Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator 1991-1994, 1995-2001, 2002-2005, 2006-2010 Ford Explorer

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-24-2003, 07:59 PM
New User

danzadra is starting off with a positive reputation.
Keyless entry code for 2003 Explorer

I bought a used 2003 Explorer XLT and don't know the code for the keyless entry. I understand it's on some module, but where is the module?
Old 09-24-2003, 09:16 PM
New User

99ExplorerXLT is starting off with a positive reputation.
Keyless entry code for 2003 Explorer

Not sure on the 2003, but on the 99 its located in the back behind the panel that hides the jack on the driveds side.

You have to get a flashlight and look really carefully back in there to find it. Once I saw the module with the code on it I really had to strain to read the code. On the 99 the code is 5 digits.

Hope this helps.

Carlen
Old 09-26-2003, 06:41 AM
New User

Still looking. Anyone know where it is on a 2003 Ford Explorer
Old 09-26-2003, 08:21 AM
New User

andylant2003 is starting off with a positive reputation.
If you can't find it the dealer was supposed to give you a card with the code on it. I suggest you go back to the dealer or call them and have the stock number the dealer had on the truck available. I bought my truck about a moth ago and the dealer handed me a little plastic card that had the manufacturer's code on it.
Old 09-26-2003, 03:56 PM
New User

yankee15 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talking Door Key Code

I just got through this ordeal with my 2002 Explorer. Bye the way thanks everyone for there great ideas. But, it is located on the passengers side on mine. I had that whole truck torn apart on the drivers side and could not find it. Then a guy at work said it's buy the rear wiper fill. Which is on passenger side (on mine). Sure enough five minutes later I could open my door with the key pad!! It is a grey box about 6 inches long by maybe 4 inches wide. It has a 5 digit number stamped on a white label. That's it. It's just behind the door jam of the back passenger door. Just pop the back corner molding off, the molding where the back seat belt is, the molding back by the bumper(runs from side to side of the truck), then pop big pass. back panel loose(don't have to take it out) look in from the top just behind the back seat and you'll see it. Good luck.
Old 09-27-2003, 04:51 PM
New User

Still no luck. Anyone with knowledge on finding it on a 2003 Explorer? Looking for the keyless entry code.
Old 09-27-2003, 04:51 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator

Tags
2003, code, default, entry, explorer, find, ford, keyless, locatedin, truck