1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

car show

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 09:58 PM
anderson sc
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
car show

Went to Lowes speedway car show in NC other week. have to say, a lot of ford truck's there. They all were nice, the blue one down by the front seats he had his truck since high school. Did not take any more pictures of trucks, they have another show in the spring in which is bigger, I'll get some pictures for you all. Plan to take my truck to Daytona speedway next fall (The Trukey Run).That to is a nice show to go to. The car's are in the center of the track too.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:59 PM
anderson sc
Senior User
Old 09-25-2009, 04:37 AM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Wow, The show appears to be way off, I thought both the spring and fall shows overflowed the racetrack into the parking lot.

John

Old 09-25-2009, 08:23 PM
anderson sc
Senior User
The car clubs were out side the track. The car coral you see went down along the front, most of the cars you don,t see in pictures are to the right. Took picture of my wife over looking car show. Remove her from the picture. Thats why you don,t see more of the show. But the past year all car shows are a lot smaller to to hard time's, people not travleing as much. The vendar are haveing a hard time no one been buying. I found in very good shape SC 68 tag for $15.00. Always seem to bring home something. The biggest thing there, seem to be lot more people trying to sale there stuff.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:05 PM
70_RangerXLT
Senior User
That's pretty much what I saw at the spring show at CMS.

Old 09-26-2009, 04:54 AM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
It has been a few years, but the last time I was there, you couldn't find that much open space at the mall over at exit 49. It was wall to wall inside. I didn't like it because it was so big, it was overwhelming.

I had parts for sale, priced to move and them bubbas wanted to tell me how cheep someone else had it for 5 rows over and 2 fields back.

John

Old 09-26-2009, 08:43 PM
anderson sc
Senior User
Not a good time to sale these day's. Getting to wander if it's going to get better any time soon. The folks who have lived conserative not haveing as hard as others are.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Redcat Diesel
Posting Guru
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
That looks to be some show. I've never been to one that big. The one's around here are a lot smaller but like the big shows there are a lot of things for sale.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:19 PM
anderson sc
Senior User
Small or large alway's a good group of people everyone easy to talk too. We all have or seen a complete restored truck. I like to see some of the custom work done. There was also tractor's there. Seen the same model and year my grandpa had, my first ride. At my surprice I could remember where I would hold on for dear life. Back in the day even before putting wood block's on tractor pedles.