Modular V10 (6.8l)  

Someone will STEAL this AWESOME engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 01:21 PM
ken04
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The guy building the V-10 Crown Vic has run out of bucks, this motor is incredible, it contains;

Total Money Spent on this item is $10,500 (this price does not include any time/labor that I put into it.) Make me an offer and I will consider it, or you can take it today for $10,000 with no waiting or competitor bidding...

Polished and fully ported 2000 Excursion heads (Performance Improved, 2 valves per cylinder, over head cam)
Bronze valve guides
Manley Rods
Ross custom forged aluminum flat-top pistons (compression ratio raised to 10.5:1)
Plasma-moly rings
High performance Federal Mogul bearings throughout engine shortblock
Cylinder walls fully honed
Entire shortblock, harmonic balancer, and flywheel balanced to within 1 gram
Ford Motorsport 30lb/hr Fuel Injectors (bright red, set of 10 flowmatched injectors.)
Twin 62mm Throttlebody
Upper intake powdercoated "Black Stardust"
Lower Intake painted bright red with high temperature engine enamel
Denso Iridium spark plugs
Oil Pan powdercoated "Black Stardust"
Superplug magnetic oil plug
New Ford Harmonic Balancer
New Ford SVO flywheel
All accessories included. (A/C, Power Steering, Alternator)
New Ford Serpentine Belt
All new gaskets and seals
JBA headers for V10 Excursion
This engine was from a Canadian sold Excursion with 1800 miles on it...it has NO EGR system
This engine comes with PCM for 2000 V10, and a custom burned chip from Power Surge Performance (it may need to be reburned for your specific application)
All spare parts from the original engine will be thrown in, and I can get a GREAT deal on shipping this engine anywhere in the U.S.
Spare block is available to the purchaser of this engine or anyone else for an additional $400

I have been following this project for a couple years, sadly it won't get done, but it was a great idea. Here is his web site;

http://www.prolynx.com/atomheart/galaxie.htm

Old 09-22-2003, 04:11 PM
HeavyAssault
Cargo Master
Received 203 Likes on 109 Posts

Same here I was hoping to see this thing come to life.

Oh well ....were is my lottery ticket??

HEY how about a raffle????????????

Old 09-22-2003, 04:57 PM
ken04
Posting Guru

Originally posted by HeavyAssault
Same here I was hoping to see this thing come to life.

Oh well ....were is my lottery ticket??

HEY how about a raffle????????????
I told the guy to put a 'donation box' on hios website. Hey if 5.000 of us could donate a buck, that would have maybe made the difference. Heck, I'm good for a couple bucks, I'd pay to see the car in a car show. I even suggested he take donations and then draw a name for the first ride or something. It's sad to see that project go under, it was going to be awesome. But he did say he would take the best offer, so maybe someone will get a heck of an engine for a heck of a price.

Old 09-22-2003, 06:41 PM
HD Power
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, good idea...even I would have sent the guy a couple bucks to help see this project through.

Old 09-22-2003, 11:54 PM
daimon1054
Posting Guru

Another dream dashed!
Well maybe another will be reborn from the ashes!

Old 09-23-2003, 02:07 AM
HeavyAssault
Cargo Master
Received 203 Likes on 109 Posts

We could start our own raffle, pick a ticket and the winner gets a SWEET engine.

Of course the winner would have to do a full article on the install.

Old 09-23-2003, 07:57 AM
daimon1054
Posting Guru

Well bubba we yanked dat old one outa der and de new one just would not fit. HU what? OH crap we's working on the Cheby.

Old 09-23-2003, 03:46 PM
ken04
Posting Guru

Originally posted by HeavyAssault
We could start our own raffle, pick a ticket and the winner gets a SWEET engine.

Of course the winner would have to do a full article on the install.
I would bet that for $5K or less someone would own this engine. Just a hunch but I've been talking to this guy for 3 years or so. $5K is better than no $K. I know he really needs cash, it would sure be cool if we would all spread the word and help this guy out. V-10 enthusiasts are among the finest people in the world, let's do what we can for this guy, I'm gonna. It took alot of cajones to go this far against the grain of what's normal. Anybody can drop a supercharger on a 350 Chevy, but to go out and pop for a brand new Crown Vic just so he can put in a hot rodded up V-10. I mean that is truly dancing to the tune of a different drummer. You gotta admire this guy. So tell all your friends and neighbors, please. Let's show him the we at FTE and especially us V-10 guys can bring him some help. He needs us.

Old 09-23-2003, 04:21 PM
Hoss Got a Cummins
Senior User

Call me insensitive (or whatever else you want), but I'd be more inclined to just buy the engine from the gentleman and then turn around and sell it on Ebay than I would be to help finance his little project.

And what's this "V-10 enthusiasts are among the finest people in the world."?? Being an enthusiast of any kind certainly doesn't make you a "fine person". I'm not saying this guy isn't a great guy (don't even know his name), but whether he is or he isn't has nothing to do with him being a V-10 enthusiast. I could say that diesel enthusiasts are among the finest in the world...but they're no different than any other kind of enthusiast (except they usually reek of diesel fumes). Come on now...

I hope it works out well for the guy. I really do. But, I'm not going to spend MY hard earned money on someone else's engine...especially going in a Crown Vic of all things. Sorry. No can do.

