Something Strange Happening in AZ

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 04:16 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Something Strange Happening in AZ

It's RAINING!!!! First time in a while for this to happen,
Come on Wildflowers..... My Bees are Hungry.

Old 12-01-2007, 05:06 AM
racoonbandit
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It sure is nice !!! Now I dont have to wash my truck..

Old 12-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
OK you mentioned your Truck so.... I went to check out your Galleries. Very Nice Job! Your from the Valley?, In the time you have been a member Has anyone tried to have a Gathering? I am trying to plan somthing in the spring, we have talked about the camp verde area, Intrested?

Old 12-07-2007, 10:56 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We had a real hard down pour this afternoon. Channel 3 in Phoenix said .47 of an inch. But I know it was way more than that. Silver Creek Rd was like a river from the Parkway on down. Didn't see any washouts. By the hospital on Silver Creek there were places that the water was 2" or 3" deep coming across the road.

Old 12-08-2007, 09:44 AM
Bill W
Hotshot
Nice Showers here all night long. We need the rain but..... It canceled my exterior Paint work, I'm Glad to have lots of work and a few Interior jobs that I can start next week. My Small buisness is Going Great, usually It's slow this time of year But not for the last 3 to 4 years, Getting better every year. I could Grow it some, but finding Good help is always hard and I am picky bout the Quality that the guys produce
With references like I have, The skys the Limmit I will be starting a Web Page this year.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:03 PM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
well over a foot of snow at my place in Flagstaff!!!! wooo hooooo

Old 12-11-2007, 05:37 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
Time to Wax them Skies up and Get ready. Most Places will be Open tomorrow, Any one up for Ditching work and Heading up the Hill. lol

Old 12-11-2007, 05:51 PM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
haha unfortunately I'll be on the train headed home tomorrow! Snowbowl opens up Thursday morning.....as of monday afternoon they reported a 47" base! And it snowed a bunnnnch last night! Wax up the skis and snowboards kiddies

Old 12-11-2007, 07:49 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Bill W
Nice Showers here all night long. We need the rain but..... It canceled my exterior Paint work, I'm Glad to have lots of work and a few Interior jobs that I can start next week. My Small buisness is Going Great, usually It's slow this time of year But not for the last 3 to 4 years, Getting better every year. I could Grow it some, but finding Good help is always hard and I am picky bout the Quality that the guys produce
With references like I have, The skys the Limmit I will be starting a Web Page this year.
Bill,
I ran a small construction business for years. I never hired help. I stayed on that verge of should I expand or not. All the guys I knew & trusted advised me to just keep it simple, & to not start hiring help. With help it takes the Companies best employee off the job full-time. The best employee is you. With all the workmens comp laws, taxes, unemployment crap, & on & on.
One of my mentors owned a very successful construction business, he was making $75,000/yr net in the 1980s & early 90s. In a town of 4,000 people. I was the only guy that worked for him in the 15 years he was in business in that town. I was an outside contractor. He & I were very close personal friends also. So he didn't have to worry about me. But I only worked with him on any job. He never collected a dime from a customer until the job was complete. He would get a half a dozen remodels going and work at all of them. But no one would complain we weren't getting it done quick enough because they hadn't paid a dime for anything. He was the only contractor in a 100 mile radius with a million dollar bond. So he got all the State & County work. Even McDonald's hired him to frame a new store for them.
So keep it simple, Bill.
Craig

Old 12-11-2007, 11:53 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
Kermmydog, I do respect those who have been there, done that, Before I.... But I am ready to go on Rosie on the house Network and on my local news chanel webpage link thingy, I have been Painting all my life 25+ years and self Employed for 15 + of them years. Licensed Bonded and Insured by the State of AZ sence 1993 I have ran 2 to 4 guys for the last 3-4 years and worked right along with them every day! But all the heavy lifting of ladders and such has got me on the verge of shoulder surgery so I gotta do somthing man, If I keep working I'll be laid up for sure! I have worked for the Mayor and President of the UofA Mr. and Mrs.Shelton along with so many other Great people "clients" I am just delaying things by waiting any longer I have to move now while things are good and I have the workload to support 4-6 guys I just cant seem to find the right one's My biz is set up Payroll, workmans comp, Insurance, etc etc.... Now to find some good painters, thats the Problem!!! I can only do so much anymore and thats a problem too.

Old 12-15-2007, 09:20 PM
Aztrainer
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kermmydog
He would get a half a dozen remodels going and work at all of them. But no one would complain we weren't getting it done quick enough because they hadn't paid a dime for anything.
And the fact that these were probably people that appreciated good workmanship over the get it up now mentality that too many people have these days and ages….

My background was a small family business and I can state that all of our problems came from outside employees that just viewed it as a job. I started to work for my parents at 12 and was fixing air ride seats by 15. I could turn around a seat in under an hour where it would take the normal guy half a day. Since I was in school I was only there after school and the summer and one company would wait until I was on to bring in their seats as I would normally have the quote to them before their driver got back to their yard. The bigger the company the bigger the headaches and more to watch out for from you employees. IMHO