Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Arizona Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-28-2003, 02:08 PM
FTE *******

Overkill is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
25 inchs lift kit

Silver,

I never received your e-mail. Anyhow, no problem lifting the dually. But here is the tough question..... What tires do you plan on running under this lift? Being a dually you are limited on what you can do without relocating your rear springs, narrowing the rear axle, and resorting to custom built wheels all of which gets very expensive. If your truck was a SRW just about anything goes, but a dually is a whole different story. For this reason we generally stick to 37-38s with 8" lifts on these. But anything is possible.

FWIW, I plan on selling the entire drive train out from under my X (only 20" lift) soon. This includes springs, hangers, shocks, gusseted axles with 5.13 gears, drive shafts, crossover steering, wheels, tires, etc.. I'd make you a hell of a package deal.
Old 07-30-2003, 10:45 AM
FTE *******

25 inchs lift kit

Quote:
Originally posted by cwb
O-kill, I am almost afraid to ask but what will you be replacing your suspension with?
Abendix came through with a sweet deal I couldn't pass up (Sorry, Donahoe). I was hesitant at first but when someone offers you their ASS for free, well you know....

Parts list:

Front
ASS 36" Spring Hangers
ASS 36" Cast Aluminum Blocks
ASS 24" Drag Link Adjuster Sleeve
ASS 2" Add-a-Leaf
ASS 72" Lengthened Sway Bar Links
ASS Quad CV ABS Plastic Front Driveline w/Carrier Bearing
ASS Air Assist Steering (Dual Opposing Air Bags)
ASS 48" Travel Pogo Shocks (6 per corner)
ASS OE Brake Line Relocation Kit

Rear
ASS 28" Coil Sprung Spring Hangers (6" travel)
ASS 36" Cast Aluminum Blocks
ASS Overload Springs (12)
ASS Right Angle Drive Dual CV Rear Driveline (Prototype)
ASS 96" Hinged (Scissor Type) Traction Bars
ASS 48" Travel Pogo Shocks (4 per corner)
ASS OE Brake Line Relocation Kit

The only details left to work out are how to mount the 74" DOT approved Michelin tires and we are still trying to get Weld to give us a break on the 32x36 aluminum wheels (with simulated beadlocks).

BTW, great thread. Thanks Silver!

Last edited by Overkill; 07-30-2003 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-30-2003, 01:28 PM
FTE *******

25 inchs lift kit

ROLFL!! Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Old 07-30-2003, 01:28 PM

Closed Thread

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Arizona Chapter

Tags
lift, mcallen, texas, truck