1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

New Location for Supernats???

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 03:53 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts

Truckfarmer told me the Supernats was moving to Knoxville, TN next year. Anyone know specifically where, or any other details? The family's not going to care for this one if it's true.

Old 09-14-2003, 07:04 PM
PJS55
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

O no. We'll have to find another hotel. I was getting really comfortable at the Parkview, enjoying the cruise each night. This year was certainly overflowing with trucks but I think this year was an anomally. Although, even last year it was pretty full. I enjoy this PF venue for the cruise night but somewhere else that's larger might be appropriate. I too, do want to find out where it will be.

BTW, how was the dash to the dells.

Last edited by PJS55; 09-14-2003 at 07:21 PM.
Old 09-14-2003, 07:10 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 835 Likes on 473 Posts

If its going to move it should go to the Lowes motor speedway in N. Carolina. Plenty of room there for the show, venders and activities. I will not be taking a truck to Pigeo Forge as there is not enough room to enjoy and see the trucks. Just my 2 cents!

Kevin

Old 09-14-2003, 07:21 PM
mr4speedford
Posting Guru

I just hope they move it to a large area. Isn't there a mall parking lot or something of extreme size? The lowes motor speedway would be freaking awsome but highly unlikely. Can you see 1500+ F-100's go around the track? I hope that my First supernats will be extra sweet! -4speed(bigwin, You got a trailer? I got a 292 torque monster waiting to haul a 56 around!)

Old 09-14-2003, 07:35 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend

John

Dash to the Dells was as good as it could be. It rained every second I was there. It was predicted to do just that all week but the trucks showed up anyways. I have been there only twice and the weather was identical last year and this. I got a few PICs but not many.

Spent a bit of time with Truckfarmer and Pfief55??? (Dick). Greg made the best of the situation by entertaining the kids. I'm sure he'll come here and deny it but I suspect he is one of the reasons the Dash is a great event. It appears he puts in a lot of effort. They set up a Hot Wheels track under the canopy and the kids had a blast. I finally got my eyes on a Valve Cover racer. I'll be building one for next year. Kind of like Pine Wood Derby for big kids. Two consecutice rainouts for this event.

Old 09-14-2003, 08:16 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

People have been saying it will move for years and for years Pat Ford has said it wouldn't. A couple of years ago he said he signed another 5 (4?) year contract for the same location.

Old 09-14-2003, 08:24 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend

I hope you are right Ken. When show trucks are parked a half mile from the Grand, there ain't no doubt that the event has outgrown the facility. But how do you replace the whole PF atmosphere? As much as I hate traffic, it was worth it to watch a nightly cruise of classic trucks and cars.

Old 09-14-2003, 09:43 PM
Jet Jock
Elder User

Sorry Guys

Follow the link. SuperNats at Pigeon Forge next year. Already booking rooms. I got in at the James Manor with a balcony overlooking the parade route for 85 per night with a pool.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php

Bill

Old 09-14-2003, 09:47 PM
Jet Jock
Elder User

Sorry

This is the right link www.f100supernationals.com

Bill

Old 09-14-2003, 10:18 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend

Double Post

Old 09-14-2003, 10:18 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend

Originally posted by Jet Jock
Sorry

This is the right link www.f100supernationals.com

Bill
Bill

That link lists the 2004 location as East Tennessee. That would definitely fuel rumors and give one the impression a promoter may be shopping. Do you have a link that lists PF as the site? Oh well, I'm sure they'll clear it up soon enough.

Old 09-15-2003, 05:10 AM
tacson
Cargo Master

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts

Guys,

Reliable sources have confirmed that the show will be in Knoxville next May. The show will be at Chilhowee Park where the Street Rod Nationals is held the first weekend in May every year. This venue will hold 3200 cars. The location will be good for holding trucks but it will lose some of the show luster because P-Forge is 35-40 minutes away. Hotels are scattered about. I plan to stay in North K-town off of I-75 at Merchants Road. It is about a 10 minute drive. I lived in K-town from 95' to 2000'. From a truck parking and vendor perspective because many of the street rod vendors will probably leave their trailers and return the following week it will be good. Now from a family perspective in the words of BB King "The Thrill is gone" probably.

Later

Old 09-15-2003, 08:23 AM
Jet Jock
Elder User

'fenders

You might be right, but if you look at the registration form it says you will hold harmless Pat, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, and the Grand Hotel.

I would place my money on the lawyers, they are always right and if they are not, they change the rules.

As always the humble 302 driver

Bill

Old 09-15-2003, 10:24 AM
truckfarmer
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

personally I hope it stays at PF but moves from the Grand. I am tired of being gouged by the Grand and not having enough room for all the trucks. We stay at the Grand and can't get our trucks in the lot. PF hosts a streetrod event at some park there everyyear. I am told about 5000 streetrods. Move the show to there and let everybody get there own motel. By moving from the Grand, I hope the show will double in size. You won't have to get there on Monday to get a parking spot if they move to a larger venue. Granted, the convention building will be missed though.

Old 09-15-2003, 05:36 PM
PJS55
Senior User

The registration page lists Pigeon Forge as the 2004 site. Everyone is right. There are pros and cons. Not enough room but a very comfortable atmosphere and lots enough readily at hand to occupy the rest of the crew while we look at old trucks of all kinds. I'm comfortable at the Parkview sitting on the front lawn each cruise night and walking down to the show each day. I guarantee you that I will adapt to a new site if it should happen.

Quick Reply: New Location for Supernats???