Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > New Hampshire Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2003, 08:15 PM
Posting Guru

Steve_Uzi is starting off with a positive reputation.
Any Quality Tranny Shops in MASS?

Guys, looks like my Xfer case is junk.. and I need it rebuilt next week.. sooner the better...

Any good shops near boston ?
Old 09-06-2003, 08:37 AM
Freshman User

jayrus is starting off with a positive reputation.

I could do it for you at my shop,but I live in Taunton.If you don't mind the drive,I can do it cheap.Let me know.
Old 09-24-2003, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

WhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant future

I have a B&M transpak thats sitting in my garage waiting to be installed in my 96 E4OD. Anyone know of any reputable shops in the the state? I can travel if I know its going to be done right! Thanks

Rich
"The next time some actor or rock star tells you what to think, tell them to **** off." - Dennis DeYoung
Old 09-24-2003, 07:16 PM
Posting Guru

Steve_Uzi is starting off with a positive reputation.

I know of two shops... I wound up going with Northeast Automatic for my xfer case rebuild

Northeast Transmission Co
123 Princeton St, North Chelmsford, MA (978) 251-1666

He just rebuilt my NP-208 Xfer case! nice job - good timing and decent price all things considered.

Competition Gear
11 Waltham St, Maynard, MA (978) 897-7770

Longer wait 1 man shop - Bill - He rebuilt my 1970 F-100 2wd C-6 back in 1992 - the tranny was still going strong in 2002 before the truck blew a brake line.. I abused that truck and used to do burn outs on a regular basis (my buddy worked a tire shop so 235/75 R15's were abundtant to smoke off..) He also built my C-6 4wd that is currently in my 1984 Bronco w/460. Good shop.... just not the quickest turn around... so if you can wait.. its worth it...

Thats my $0.02
Old 10-14-2003, 09:34 AM
New User

BCClements is starting off with a positive reputation.
Tranny Shops

I had a good experience with Hydramatic Sales in Somerville with my 97 F150
got prices from others at $1800 to $2300 for tranny rebuild and new torque converter. They did the job for $1300.. with a 12 month 12000 mile warranty...
I put another 60,000 miles on it for a total of 158,000 and sold the truck with no problems...driving a 2004 f150 Lariat now.
Old 10-14-2003, 09:34 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > New Hampshire Chapter

Tags
02346, area, quality, shops, tranny