1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

Supercharged Expedition Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 07:06 PM
BigMattXXL
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Deez
But wouldn't the injectors and increased fuel only come into play when you actually needed them? I.E., Under throttle?

Not to argue mind you, I enjoy the comments & help!

-Deez-
I'm thinking that it might be starving itself - the engine computer is somewhat able to compensate while under throttle, and will cut loose with the gas, but when it goes back to idle, I don't think it really knows what to do.

Did you reset the computer when you installed the S/C? If not, or if you don't know, then disconnect the battery for 10-30 minutes. Reconnect the battery. When you start it up, all the gauges should max out and then drop back down - this indicates that the computer was reset.

It's worth a shot - doesn't take much time and doesn't cost anything.

XXL

Old 09-29-2003, 07:07 PM
BigMattXXL
Postmaster
Another idea - maybe check with those maniacs in the Lightning forum. They're always up to no good, and it usually involves Superchargers. There's bound to be somebody there who knows this stuff better than we do.

XXL

Old 09-29-2003, 07:13 PM
Deez
New User
Ok, I'll reset the power tonite and will forward a plea for help into the Lightning forum.

-Deez-

Old 09-30-2003, 11:33 AM
jwil
New User
I haven't had my Expo dynoed or anything like that so I don't know what its capable of. But to resart your computer just disconnect the battery and put the key in the ignition and turn it to the on position and hold for 30 sec. Then reconnect the battery then turn the key to the on position and all the gauges should go up then back down and your computer is reseted. Just easier than waiting 30 minutes.

What do you mean by specs? Horsepower and torque etc.

Old 09-30-2003, 11:37 AM
Deez
New User
Yea, I reset the comp last night, problem is still there.

I meant specs as in year and engine size. Checking for similarities.

-Deez-

Old 09-30-2003, 11:42 AM
jwil
New User
2000 expo 4.6L I knew the problem would still be there cause i've tried it more than once

Old 09-30-2003, 05:11 PM
Deez
New User
LOL, this blows ( no pun ) .

The speed shop I took it to in town told me they think the unit is out of oil.. They are trying to contact Powerdyne to see what the procedure is since the unit is self contained.. Will update when I know more.. :sigh:

-Deez-

Old 10-01-2003, 01:59 AM
BigMattXXL
Postmaster
LOL, this blows ( no pun ) .

The speed shop I took it to in town told me they think the unit is out of oil.. They are trying to contact Powerdyne to see what the procedure is since the unit is self contained.. Will update when I know more.. :sigh:

-Deez-
Ouch.....

Well, somebody's head's gonna roll for that one......

XXL

Old 10-01-2003, 02:02 AM
BigMattXXL
Postmaster
Originally posted by jwil
But to resart your computer just disconnect the battery and put the key in the ignition and turn it to the on position and hold for 30 sec. Then reconnect the battery then turn the key to the on position and all the gauges should go up then back down and your computer is reseted. Just easier than waiting 30 minutes.
That's funny - didn't work for the rest of us. It seems the time limit is different for everybody - my particular vehicle resets after 7 minutes without the battery. Other guys were saying that theirs didn't reset until after 20 minutes!

I wonder why that is

XXL

Old 10-01-2003, 11:00 AM
Deez
New User
Well, now after they looked at it closely... They think it's eating itself up. Slipping, grinding etc etc . They couldn't open the case due to warrenty issues. So I am now trying to talk Powerdyne into letting them handle the warranty instead of the shop I had install it. Not that the shop was bad, just not as "in the know" as the speed shop.

Remember kids. Just cause you save a bucks, doesn't mean you get the same product.

-Deez-

Old 10-01-2003, 04:58 PM
jwil
New User
I didn't even add a supercharger and i have the same problem. So I Don't think there's anything wrong with the S/C.

Old 10-01-2003, 05:03 PM
Deez
New User
Well considering there was NO problems with the truck before this install, leads me to think it's not the truck..

Anyway, I was lucky enough to get an RMA on the unit and an appointment tomorrow to get it taken off.

I'll chaulk this up as a, Buy cheap pay more later, experience.

Thanks for all the help.

-Deez-

Old 10-01-2003, 05:29 PM
BigMattXXL
Postmaster
Well considering there was NO problems with the truck before this install, leads me to think it's not the truck..

Anyway, I was lucky enough to get an RMA on the unit and an appointment tomorrow to get it taken off.

I'll chaulk this up as a, Buy cheap pay more later, experience.

Thanks for all the help.

-Deez-
Well I'm certainly glad it worked out the way it did - could've been so much worse.

Maybe it's time for a Blowzilla?

XXL

Old 10-01-2003, 05:33 PM
Deez
New User
Hehe yea.. The wife would kill me if I told her I was getting another blower for her truck.

I'll just do some minor stuff to it.

-Deez-

Old 10-03-2003, 01:03 PM
Deez
New User
Well hell . I decided to keep the damn thing. Im a gluton for punishment I guess. Anyway, it has stopped doing the stalling and seems to be acting fine. What spurred this was the shop keeping my truck for a day and not being able to get it in to remove the blower. And the fact that it started behaving.

But now I need help on something else. Fuel! I can tell I am not getting enough to the engine under a heavy foot. Best performance is about 3/4 of the pedal pushed down any further and I actually get worse acceleration. Ok, I ASSume its fuel related. So, what are my options? Will a chip fit the bill? Do I need a boost-a-pump?

And I am still sending the unit itelf back to get checked out, just to make sure. Keeping the accessories hooked up, supposed to still work.

-Deez-

Quick Reply: Supercharged Expedition Help