General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Was I out of line? Does this seem unrealistic?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 07:30 PM
jwtaylor
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought I would ask around. Well I am a fan of the usual automotive line up on saturdays (especially truckstv, duh) as well as many of you guys and girls. I couldn't figure out why all of a sudden they ran reruns over and over again. So I e-mailed them. actual e-mail

I have noticed there have been a lot of rerun re-runs and took a look at your scheduling on the internet. I cannot say I am excited to see any episodes if it is correct. After the first time or two it gets old watching the same thing over and over and besided I would like to see, as well as others, the completing of copperhead if not just something new all together. I enjoy the show being a truck owner but can't stress enough how watching something again and again gets old, especially if I don't get to see the end of a project or in this case two projects (copperhead and crazy horse). Just e-mail me and tell me the scheduling was incorrect and new episodes are coming soon. Thank you for your time

Actual reply

This is their actual response

*****, we can tell you this: No television production company produces 52 episodes a year. And any frame up restification can take years to complete. We appreciate your patience as we not only build trucks, but also produce a television show at the same time. Unfortunately, re-runs are a necessary evil. If we could bring you a new episode 52 times a year we would…but it’s an impossibility.

Thanks for watching.

TRUCKS STAFF.

I get what they are saying but man they got copperhead and crazy horse almost buttoned up and well I guess it will be next spring before we get to see the final product. Couldn't they have instead of jumping around finished one project instead of leaving everyone in the dark on two projects, they were so close?

This isn't really a complaint I am just one of those people who have to see something finished or it drives them crazy,and they were so close on both projects, I think I will live tho. Any thoughts other than, man your crazy? Later

Old 09-15-2003, 07:37 PM
pfogle
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this drives me nuts too. They spend 16 hours taping and then edit to 30 minutes.

Old 09-15-2003, 07:41 PM
jskufan
Posting Guru

It's a psychological plan to assure that you'll be glued to your TV set when spring rolls around. Just like "to be continued..."

Old 09-15-2003, 10:15 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

AHHHH! So they haven't finished Crazyhorse yet. Thats the early Bronco right? Man, I love the early Broncos and have owned two.. a 66 with 289 and a 73 with a 302. Put a truck 4speed in them and they are virtually go anywhere. At least to me.. I was never into seeing how stuck I could try to get it in mud. All my vehicles have been daily drivers.

In any case..I do want to see the end of Crazyhorse. And yes, the programming has driven me nuts too.

Old 09-15-2003, 11:09 PM
shift_this
New User

i want to see crazy horse done my brother has a 69 bronco 302 4 inch lift and i have a 91 and a 82 man i cant wait tell they get that thing done i wanna see it do its job

Old 09-16-2003, 01:45 AM
dono
Gone but not forgotten.
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I watch the show and think how great it would be to have a shop like that, a bottomless budget, the best parts that drop right in and always fit, and never saying S---! at least twice for every one I install.
Dono

Old 09-16-2003, 02:11 AM
christop43
Posting Guru

Me too dono, but that is one cool Bronco!

Old 09-16-2003, 07:58 AM
jwtaylor
Postmaster

That is kinda what I was hinting at you can't tell me that it takes more than a year to bolt a truck up especially when all the parts are new and ready to go. I do understand new parts don't always fit but come on. Stop dragging it out, I want to see that 572 roast those tires. Later

Old 09-16-2003, 10:22 AM
shorebird
Hotshot
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey do you work 52 weeks a year? Maybe other people need a vacation. Better a rerun of Trucks than AN original Martha Stewart.

Old 09-16-2003, 11:09 AM
jwtaylor
Postmaster

I believe in total most people work an average of what 50 so I will allow the 2 weeks off for vacation and holidays, get back to work.

I believe it seems they only aired what less than 6 months new stuff so they could have added two more weeks to finish one of them up. I said get back to work. ha ha. Later

Old 09-16-2003, 12:40 PM
mackinwagon95
New User

yeah crazyhorse is awesome, did anyone see the custom gibson guitar. Probably cause that one might have been on more then the others

Old 09-16-2003, 05:23 PM
TheWiz427
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you think that waiting on the finishing of Crazy Horse or Copperhead is hard , I'm still waiting to see Hairy Hauler get finished.

Old 09-16-2003, 06:39 PM
willowbilly3
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There is no reason they couldn't air at least 40 or so episodes per year. They only need about 20 minutes of show to make a 30 minute spot. I would think if they organized it right they could shoot 8 shows a week which would mean a five week shooting time and another few weeks to organize the projects and set everything up. Hollywood had just got used to working a few months out of the year and that is business as usual to them. I realize that many of the people do other things during the shows off season, but whats the point. Why not just keep doing the same thing and do more of it.

Old 09-16-2003, 06:51 PM
jwtaylor
Postmaster

Willowbilly3 I could not agree with you more.

Old 09-16-2003, 08:18 PM
Twinbulls
Senior User

I am sure that the trucks are finished and the video is in the can..
They just do what every other show does. drag it out!!!
They have budgets and time frames and advertisers that want to get there moneys worth.

I also cant wait to see them....

JMHO

twinbulls

Quick Reply: Was I out of line? Does this seem unrealistic?