429 as opposed to 460 for 1-ton

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2003, 03:08 PM
kinkydoints
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a question about bthis 429 conversion I have a 74 250 ranger with a 429 from a 73 station wagon it looks to me that the exhast manifolds,where they meet the pipe the passenger side. has bolts going through the manifold not manifold studs.
I am wondering about the "dounut" gasket?is there one that fits between the manifold and the pipe? on boths sides?

Old 10-19-2003, 05:44 PM
grapegravy
Elder User
Couldn't tell ya,, I use headers

Old 10-19-2003, 09:03 PM
neverenough
Elder User
Originally posted by kinkydoints
Just a question about bthis 429 conversion I have a 74 250 ranger with a 429 from a 73 station wagon it looks to me that the exhast manifolds,where they meet the pipe the passenger side. has bolts going through the manifold not manifold studs.
I am wondering about the "dounut" gasket?is there one that fits between the manifold and the pipe? on boths sides?
The manifold has through holes not blind holes on the manifold. It still uses studs to secure the exhaust to the manifold. They could have been damaged or drilled out becouse of a broken stud and bolts were used instead. No, if it is a truck manifold it won't need a gasket, it is built into the manifold. The drivers side might need a gasket depending on what manifold was used.