Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

MTO trouble.. Need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 11:03 AM
Tyler Heinrichs
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MTO trouble.. Need help

I'm new so hello everyone! Recently the mto pulled me over on my way to work (2005 ford f250 6.0 powerstroke) they looked under my hood and found my egr delete. I bought it that way, I have a month to "fix it". I want to keep the egr delete but don't know what to do, if anyone has been through this or has any tips please let me know. Thank you

Old 02-20-2017, 12:46 PM
POPAJON
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
First off welcome to FTE Tyler. As for the EGR .. you may be S.O.L. A 2005 is not old enough to be classified as a hot rod. There was another term used for the deletion of the EGR system to get around the MTO. This is all due to government interference and BS from tree huggers. I feel for ya my friend. Soon ALL forms of Hot Rodding and street performance will be outlawed. Tis a sad stat of affairs to be put in the position of a Rock and a Hard place. I used to get the Performance Improvement flyer and there was an article in there that kinda dealt with that issue. If there is a fellow FTE member on here that has saved or seen that issue they may chime in. Good Kuck

Old 02-20-2017, 01:51 PM
katrinemarine
Freshman User
Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately the MTO in Ontario is really getting aggressive about enforcing emmissions laws. Locally many have been caught and forced to remove the equipment and programmers. Funny how they seem to be targeting the Fords around here. Lots of guys with stinky cummins that don't seem to be stopped

Old 02-21-2017, 06:02 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,139 Likes on 1,684 Posts
Just put the EGR on it, not sure if it will work right but maybe if they see it that will be good enough, good luck

Old 02-24-2017, 11:07 AM
Tyler Heinrichs
New User
Originally Posted by POPAJON
First off welcome to FTE Tyler. As for the EGR .. you may be S.O.L. A 2005 is not old enough to be classified as a hot rod. There was another term used for the deletion of the EGR system to get around the MTO. This is all due to government interference and BS from tree huggers. I feel for ya my friend. Soon ALL forms of Hot Rodding and street performance will be outlawed. Tis a sad stat of affairs to be put in the position of a Rock and a Hard place. I used to get the Performance Improvement flyer and there was an article in there that kinda dealt with that issue. If there is a fellow FTE member on here that has saved or seen that issue they may chime in. Good Kuck
Thanks looks like I'm spending a ton. They also got me for having a tune, I didn't know that was illegal? They said I have to get my computer re flashed at ford dealership, know anything about this.

Old 02-25-2017, 07:10 PM
POPAJON
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Tyler Heinrichs
Thanks looks like I'm spending a ton. They also got me for having a tune, I didn't know that was illegal? They said I have to get my computer re flashed at ford dealership, know anything about this.
That's a first for me. Never heard of it. Dang, and that ain't the word I want use, MTO is getting to be as bad as the OPP in my area. TOO much power given to these government agencies !!! Sorry Tyler, I have 77 F-150 and I have deleted ALL the smog crap that came with it. My Dad bought it new and I Modded it the first week I got it from him. Ticked him off at first BUT he liked the extra HP that came with the 4 bbl intake, rv cam and headers. I really don't know what else to tell you. Other than that situation sucks.