General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Love pulling out Stuck Chevys!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 07:46 PM
cow_boy104
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So today, my buddy and I go to my Grandma's to take down some old barbed wire fencing. We deside to take his truck down the pasture. His being a 2wd

The upper portion of the pasture is un disc'd, and the bottom is disc'd. Well going down the hill was fine. But when it leveled out, he dug his tires in. After awhile of trying to get it out, on it's own, with no luck. We grab some wood, and try that. You guessed it, no luck

So what comes to the rescue. My Aunt's '98 Ranger 4.0 4x4. Grab some chains, and head down.

Park the Ranger about 20' away on some semi hard dirt, and hook her up the Chevy, and pull, It was like there was no load at all. It was the funnist thing ever.

Only if I would have taken pics.

I could have probably pulled him out with my 2wd, but didn't want to risk it. If I would of had front tow hooks, then ya.

Just thought I would share that w/whoever.

-Mike

Old 09-16-2003, 10:03 PM
chado
Posting Guru

That's good. Well to bad you didn't get pictures, I took pictures of my 79 F-150 towing my girlfriends 4x4 blazer back from Uxbridge (2.5hour trip) on a uhaul dual axle car trailer behind my truck.

Loved towing the chevy felt good

Chado

Old 09-16-2003, 10:10 PM
cow_boy104
Senior User

Oh man, It happened again today. He cannot drive in dirt. Went and got my truck this time, and pulled him out like nothing. And again, had camera. But never thought about it.

Old 09-17-2003, 09:15 AM
shorebird
Hotshot
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Don't pull them out. Let them sink!

Old 09-17-2003, 09:27 AM
Texan1983
Posting Guru

you do realize you truck would most likley get stuck there too right? it's not a chevy thing, it's a 2wd thing

Old 09-17-2003, 09:31 AM
1970f2504x4
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hehe, well I can't say I've had the pleasure of pulling a Chevy out yet! Must have been a sight

Old 09-17-2003, 09:34 AM
MuchToMyDelight
Posting Guru

Originally posted by Texan1983
you do realize you truck would most likley get stuck there too right? it's not a chevy thing, it's a 2wd thing
I think we all know its more about the drivers abilities and 2 or 4 wheel drive, but its still fun to pick on them!

Old 09-17-2003, 09:49 AM
Texan1983
Posting Guru

hey i am all for picking on those chevy guys, they sure pick on me at times, but sometimes it just seems a little ridiculous. don't mean to rain on anyones parade here but just had to speak my mind

Old 09-17-2003, 01:35 PM
haroutd
Posting Guru
Location: I'm lost somewhere in NJ -- can someone please find me?!?!?!?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I pulled a chevy plow truck out of a driveway he got stuck in during last year's blizzard. Can't blame the truck as much as the guy using it... He had thick heavy snow, and a driveway that starts downhill at a descent pitch before flattening out. Well, he tried to plow the enitre depth going downhill, thinking momentum & the incline would get him to the flat. The weight of the snow in front of the plow stopped him, and he couldn't reverse up the hill either.

The poor guy was frantically waving his arms at the street, trying to get anyone he could to stop & help. Myself and another Ford Super Duty stopped at about the same time. I had an emergency towing strap with me, so I did the deed. 4x4 Low, and a good steady pace with my rear tires on the downhill driveway & front tires on the street. Yanked him out like a sack of potatoes. My little brother was riding shotgun at the time, and got a kick out it. A few motorists that were driving by were treated to the show as well -- they had to stop so I could take over the road while dragging him out of the driveway.

The guy tried offering me a few bucks, but I refused. Even gave him my cell phone # in case he got stuck again (I live 2 minutes away from the scene). A while later I was driving past that house, and stopped to check up on him. You have to feel sorry for those Chevy guys -- they're just not as smart as the rest of us. The best part was when he tried to tie off the towing strap to his bumper. I suggested he attach to the frame instead as I didn't feel like ripping the bumper off his truck and having it bunjee into my tailgate. "You don't think the bumper can handle the pull?" was his reply... Those Chevy guys never learn.

Last edited by haroutd; 09-17-2003 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-17-2003, 06:49 PM
cow_boy104
Senior User

Originally posted by Texan1983
I've been in the same area where he got stuck, and had no problems. I'm use to driving in the sorft dirt, and know what to do, and what not to do. I thought he knew the same.

The first time I had to use 4wd, cause ya, I would have sunk in as well. The second time, I don't even know how he got stuck. But I didn't even spin the tires pulling him out.

Old 09-18-2003, 11:46 AM
shfd739
Freshman User

Yeah it is nice to pull others out with a ford.I was at my fiance's family reunion in Haskell,TX a few weeks ago and it rained for the first time in 2 months,camp wass flooded and the 1 mile road in was passable to 4wd only.We pulled out only chevys with her sisters boyfirends F150.2 Z71s got stuck,1 eneded up with body damage from a tree and an F250 loaded with a 4wheeler and hunting gear and 4 people drove past them like it was nothing on stock fstones stelltexs.It was great.

Old 09-18-2003, 03:29 PM
GeoQwest
Senior User

2 trucks with the same tires, same axle and tranny ratios, same weight, same power are...guess what...the SAME. That is, if you are a patch of dirt.

The bottom line is that smart guys who know how to drive buy Fords. Guys who are dumb enough to drive 2 wheel drive trucks into mudholes, twice, drive...you guessed it...Chevies.

Old 09-18-2003, 03:38 PM
Texan1983
Posting Guru

ok now that tops it, that is the most ridiculous comment! are you kidding?! "smart guys drive fords and dumb guys drive Chevys?"

that kind of comment makes me think that you drive a chevy according to your theory.

Old 09-18-2003, 07:04 PM
GeoQwest
Senior User

Aw fergunessakes Texan!...where's your sense of yuk yuk

In the age old Ford/Chev rivalry, it's almost blasphemy not to take a poke at Chevies in a Ford Forum!

The main point of my comment was that somebody might not be the brightest bulb on the tree if you drive your 4x2 into the same slippery bit twice.

The long and the short of it is that trucks are so much metal, glass, wire and rubber. Each make is bolted together slightly differently and folk stick bobbles and bangles on them for bragging rights to say that there's is bigger an' badder than the other guy's. With all the really important stuff in life, does it really amount to much?

Ford - Chevy, 4x2 - 4x4, Budweiser - Shlitz...without a sense of Haha life gets a bit short.

So let's keep pulling Chevies out of holes and have a Bud with the guy afterward!

Cheers,
GeoQwest

Old 09-18-2003, 07:09 PM
Texan1983
Posting Guru

ah what the hell beer is always good, i can go with that.

Quick Reply: Love pulling out Stuck Chevys!