S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Drivers license for illegals

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 07:22 AM
DailyDriver
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Greywolf
Evidently there are check points in place where the Mexican government is looking specifically for people who appear to be from questionable parts of the world, and checking them out thoroughly...
Our government should be so efficient.

As for as having an SSN for abtaining a dirvers license, I believe all one needs to have without an SSN is a tax identification number or something to that effect. I'll have to go back and research that one.

But hopefuly it reach that point. Senator McClintock I believe is heading up a referendum to killl it. Are new governor elect is also against the idea.

Old 12-09-2003, 02:35 PM
Gulf001
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THANK YOU ARNOLD!!!!!!! Finally someone with common sense is taking action!

Time to clean house with the rest of the state!
C

Old 06-20-2004, 08:17 PM
bullwienkle
New User
Hey I love this.They don't need a drivers license they should'nt be driving the bus that takes them home!

Old 06-21-2004, 11:51 AM
jimandmandy
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
WARNING! This issue is alive and well again. The state senate is busy will another bill to legalize drivers licenses for illegals. Arnold, get that veto pen ready.

Jim

Old 06-21-2004, 04:18 PM
91redfordjunker
New User
drivers license for illegals? not on my watch!!

wake up america, get your mind out your wallet and your head out of your ***! go ahead delete this msg if you want . ( typical when the truth comes from someone not afraid to say it)

Old 06-22-2004, 01:21 PM
MuscleMachine
Freshman User
The whole thing is a circus act.
The original intent was to allow working people to get to work; to get people to buy insurance; to get people to register vehicles; to ensure safe roads, etc.

While not everyone opposed is racist, it sure seems that way. Anyway, many of you will be happy to know that there have been recent INS raids in Southern California. They have been visiting neighborhoods where there is a large hispanic population. Gee, I wonder where all the data came from?

Old 06-22-2004, 07:09 PM
bullwienkle
New User
Thumbs up Illegals

I would say it's about time the INS does there job! There about two million behind.I like the Mexican people and don't blame them,but what was it about illegal you don't under stand. It also shouldn't be on my back. Wake up and let your voice be herd!

Old 06-23-2004, 12:30 AM
plilikoi
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Davescrew
Don't you have to be a legal US citizen to get a social security card?
No. You just need a visa that allows you to work in the USA.

Old 06-23-2004, 01:25 PM
MuscleMachine
Freshman User
Originally Posted by bullwienkle
I would say it's about time the INS does there job! There about two million behind.I like the Mexican people and don't blame them,but what was it about illegal you don't under stand. It also shouldn't be on my back. Wake up and let your voice be herd!
It's about being undocumented not illegal.
Speeding is illegal.

You're right though, my taxes should not have to go to support non-citizens.
Allowing them to obtain licenses will help generate some income for the state, as will vehicle registration.
It may also help reduce vehicle insurance cost by allowing them to insure - you cannot insure a vehicle with out a registration or drivers license.

Old 06-26-2004, 08:20 AM
4byford
Senior User
Illegal aliens should live in fear in this country. They should not be able to protest INS raids in the streets of a country that provides them services and seriously considers giving them the rights that real citizens enjoy: i.e. drivers licenses. It is a travesty that they step in front of the line of all who go through the immigration process legally and properly, and earn the rights of a citizen of the United States. I applaud and welcome all who come here to share the American dream from any place, of any race- as long as they do it in accordance with the law.

My firearms are undocumented, any person who is in this country without permission is ILLEGAL.

Old 06-30-2004, 08:03 AM
MuscleMachine
Freshman User
Originally Posted by 4byford
My firearms are undocumented, any person who is in this country without permission is ILLEGAL.

Not the same thing.

Old 06-30-2004, 10:22 PM
4byford
Senior User
You are right, it isn't the same thing. "Undocumented immigrants" is a PC way to say Illegal aliens; the second is more accurate and reminds us that these people are criminals and are breaking federal law.

Old 07-01-2004, 02:31 AM
MuscleMachine
Freshman User
So why not attack all persons that speed; fail to signal their intentions; do not make complete stops; jay walk; etc with the same passion?
Why are weapons unregistered? What purpose does it serve? Only "criminals" need undocumented guns.

Old 07-01-2004, 05:59 AM
4byford
Senior User
Jaywalking etc. hasn't reached the epidemic proportions that illegal immigration has; but I think a crackdown on crappy driving is a good idea also.
We could start with illegal aliens without licenses or insurance who speed and don't signal!
The collective cost of illegal immigration is enormous to society in both financial and quality of life terms.
There is no legitimate reason to register firearms; the presumption being that lawful owners are law abiding. Criminals won't register them anyway, as you point out.

Old 07-02-2004, 08:37 AM
MuscleMachine
Freshman User
Thanks for being cordial.
You have great and valid points. I'm pretty sure we can go on for days.

Let's just see what happens.

Quick Reply: Drivers license for illegals