Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help identify this broken front end part for me please.

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 11:41 PM
Nicmike
Veteran/Sheepdog

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts
You can measure the link and then shop for replacements online. They are sold by the length of the link. You need to pick the style - greasable or polymer bushing. If the mount on the frame is busted, I think you can replace those, too.

Old 02-24-2017, 12:11 AM
Bduals207
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wpnaes
Welcome Bduals! You've come to the right forum for lotsa info on your Ex.

Sharing a couple of pics of how that front anti-sway bar attaches on my 2000 - your 2002 looks slightly different.

When off road in the desert twisties, I'll disconnect the front anti-sway bar get my Ex into deeper trouble.

Not a problem to leave it disconnected until you're able to figure out what parts to order. Your end-link might be OK, check the rubber. The part it attached to the frame might be broken; worth a look see.

Also check your bar bushings in case they're disintegrated.

Plenty of how to video's out there...

https://youtu.be/ABwQVOzy6dc

So Its semi safe to run on roads for a week or so? I was on highway today 100 miles no issues.

Old 02-24-2017, 12:13 AM
Bduals207
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Nicmike
You can measure the link and then shop for replacements online. They are sold by the length of the link. You need to pick the style - greasable or polymer bushing. If the mount on the frame is busted, I think you can replace those, too.
All I need is the part that connect that to the frame. You can see well maybe in the picture it literally ripped the top half or bottom half in this case right off the bracket. Idk if it was a bad weld or what but. The frame is fine. The bushing im sure needs replacement but is fine compared to the mount. Thats the issue. I will call superlift tomorrow and go from there. Thanks guys.

Old 02-24-2017, 05:49 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 830 Likes on 570 Posts
As shown in Sean's videos the top sway bar end link typically mounts with its bolt through the bracket (which is bolted to the frame) and then through the frame rail. But on many lifts that little bracket gets removed from its spot inside the frame channel and flipped over to mount using the same two holes on the frame flange as stock but now hanging down below the lower frame channel. It looks to me that that is how your was, is the other side still connected or did it fail also? This is done with lifts to keep the sway bar geometry correct, you want the end sections to be parallel to the ground so it either longer links or a bracket flip.
Nice looking EX, subtle H-D graphics on the outside, did I spy a little H-D orange on the center console too? You may want to look into some '04 Harley 18" rims to really finish off the package.

Old 02-24-2017, 06:28 AM
Bduals207
Freshman User
Originally Posted by WE3ZS
As shown in Sean's videos the top sway bar end link typically mounts with its bolt through the bracket (which is bolted to the frame) and then through the frame rail. But on many lifts that little bracket gets removed from its spot inside the frame channel and flipped over to mount using the same two holes on the frame flange as stock but now hanging down below the lower frame channel. It looks to me that that is how your was, is the other side still connected or did it fail also? This is done with lifts to keep the sway bar geometry correct, you want the end sections to be parallel to the ground so it either longer links or a bracket flip.
Nice looking EX, subtle H-D graphics on the outside, did I spy a little H-D orange on the center console too? You may want to look into some '04 Harley 18" rims to really finish off the package.

1000% correct. I kept looking at the pics saying no... close but not what i have. It is definitely flipped from stock to point down, i kept seeing it sit in the frame rail or on top. The other side its flipped facing down. 1 piece stil. Thanks for the help. The hd orange inside just a work folder haha. Im super glad I found this ex. Lots of miles to get it with 3 screaming kiddos kicking the seats of my wifes Chevy Sonic. I looked for a while for this ex.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:01 AM
BroncoRN
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you can't find it local Amazon will have it there in two days or less. Looks like Oreilly Auto Parts stocks them if you have one out your way.

Old 02-24-2017, 02:56 PM
Bduals207
Freshman User
Originally Posted by BroncoRN
If you can't find it local Amazon will have it there in two days or less. Looks like Oreilly Auto Parts stocks them if you have one out your way.
Care to share a link or part number? Please? But oreilly and autozone looked at me like I was lost... They have no sway bar brackets of this sort. Superlink call center.... hmmm i was the only caller for over 23 mins. Well there went my lunch. At least i know about all the new lifts they advertised for trucks id rather never own.. no offense.

Old 02-24-2017, 04:42 PM
BroncoRN
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
http://m.oreillyauto.com/h5/catalog?path=%2Fsite%2Fc%2Fsearch.oap%3Fkeyword%3D sway%2521s%2521stabilizer%2Bbar%2Blink%26year%3D20 02%26make%3DFord%26model%3DExcursion%26vi%3D501638 4&search=true

Old 02-24-2017, 04:47 PM
agsmv1
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From what I could find: YC3Z5C495AA

Old 02-24-2017, 05:08 PM
Nicmike
Veteran/Sheepdog

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...these-are.html

Same part number Art just posted. Good find, Art!

Old 02-24-2017, 06:25 PM
Bduals207
Freshman User
Thanks again for the help. I spoke with superlift omw feom work. Superlift part# 55-19-9640 $31.12 + freight.
I will post install pictures.

Old 03-07-2017, 12:17 PM
74Mav
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good looking truck!

What part of Maine? Looks like I'm moving up that way this summer.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:18 PM
Bduals207
Freshman User
Originally Posted by 74Mav
Good looking truck!

What part of Maine? Looks like I'm moving up that way this summer.

From midcoast Bangor, to southern Wells. Although I call it all home, get ready to pay uncle sam dearly. My advice is dont move this way. Not unless you own your own technology business or you're an author or have a tender loving hand to cultivate marijuana. Jobs are everywhere for $8. Crime rates becoming nuts because we have old dried up mill towns filled with Somalian refugees. Heroin is an epidemic. They salt the **** out of the roads. Charge insane dmv fees. Inspections hahaha you need to know a guy or finance a new car every 5 years. Invest in bondo, oil companys, and crooked police,WE ARE THE CRAFT BEER CAPITAL THOUGH. it deserves all caps trust me we got the goods from the gods.. End rant..

yea thats my 2 cents.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:29 PM
Bduals207
Freshman User
So. I got it and threw it on over the weekend. The original owner had the lift put in. What a mess, found backwards spacers just used as washers, no spacers in spots needed. No wonder it broke. Anyways heres the pics of the new part. Im still a picture noob, so I forgot to take a pic of the old part. It just ripped out the eye. Probably torqued to million foot lbs.

Old 03-08-2017, 06:41 AM
1 Excursion camper
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I can see why that part failed. it looks much cheaper than the stack ford piece. at least you were able to get a replacement.

Quick Reply: Help identify this broken front end part for me please.