Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulling ABS diagnostic codes

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 08:18 AM
RayHell
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pulling ABS diagnostic codes

Hi all,
my 1994 E350 IDI 4WABS is liting up the ABS lamp now and then. Found no system in this, and now I'm trying to retreive the trouble codes. (Checked almost everything, I think...)
But that is not easy...or what?
Searched the net for code scanners that can do this on this model, but found NONE. (What do the pro's use??)

So no I need tips. On the RABS systems there is a way to short a cable and get blink codes, but I don't think this works on this model with 4WABS. Want to do it myself, my trust in the pro's is low these days....

Old 09-25-2003, 09:26 PM
HardScrabble
Temporarily Deactivated
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am not sure but since nobody is posting to this I will bump it.

I think that you do need a code scanner to get codes off the four wheel ABS system. Make sure that is what you have.

Here is a link to a site that has lots of information on code scanners.
Scantools and programs

Old 09-25-2003, 09:55 PM
pfogle
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Okay, if my understanding of the 7.3s computer is correct it's EEC-V, under hood there will be an emisions sticker, it will tell you what computer you have, post that and we can give you some better help. You may have to pay the FORD garage to scan it. It could be there is a seperate computer for the 4wabs.

Old 09-27-2003, 04:50 PM
Jack01
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
from what i can obtain from the Chilton repair manual it is a static test completed at the RABS II module for rear wheel or the ABS module for all wheel anti lock. and has to do with the static lights in the dash ie the Brake light and the abs light one being red and one being yellow. I am still researching this info as to the fact that I am having a problem with my RABS i have had the spring removed from the dump valve and have as of yet to get the proper info from the repair shop.