2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my FX4 on Friday - First Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 12:45 AM
Mr_Griff
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After a couple month wait, my 04 FX4 came in last Friday. The thing I noticed off the bat is that the box on these trucks is huge. In fact you can't see a car parked directly behind you. Also noticed that the box shakes around a lot, at least more than it seems like it should. It could be that I am just use to the 93 Ranger I previously owned. I went with the standard radio/cd player because I mostly just listen to the radio anyway. But it seems quite cheap, from the ***** to the display. Functions fine, just expected more. I'll probably go with an after market one now. Last complaint is the speedometer. The numbers are so close together that it's hard to tell how fast you are going.

I know it sounds like I am bitching a lot, but those are minor complaints really. This truck is just plain sweet. It drives great, really quite smooth ride. The center console with floor shifter looks great.

Old 09-08-2003, 04:17 PM
ford6
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! Mine is supposed to be built today. Hopefully I'll have it in a couple of weeks. I ordered the 6 cd in dash. I can't wait.