Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-11-2003, 05:29 PM
Elder User

1999XLT is starting off with a positive reputation.
Lightning ???s From An Expedition Owner.......

I posted this in the Expedition forum as well but since Expy owners might not be too familiar with the Lightning I figured I would ask here as well......
I have been searching for info on building a 5.4L motor, AND I have found ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!!!! So rather than attempt to build one with no experience building motors I figured I would try another approach.............So now onto my next option..........
Will a Lightning setup fit in an Expy? I am not in any rush I do not need it right now I am just thinking in the future when my current motor goes KAPUT........
Other than the computer, If I got a complete motor, can I just bolt it in? If not what would I need to make this happen???
Does anyone know of anyone who did this or have you ever heard of this being done? I can't be the only person that has thought of trying this!!!
Do they have the same mounting points? Is the height clearance good for the Expedition?
Any Transmission issues I should be aware of?? Planning on a rebuild before I do this.......

Lets here everyones input...BEFORE I START.... I want to know the feasibility of this..........

Thanks Folks..............................

WHERE'S MATT...................
Old 09-11-2003, 07:30 PM
New User

Marks01L is starting off with a positive reputation.
Lightning ???s From An Expedition Owner.......

Ford has done this themselves so I don't believe it is a big problem to get it to fit or work. However......... I think that you probably should also have the transmission out of a Lightning as it is a heavier duty unit than you have in your Expy. It is a beefed up 4R100 that has many components that they use with the Powerstroke Diesel. By the way, I love my Lightning. It really is quite an impressive piece of machinery!!!!
Old 03-07-2004, 04:00 AM
New User

Madferraristi is starting off with a positive reputation.
If you are still looking at doing this, you can buy a take-off supercharger with intercooler, etc and an installation kit, both on e-bay.

go to-
http://mpf-search.ebay.com/search/se...h&BasicSearch=
Old 03-07-2004, 04:00 AM