2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Talk me out of a Race Red F350

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 11:10 PM
h20camper
Logistics Pro
Received 273 Likes on 188 Posts
Originally Posted by gravedgr
I have never seen a red work truck in my life.
Lots here in the Mid-Atlantic region.

Old 08-01-2018, 12:39 AM
gravedgr
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GMoney1121
I have a 2011 F150 in race red, a 2017 Honda Civic in red(same as race red), painted my garage two-tone separated by a race red stripe, and own way too many other red things. Needless to say, I am a red guy. I ordered my 2019 F350 in ruby red, and I felt like I was cheating on race red. I just didn’t like all the chrome along with the race red color, there wasn’t enough contrast in it, too bright everywhere. If they had the body color/Black option like my F150 FX4 trim, it would have been a no brainer for race red. I was torn all the way until the order went in, but I just liked the ruby/chrome better than race/chrome. Hoping I don’t regret the decision.
That's funny. What I like about the race red is that it is one of the only colors I actually like the chrome on (I detest chrome, and searched out a sport pkg F150 just to avoid the giant chrome grill). I do think it is very price, but it is a very happy color/combination.

Originally Posted by brmpipes
I had a red truck in 2006 and got more speeding tickets then I can count in it. Black truck nothing .Blue truck same.Never will own anther red one. like the color not the attention.
I'm pretty sure it is not the color. I can almost guarantee I'm one of the most aggressive drivers you'll ever meet. I go ripping around in my race red GT350 with the exhaust in sport mode all the time (i.e. loud) and get nary a notice other than people taking cell phone pics (kids and adults). I can't confirm, but there are rumors of someone taking people for test rides in a similar car at triple digit speeds nearby.

There are also plenty of articles on the myth of red cars and tickets.

Originally Posted by h20camper
Lots here in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Interesting - what are they used for? Govt? A particular business or service?

Old 08-01-2018, 09:36 AM
wrvond
Cargo Master
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by dave91gt
We ended up with race red. Normally, we drive dark color cars and trucks. I've had several black, gray, dark green (older Wranglers), etc. wife's past two vehicles were ruby red.
But this go around on a Super Duty, we settled on race red. Primarily because there aren't many of them and also it doesn't show dirt as much. I am also tired of the upkeep on black.
So we bought a race red lariat and get all kinds of compliments.
Attachment 261477

If they would have had a Sport package or Platinum in this color it would have been first choice.
Thornhill, eh? I got mine at Moses in St. Albans.

Old 08-01-2018, 11:59 AM
dave91gt
Laughing Gas
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by wrvond
Thornhill, eh? I got mine at Moses in St. Albans.
Small world huh? Nice truck BTW
I have bought from just about every Ford dealer around the Charleston area. We were at Thornhill (first time) as they had a Ruby Red Raptor- that was the original plan. We downsized and traded two vehicles at once.
After driving their Raptor (another dealer wouldn't allow test drives unless paperwork was initiated), we drove a Super Duty. It was then the wife agreed it was much smarter for the money for us. She thought it would be too much truck for her to drive. Luckily, the one we drove had the 360 cameras. That sealed the deal. I have been whining about wanting a Super Duty since 2017.
We originally had them looking for a ruby red Platinum and they couldn't get a dealer trade, or the trucks didn't have the options she wanted, etc. Then we both agreed to be different and go with the race red. Thornhill went to Georgia to get the truck and they have a 10yr 120K powertrain warranty. Really good experience for us. They sold me the wheel well liners, bed extender, tonneau, and leveling kit at their cost. The picture I posted was the day I picked it up after having them do the work. Ill go back to them for sure in the future. Getting tint today (matching front windows and windshield strip).

Old 08-01-2018, 03:00 PM
stangman68inftc
Junior User
Old 08-01-2018, 06:07 PM
Remmy
Senior User
I like mine, a lot fewer on the road. Although I would have been happy with a few other colors as well, just didn't want the chrome package and this one was optioned out like I wanted.

Old 08-01-2018, 08:28 PM
GMoney1121
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Remmy
I like mine, a lot fewer on the road. Although I would have been happy with a few other colors as well, just didn't want the chrome package and this one was optioned out like I wanted.

Are your grill and front bumper wrapped or aftermarket?

Old 08-01-2018, 09:59 PM
gravedgr
Senior User

That's a great looking truck, and I really love those wheels. Can you share the specs?

Old 08-01-2018, 10:27 PM
Remmy
Senior User
The wheels are Fuel Contra 20x9 +1mm offset, tires are 37x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Suspension is Carli Backcountry 2.5" the full progressive rear leafs should be here this week but in the pics the rear is factory.

As for the grille its a Vision X product (came with 4 4" Light cannons) The light bar is custom cut in (Baja Designs 40" Arc Hi-power) the light output is very impressive. The bumper is just plasti-dipped for now but I have plans to get it powder coated when I get the time.

Here is a little better angle on the grille, one of my goals was to lose the excessive chrome.

Old 08-01-2018, 11:45 PM
gravedgr
Senior User
The wheels are Fuel Contra 20x9 +1mm offset, tires are 37x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Suspension is Carli Backcountry 2.5" the full progressive rear leafs should be here this week but in the pics the rear is factory.

As for the grille its a Vision X product (came with 4 4" Light cannons) The light bar is custom cut in (Baja Designs 40" Arc Hi-power) the light output is very impressive. The bumper is just plasti-dipped for now but I have plans to get it powder coated when I get the time.

Here is a little better angle on the grille, one of my goals was to lose the excessive chrome.
I hope you don't mind, but I'm saving pictures of your truck for inspiration. Do you tow at all? And do you have any rubbing with the 37s on a 2.5" lift? I will need to tow around 5-10k lbs about once or twice a month, but do want to upsize to at least 35x12.5 and was planning on R18 because of all the comments about the smaller sidewall on 20s making the already stiff, unloaded truck even worse. I think 20s are fine for 37s, but am reluctant to go that big without a 4" lift, which then creates concerns about towing.

Old 08-02-2018, 01:38 AM
Remmy
Senior User
I tow 8k occasionally and run a sled deck in the winter. I will be installing airbags once the new springs are installed. No rub with the 37s at least not yet. Offset and width of the wheel is critical in regard to rub. Thanks for the compliments.