1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

84 F-250 "Revzilla"

Old 03-20-2017, 10:18 AM
Brandon_scott
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
84 F-250 "Revzilla"

Hey fellow Ford enthusiasts, I picked up this bullnose F-250 351 Windsor V8 for 1700 dollars 143xxx miles. 2 barrel motor craft carb burns a little rich with brand new tires (it looks like) the exhausts were hanging down but I tacked them back up, passenger shock mount is busted I need to do that next, front fuel tank is de hosed and one strap is missing, from the nozzle insert to the tank it's cut off with a grind it looks like.. inside cosmetics are rough and has no speakers all ripped out no stereo, cold A/C and warm heater. Power steering motor makes noise and was flowing out from hose pressure fitting but I fixed that, driver side signal grill/trim& signal light need to be replaced, tailgate didn't work fixed it, valve covers leak.. little rusty few cracks in the bed.. it needs new window seals, and middle piece of rear sliding window.this is my first forum and I wanted to get the hang of it!

everything I've done to it so far-
- new oil and oil filter 5w30 wix oil filter
-wix in line fuel filter and new fuel line installed (keep getting the wrong carb fuel filter from oreillys)
-New gates A/C belt
-new power steering cooling/pressure hose
-greased all grease nipples
-fixed the tailgate
-new spark plugs and wires OEM motor craft copper tip
-will post more pics!
- tips, and 2nd opinions more than welcome!

Last edited by Brandon_scott; 03-20-2017 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Accidentally clicked go
Old 03-20-2017, 10:58 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Brandon - Welcome to FTE! That's a good looking truck. Love the wheels!

Where's home?

Edit: We need to "average" our hoods. Mine is low in the center and yours is high. Seriously though, check the hinges and springs on yours. What bends the hood is usually springs or hinges that are binding, and a little lube makes a huge difference.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:01 AM
1986F150six
Lead Driver
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Brandon scott! You will have fun with your "new" truck!

Old 03-20-2017, 06:12 PM
ArdWrknTrk
pedant

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
That's a nice looking truck!

Welcome to the forum.

Old 03-31-2017, 02:48 PM
Brandon_scott
New User

I did my weld last weekend for my passenger shock mount, not pretty but a week later it still sits, gonna grind it and weld it again to reinforce it use MIG
I received my valve cover gaskets and PCV valve!
Speaking of which I have a hose from my pcv going to my.. carberetur housung?.. and I have a hole in my air cleaner housing that seems like a hose from the pcv is suppose to go there.. I put a K&N open breather on my driver side but the hole on the air filter housing caught me funny..
thanks for the warm welcome I'm in Las Cruces New Mexico

Old 03-31-2017, 02:50 PM
Brandon_scott
New User
I'll post under the hood picture when I get back to my house

Old 03-31-2017, 03:51 PM
ArdWrknTrk
pedant

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
PCV goes to the EGR plate under the carb.
The breather filter resides inside the drivers side of the air cleaner housing.(You can put a rubber plug in the hole if you have a filter stuck in the valve cover)

Old 03-31-2017, 04:26 PM
WhatsAChevy?
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to FTE Bullnose !!

Sharp truck and given it's moniker, your a ZZ Top fan, or just the Zilla part ?
Kudos for going Motorcraft !

Old 03-31-2017, 05:43 PM
Franklin2
Received 1,654 Likes on 1,337 Posts
I would take the shock loose before I did any more welding. When you get it hot you will ruin the rubber bushing in the lower part of the shock. It may have been hurt already but it might be ok.

Something important when mig welding; Grind the metal shiny before starting. That little bit of rust and grime will mess up your weld. A wire wheel on the end of a drill will quickly shine it up so it welds better.

Old 04-01-2017, 12:13 PM
Brandon_scott
New User
@Franklin thanks for the tip on the rubber bushing for the shock mount, I didn't realize but that makes sense, once I have the funds I need new shocks, rubber bushings, sway bars while 9 yards all around it's an old rusty truck but I'm gonna polish this turd!! Haha
by open breather on the driver side is plugged on the air cleaner housing however there is another open ending for a hose for the passenger side and I can't decided weather I should plug that one up to or if a hose is suppose to go there too?.. I'm about to do my valves so I'll post some pics, thanks guys again stay tuned!

Old 04-01-2017, 02:03 PM
FuzzFace2
Fleet Owner
Received 2,085 Likes on 1,778 Posts
Not seeing pictures and a guess on my part of the holes.
2 should have a little filter and a hose goes from it to a valve cover with a fitting in it, that is how the PCV pulls fresh filtered air into the motor.
The other hole should have a temp a ture sensor to work the valve in the snorkel.
Dave - - - -

Old 04-08-2017, 12:42 PM
Brandon_scott
New User
Hey guys sorry for no pictures at the moment, got my valve covers on and there's no leaks woohoo! Now that I sealed that leak, all the pressure release is going to another leak that I suspect is my oil pan.. so I got a rundown of all the parts I need to order it and a buddy of mine is going to let me use his 2 ton engine hoist... now for the other issue, on my drivers side I pinched a wire while doing my valve covers and I'm pretty sure it has something to do with my distributor because it's finicky when it wants to start, it will try and eventually it will after I jiggle the wire around a few times... it will also die on me and backfire while it's in gear when I'm rolling when I take it out of gear it won't backfire.. I know what wire is the problem I just need help identifying it and replacing it, it goes to the firewall behind the drivers side valve covers... I'll post pictures later, thanks again!

Old 08-05-2017, 06:54 PM
Brandon Prunier
New User
Alright guys first things first, forgot my login credentials so this is my new account but this is my thread I made! Haha anyways finally found my problem with my notes, I guess my coil had a wire that one hanging on by one wire, so I put a electrical thingy that fit on the connector and got my coil a solid connection, and my 2 barrel motorvation carburator choke was lost so it was flooding, so I fixed that too and it started it up no problem! Put my valve gasket and cover on and it's running great along with the idle! Couldn't be happier, hopefully I'll get better fuel mileage with my carb choke stuck open, I used a spring for that I'll put some pics up.... For now the next part on my list is going to be a fan shroud down here in new Mexico that SOB will definitely over heat....