Originally Posted by Beachums
It should be delivered today

Pics Please!

Old 03-21-2017, 07:18 AM
kevincw
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 Special Edition

Picked mine up Saturday, you are going to love it.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:40 AM
Beachums
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kevincw
Picked mine up Saturday, you are going to love it.
Very nice sir.

Still no word from my dealer where mine is. The COTUS site is mum too.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:51 AM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very nice sir.

That's got to be irritating.....Very nice truck kevincw!

Old 03-21-2017, 08:55 AM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Received 236 Likes on 184 Posts
Very nice sir.

Ahhh the suspense.

Kind of like waiting on a child to be born. lol

Don`t worry, all will be ok soon.

Old 03-21-2017, 03:17 PM
xr7gt390
Cargo Master
Received 56 Likes on 26 Posts
They don't want you using adaptive cruise control with your trailer due to the possibility of unintended hard braking. I've had that happen to me twice in my wife's SRX. It's no big deal when your cruising along. With a trailer in tow it could be disastrous.
I would use the adaptive CC all the time, except when towing. I've never had an issue using standard cruise control when towing.
Where in NW Indiana are you? I'm in Munster.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:01 PM
Beachums
Tuned
Originally Posted by xr7gt390
They don't want you using adaptive cruise control with your trailer due to the possibility of unintended hard braking. I've had that happen to me twice in my wife's SRX. It's no big deal when your cruising along. With a trailer in tow it could be disastrous.
I would use the adaptive CC all the time, except when towing. I've never had an issue using standard cruise control when towing.
I agree, I just didn't think about it before I paid for an al la carte option that wasn't a real necessity. But again, It really isn't a big deal.
I sincerely believe that Ford should clean that page up though. It is misleading.

Where in NW Indiana are you? I'm in Munster.
Portage. I am one of those mill rats.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:49 AM
xr7gt390
Cargo Master
Portage. I am one of those mill rats.
I worked at Inland Steel for a while. Started out on the hot metal benches, then was able to become an electrician while attending Purdue. We were hit with massive layoffs so I went to school full time. After graduation I came back to Inland in process automation. A couple years later they decided to save money and start outsourcing our jobs. That plan didn't work out so well for them. I kind of miss working at the mill.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:44 AM
Beachums
Tuned
I worked at Inland Steel for a while. Started out on the hot metal benches, then was able to become an electrician while attending Purdue. We were hit with massive layoffs so I went to school full time. After graduation I came back to Inland in process automation. A couple years later they decided to save money and start outsourcing our jobs. That plan didn't work out so well for them. I kind of miss working at the mill.
Small world.
I am an MTE (union speak for electrician) out @ Burns Harbor. Most of my work is process automaton. We have automated much of the production now.
The things we do out here are pretty impressive. We still need the same amount of operators to oversee the process. But the machines make it very repeatable. It is a fun job most of the time.
It is dangerous sometimes, and as an Union Electrician, it is a dead end job.
Knowing that the shop I work for is responsible for making the steel for all major automotive manufacturers (including Ford) it pretty neat too.

I enjoy going to work.....most days

Old 03-30-2017, 10:18 PM
Buzzard_Wing
Senior User
First, let me say I was very pleased with the way my 2016 with a 2.7 tows. Other than the small tank gives it a short range while towing. Overall I was very impressed with towing when compared to a Super Duty.
I had an OEM trailer brake installed afterwards. Best to get it from and installed by a dealer, they must 'flash' (program) it to work with all the other trailer options available with the truck. That said, my 2016 manual states "Do not use the system when towing a trailer with aftermarked (sic) trailer brake controls. Aftermarket trailer brakes will not function properly when you switch the system on because the brakes are electronically controlled. Failing to do so may result in loss of vehicle control, which could result in serious injury. "
Surprisingly, you can certainly use a Ford controller with ACC.... I always thought they advised against using cruise with a trailer.
Trust me, you will love that truck!

Old 03-31-2017, 06:08 AM
xr7gt390
Cargo Master
What Super Duty did you have and what do you tow?

Old 08-16-2017, 12:27 PM
Beachums
Tuned
So like a good owner, I have been reading the owner's manual in anticipation of taking delivery of my ordered truck........ forget about that for a sec.

For those that have ordered or shopped around, I am sure many have used the "Build & Price" pages on Ford.com. Many of the options offered have some sort of stock image, graphic or picture to help describe said option.
One such example is the picture shown for the adaptive cruise control. An $1,100 or so option.

I see that and think, wow, that would be a really nice option to have when taking family camping trips yanking the travel trailer down the road.
EXCEPT, the friggin owner's manual states that the trailer brake controller is not part of the adaptive cruise system. Moreover, any trailer equipped with trailer brakes should not be used with adaptive cruise control.

"Do not use adaptive cruise control
when towing a trailer that has trailer
brakes. The auto-brake component
of the adaptive cruise control system does
not operate the trailer brakes. Using
adaptive cruise control when towing a
trailer that has trailer brakes may result in
the loss of vehicle control, which could
result in serious injury."

So I just bought one of the more expensive options that will not work for the reason I intended.

I have half a mind to tell the dealer (even though it is not their fault) that I don't want it now.

That website is downright misleading. I have never seen a tandem axle fully enclosed vee nosed trailer not have trailer brakes. Hell, standard axles that size are almost always rated for at least 3500 lbs. So any trailer that would have two 3500lb axles would clearly be over the 3500 GVWR that pretty much every V5 range trailer manufacturer uses as a threshold for equipping a trailer with brakes.
Pretty much all states require trailer brakes for light duty vehicles towing trailers over 3500lbs.

Someone at Ford needs to correct this misleading information.

So I was watching some of the vids on the '18 MY. One of the people on there stated that the Adaptive CC can be used with the Integrated Trailer Brake Controller. He also stated that Ford had that feature for some time. Out of curiosity I checked Ford's owner's manual PDF and HTML pages today, sure enough, they have changed.
It looks like the IBC is designed to work with ACC.

The new quoted language.
"Do not use the system when towing a trailer with aftermarket trailer brake controls. Aftermarket trailer brakes will not function properly when you switch the system on because the brakes are electronically controlled. Failing to do so may result in loss of vehicle control, which could result in serious injury."

Old 08-16-2017, 12:37 PM
leikos
Senior User
Actually, it looks like the warning was changed in Edition 2 of the '17 manual. I wonder if that means that it was a mistake in Ed. 1 or if they updated the system sometime in 2017. I'd guess that it was a change for the 2017 model year but they forgot to change the warning.

Old 08-25-2017, 05:19 PM
Boiler Guy
New User
You can always switch to standard cruise control when pulling a trailer. After trailering just switch back to adaptive cruise control.

Old 08-29-2017, 10:02 PM
jimmy-six
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I just ordered a 18 Lariat and wanted ACC but it's only with the 502A package and not the 501A which I wanted. I didn't want all the stuff in 502 and it wasn't worth near $5K. I actually wish you could really "get it your way" but we can only get close.