Last edited by Hoss Got a Cummins; 09-23-2003 at 04:24 PM.
Old 09-23-2003, 04:39 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 298 Likes on 157 Posts

[i]
I hope it works out well for the guy. I really do. But, I'm not going to spend MY hard earned money on someone else's engine...especially going in a Crown Vic of all things. Sorry. No can do. [/B]
And your signature says it all. Dodge indeed. And an oil burner to boot.

I think you're on the wrong site, or at least the wrong forum.

ak

Old 09-23-2003, 04:43 PM
Hoss Got a Cummins
Senior User

Last I checked this was a public forum...

AND...my opinion on this matter has NOTHING to do with the fact that I drive a Dodge OR a diesel. I've said before and I'll say again...I'm not loyal to any brand of truck. I buy what suits my needs best at the time I buy it. Nice try though...

Last edited by Hoss Got a Cummins; 09-23-2003 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-23-2003, 04:44 PM
Hoss Got a Cummins
Senior User

Old 09-24-2003, 11:19 AM
ken04
Posting Guru

Originally posted by Hoss Got a Cummins
Call me insensitive (or whatever else you want), but I'd be more inclined to just buy the engine from the gentleman and then turn around and sell it on Ebay than I would be to help finance his little project.

And what's this "V-10 enthusiasts are among the finest people in the world."?? Being an enthusiast of any kind certainly doesn't make you a "fine person". I'm not saying this guy isn't a great guy (don't even know his name), but whether he is or he isn't has nothing to do with him being a V-10 enthusiast. I could say that diesel enthusiasts are among the finest in the world...but they're no different than any other kind of enthusiast (except they usually reek of diesel fumes). Come on now...

I hope it works out well for the guy. I really do. But, I'm not going to spend MY hard earned money on someone else's engine...especially going in a Crown Vic of all things. Sorry. No can do.
"Call me insensitive", OK, you said it, you must know something.

"Rolleyes" yes you COULD say diesel people are fine people, but going by your blatant care less attitude I doubt anyone would believe you.

"I'm not going to spend my hard earned money---especially on someone who drives a Crown Vic" So they (Crown Vic owners) really ARE different than any other enthusiast regardless of your hollow words above then eh ?

Have you noticed that every time you open your mouth you put another foot a little farther in ?

We get the point, this guy driving a Crown Vic (heck he's probably a minority ta boot huh?) is not worthy of your precious time or money. I'm surprised you could spare the time to post here, maybe you had to take a break from all your adoring fans.

So please, please Mr Hoss, please do this poor gentlemen a favor and buy his motor so he can eat and then please go RIGHT to E-Bay and make a killing, oh PLEASE Mr Hoss.

"I hope it works out well for the guy". No you don't, that at least is obvious. You hope he either fails, or you hope you can profit from his failure.

Why ARE you here ? You contribute nothing, you slam everyone except yourself and your Dodge, you have nothing positive to say ever, so tell us, what's the attraction to our little forum ? Are you "gracing us with your presence" ?

"I'm not loyal to any brand of truck", see THAT is where you, and all of us are different. We ARE loyal, that's what separates us from YOU, thank God.

You are a just a heckler with a shiny (you say) pick-up. We don't need anything from you, go away.

Last edited by ken04; 09-24-2003 at 11:38 AM.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:15 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 298 Likes on 157 Posts

This guy sounds like another one I had problems with at another site. Crappy attitude, usually putting people down for their views. I had written 6 paragraphs replying to him, but at the last minute, decided not to.

Trolls are not worth the wasted bandwidth. Back to the subject at hand. Ford V10's!

I'd like to at least see this guy's project V10 run at least for a few days to work out the bugs and figure out if the configuration is a good one to duplicate for one of my OWN projects. I'm thinking of MN12 (t-bird/cougar/Mark VIII), '96-'97 with a V10... It's been done on that platform, so I know it's possible. Totally worked like the above, I think it would be a real kick in the pants.

ken04, if this motor goes anywhere, try to make sure the guy lets you know where it goes and find out how it works out. And please, post back here with any information about things that didn't work out (or did!).

Hey, I'd give him $20, so it's only 250 of us, right?

ak

Old 09-24-2003, 01:43 PM
ken04
Posting Guru

Originally posted by krewat
This guy sounds like another one I had problems with at another site. Crappy attitude, usually putting people down for their views. I had written 6 paragraphs replying to him, but at the last minute, decided not to.

Trolls are not worth the wasted bandwidth. Back to the subject at hand. Ford V10's!

ken04, if this motor goes anywhere, try to make sure the guy lets you know where it goes and find out how it works out. And please, post back here with any information about things that didn't work out (or did!).

Hey, I'd give him $20, so it's only 250 of us, right?

ak
OK I'll keep in touch with him, I would bet that someone will put it into an existing V-10 powered vehicle though, but we'll see.

As to trolls, yea you're right, but sometimes I just can't resist. I just have to ask why they bother, I mean is he thinking we're impressed cause he's got a 360 c.i. over stressed 6 cylinder ? What would 28 pounds of boost do to our motors, LOOK OUT !! We're up in the 750+ hp range at that much boost, right ? I just hated his condescending "I mean the guy drives a Crown Vic after all" comments, what a jerk. First he says he's an enthusiast then he blasts another enthusiast, one who has 10 times the cajones he does. Who can't go out and buy a new Dodge ? But to build a sleeper V-10 4 door, that's ballsy in my book.

If we could get 250 of us to give $20 each, this guy could finish his project. Or if someone here in this forum wanted to try it I'd kick in $20, just for the effort, know what I mean ?

Quick Reply: Someone will STEAL this AWESOME engine