1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Radio help needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 09:08 PM
transam525
Senior User
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Radio help needed

I have come accross three very nicely preserved original radios for my 1960 Ford F-100. My truck does not have any of the provisions for the radio, as it was a radio delete truck from the factory, but I am wanting to do a 100% correct installation (need driving tunes). After looking in my original owners manual, it appears the location of the choke, air, cigar lighter, and heater fan ***** are slightly different. It may just be the drawing in the manual, but I would like to confirm this. My truck has a factory plug installed in one of the holes left of the choke **** (probably a hole for a throttle **** on larger trucks), but is not shown in the manual. Are all the **** locations the same for trucks with radios, or do all the ***** shift left by one spot each and a new hole is drilled for the tunning **** of the radio? If anyone has any pictures to share of a 1957-1960 truck with a factory radio installed, they would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-18-2003, 09:30 PM
darkman
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio help needed

Check out Kenny's gallery. You can find him at the top of this forum first post.

Old 09-19-2003, 08:42 AM
Kenny
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio help needed

Hi transam525,

The dash ***** are all equally spaced from one another, and are all at the same height. Here's the way they came from the factory (Left to Right)............

Lights, Wipers, L-Air, **Steering column** R-Air, Choke, Throttle (trucks not equipped with throttle had just a blank space for one, no delete plug), Cigar lighter or a delete plug in it's place, Heat/Def, Radio.

The radio's On/Off/Volume **** is spaced the same distance from the heater **** as the rest of the ***** are from each other.

I hope this helps.

Old 09-19-2003, 11:49 AM
transam525
Senior User
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Radio help needed

I'm not sure if this was another 1960 only thing, but my ***** are in the following order: wipers, lights, R air, steering column, blank plate covering a hole, choke, L air, cigar lighter, and then the heater fan/defrost. After looking in the manual, nothing shows the blank panel covering the hole left of the choke, and all the ***** appear to be one slot left of where they are. If anyone has some pictures, of measurements of the radio ***** from the glove box opening, they would greatly be appreciated.