1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

Need HELP F100/F150 stepside 80-83 required

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 10:53 AM
ctubutis
Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
There are probably US-based agents who would do it for money as a business but I can't imagine it'd be real cheap to do.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:55 AM
Osagebow
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any chance you can find a sound truck down there and just get a replacement bed shipped? You wouldn't be rolling the dice as much mechanically, and shipping would be easier.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:56 AM
ArdWrknTrk
pedant

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by ctubutis
There are probably US-based agents who would do it for money as a business but I can't imagine it'd be real cheap to do.
Brings us back to the whole "My agent will contact you" scam....

Old 02-20-2017, 02:52 PM
ctubutis
Originally Posted by ArdWrknTrk
Brings us back to the whole "My agent will contact you" scam....
Yup.

But these services still exist as a business.

Old 02-21-2017, 02:08 AM
Oz Econoline
Senior User
Hey Guys - I completely understand that there are a lot of scammers out there but it makes it really difficult for the genuine people (like myself) that wants to buy a truck that we never got in Australia.

I can assure you that I'm not a Nigerian Prince trying to launder money.

You suggested we find someone who would be willing to buy a truck on our behalf - if only it was as easy as that! We have called numerous people in the US who have promised the world and still (some 2 months later) haven't delivered on their promise.

When we've visit the US in the past, we've pick up a T-Mobile sim card and rang around and made some enquiries for parts etc and we've had quite a lot of people not answer. We've since found out that because (for example) we picked up the sim card in NYC but then travelled to California and called someone, the caller has identified the number with NYC and isn't interested in speaking with us even though we're actually in California.

Anyway - getting back to the topic, I'm happy to provide any personal information about ourselves for verification purposes (email address, contact numbers etc) and would appreciate it if anyone could help with my enquiry.

We're actually visiting the US in 2 weeks (to chase up some parts for my van).

Old 02-21-2017, 11:36 AM
Ford F834
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I tried to help a Czech guy find and buy a truck for export. Even if you live here, dealing with Craigslist sellers can be sketchy at best. We tried for almost two years, but in the end he had to fly to Oregon and buy one in person. (Oregon and Washington definitely have the nicest trucks and the most reasonable prices). He experienced the same thing. As soon as he disclosed that he was European the seller would quit talking to him. I was willing to check out trucks and make a transaction on his behalf, but nothing in my area (Arizona) ever panned out. It was a lot more challenging than either of us expected. Any decent trucks were long gone before we could communicate three ways and work a deal. If you are traveling to the states, that would definitely be the time to try to buy one. In addition to this forum, there are some active Facebook groups for 80-86 bullnose. If you have a FB account I would ask around there to see if anyone has one for sale or knows of one.

Bullnose Fords 80-86:
https://m.facebook.com/groups/738828...?ref=bookmarks

Bullnose Ford truck group (80 to 86 F-series)
https://m.facebook.com/groups/486410...?ref=bookmarks

Free Wheeling and Chromatic striped Broncos and F150's:
https://m.facebook.com/groups/443736...?ref=bookmarks

Old 02-21-2017, 01:29 PM
ctubutis
Yeah, Facebook would be another avenue to try and find what you're looking for, they may have For Sale areas out there, too.

Old 02-22-2017, 03:19 AM
Oz Econoline
Senior User
Thanks Ford F834 - I'll be sure to check out the Facebook pages you've suggested.

I found this one in Texas, is there anyone here that could make some enquiries for me? Is this a reasonable price for something in this condition. I've seen the both cheaper and higher.

https://easttexas.craigslist.org/cto/6010636694.html

Old 02-22-2017, 09:26 AM
ctubutis
Ooooooohhhhh! A 1981 Texas stepside (common name) for only $2k! That could turn out to be a nice truck.

Old 02-22-2017, 11:22 AM
Ford F834
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Oz Econoline
Thanks Ford F834 - I'll be sure to check out the Facebook pages you've suggested.

I found this one in Texas, is there anyone here that could make some enquiries for me? Is this a reasonable price for something in this condition. I've seen the both cheaper and higher.

https://easttexas.craigslist.org/cto/6010636694.html
That passenger side fender looks pretty thrashed. Probably repairable if you are good with fiberglass, but I'd want to see what's under all that duct tape

Old 02-22-2017, 11:25 AM
Ford F834
Postmaster
This one is almost 3x the price, but it's a gorgeous truck. It's been listed for a few months now...

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/6007426463.html

Old 02-22-2017, 11:39 AM
Franklin2
Received 1,676 Likes on 1,355 Posts
Originally Posted by Ford F834
That passenger side fender looks pretty thrashed. Probably repairable if you are good with fiberglass, but I'd want to see what's under all that duct tape
Looks fixable to me. I would take it off, grind down the back, and lay some fiberglass cloth over it. There could even big a large hole there and you could still cover it over with cloth.

Then come around to the top side and do some grinding, put some bondo with the hair in it for any deep depressions, grind it again and smooth it out with some regular bondo.

Old 02-22-2017, 01:01 PM
ctubutis
I like the white on in Phoenix, it's what the silver one could become but would require a lot of tools & work & sometimes parts, and remember the OP is in Oz where parts availability is extremely limited.

Old 02-22-2017, 01:34 PM
Ford F834
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ctubutis
I like the white on in Phoenix, it's what the silver one could become but would require a lot of tools & work & sometimes parts, and remember the OP is in Oz where parts availability is extremely limited.
^^^exactly^^^

I'm learning the hard way that you are almost always $ ahead to buy the best truck you can with the least work required to get it to where you want. I've stepped in poo with both feet now, with my F350 and again with my F150. Both will be nice trucks, but in both cases I would be far ahead to hold out for a better truck and invest a little more up front. That said, a budget is a budget and $5,750 is a lot of money for a bullnose. Period. I've seen a few nice flaresides listed at $1500-ish, but you have to be quick to catch one of those deals. There are a lot of people looking and the bargains get snapped up fast.

Old 02-22-2017, 05:14 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Ford F834
^^^exactly^^^

I'm learning the hard way that you are almost always $ ahead to buy the best truck you can with the least work required to get it to where you want. I've stepped in poo with both feet now, with my F350 and again with my F150. Both will be nice trucks, but in both cases I would be far ahead to hold out for a better truck and invest a little more up front. That said, a budget is a budget and $5,750 is a lot of money for a bullnose. Period. I've seen a few nice flaresides listed at $1500-ish, but you have to be quick to catch one of those deals. There are a lot of people looking and the bargains get snapped up fast.
Amen, brother! My advice is to buy the most expensive truck you can afford. It will almost, if not always, be less expensive in the long run.

Quick Reply: Need HELP F100/F150 stepside 80-83 required