relearn process?, not sure but i heard some computers do it, it idols kinda high but is real strong. i think i need to put some lower gears in it now.