2015 + Expedition & Navigator 2015 + Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Tomorrows the Big Day

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 11:41 AM
B-McD
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's a good look at it. I'm in. Has most of the stuff I wanted. 2018 Ford Expedition Review, Ratings, Specs, Prices, and Photos - The Car Connection

Old 02-07-2017, 02:13 PM
cfaas416
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by B-McD
Here's a good look at it. I'm in. Has most of the stuff I wanted. 2018 Ford Expedition Review, Ratings, Specs, Prices, and Photos - The Car Connection
As someone that has anxiously been waiting to see what they are going to do for the last 4 months now, I'm excited by what I see. While most of the changes are subtle, I kinda like it. And by gaining the upgraded tech I think it will make for a solid overall vehicle.

Old 02-07-2017, 03:15 PM
greg807
Junior User
Old 02-07-2017, 03:45 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
I'm not a fan, way to crossoverish for my tastes but I'm sure people will buy it.

Old 02-07-2017, 04:18 PM
alwaysfords41
Posting Guru
GM called, they say someone stole the Tahoe's slab sides and they want them back.

Old 02-07-2017, 06:24 PM
Randy_270
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Only two things I don't like about.

1. The gear shift spin ****, give me more console space and a column gear shift ****.

2. The mirrors are tiny, how the **** am I supposed to tow anything with those??

It also kind of looks like a tahoe/suburban but either way, I need a big suv and I would much rather push a ford then drive a chevy...

Old 02-07-2017, 06:46 PM
2.7EcoBoost
Senior User
Originally Posted by alwaysfords41
GM called, they say someone stole the Tahoe's slab sides and they want them back.
X2. Hideous side/rear profile. As ugly as the GM's

Old 02-07-2017, 07:07 PM
ZGKiwi
Freshman User
I kind of like it - yeah perhaps a bit too much like gm twins from the side but still, i like it

Good write up here too

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/02/07/2...minum-details/

Old 02-07-2017, 07:18 PM
5HUB
Senior User
Old 02-07-2017, 07:22 PM
Fmc4lfe
Senior User
Does resemble a Tahoe a little but maybe it should heck say what you want but Tahoes are sporty as hell and that's what the expy needs in its life

Old 02-07-2017, 08:30 PM
EPI-911
Senior User
I agree it finally has a decent upgrade, but there are two glarring things that reallllly **** me off and can't figure out what Ford is thinking or not thinking.

Ford says flat out "Because 58 percent of buyers say towing is important, Ford is improving the capability from 9,200 pounds currently to ensure it is the best in the segment" and they went on to say that those same owners "tow a minimum of once per month"

Well I happen to be one of those owners, I regularly tow a 24' Sea Ray Sundeck, plus I have two boys, my wife, and usually I will invite 2 or 3 friends to go out with us. So I have been waiting for a Diesel, patiently.... Very Patiently.... Now the F150 FINALLY Gets a Diesel, albeit a 3.0L V6 PSD BUT its a diesel nonetheless. SOOOO Why is Ford AGAIN neglecting those who tow and could realllllly use the Diesel.

Don't try to BS me or Sugar Coat your Pixie Dusted EcoBoost, I do NOT Get Better MPGs while towing versus the 5.4L V8, nor do I see any major differences in the MPG from the EcoBoosted V6. I've rented and had a loaner while my 13 was in the shop twice. And as "cool" as it is to have a Sport Mode on my truck I would like to see for once Ford show up to the show not with a punt or a stolen base, but a flipping home run.

Which brings me to my last gripe... What the Fuzzy is up with these ridiculously tiny powerwheels mirrors. Again Ford "Claims" to be making sure they are the class leader. SO give me an option for a REAL Mirror and a Towing Mirror. Why do I have to go to the aftermarket that produces some pretty good looking but not OEM Quality Mirrors.

SO My Gripes are
1. No Mention of the 3.0L V6 PSD -- this should be easy for Ford to include
2. No Mention of Trailer Towing Mirrors.

Not Everyone NEEDS a Superduty, and since the likelihood of the Excursion returning is slim to never this is as good as it gets I guess. Hopefully someone from Ford is actually reading our responses and listens. It would be really nice to show Jeep and Dodge how a real SUV can tow and get great MPG's without having to defect to the other side.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:31 PM
glockholiday
Laughing Gas
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I like the looks of my 15' better.

Old 02-08-2017, 06:49 AM
2.7EcoBoost
Senior User
"Don't try to BS me or Sugar Coat your Pixie Dusted EcoBoost, I do NOT Get Better MPGs while towing versus the 5.4L V8"

Maybe not, but you gotta admit, you could hook that old Expy with the 5.4 behind whatever your towing with the EcoBoost and it would still out accelerate the 5.4 by a large margin. Also, the Ecoboost definitely gets much better MPG than the 5.4 while not towing. It's not even close. If anyone disagrees then they don't drive very sensiblewith the EcoBoost, maybe because they're used to having to hold it to the floor with the 5.4. I am all for options and a diesel option would be great. I don't think it makes sense personally as the EcoBoost are strong for towing and even though the MPG isn't great while towing, the up front money you save vs a diesel will make the diesel a more expensive option over the long haul for probably 90% of the customers. Like I said tho, offer a diesel, choice is a great thing.... I'm just still in awe and kind of embarrassed as a Ford fan that they ripped the ugly side/back profile off GM so bad. Yuck!! Okay.....so after looking through all the pics, the regular Expy doesn't look bad from the side. It's the Expy Max that starts screaming GM spoof. I don't mind the front end styling as it is kind of an Explorerish design that says "Luxury" as apposed to a more truck design that says "tough"....I prefer the tough truck look of the 17', but I can handle the 18' luxury look up front.

Old 02-08-2017, 07:48 AM
dlcorbett
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
also, im pretty sure ford is gonna put the diesel in this thing, but the f150 needs to prove its relevancy, this has always been a ford thing, the f150 debuts and tests certain new products and once its fine tuned gets trickled down to the other vehicles including the expy. i never expected the diesel to launch with the teuck but i bet they are testing it in an expy though

Old 02-08-2017, 01:43 PM
rjd75
Senior User
Nice to finally see it overhauled, I can't wait to see one in person. The interior and seating definitely looks more high end as it should in a flag ship vehicle.

Some subtle things like the rear wiper look to be the same poor design. Such a pet peeve of mine to see Expys and Navs with wipers not sitting at a 90 degree angle. Always looking broken either way past on the tailgate or up higher. My current 2016 also has the problem where the first time I hit it it goes up half way and stops and the second time it goes all the way. Hopefully they have changed the motors and controls because I have had this issue on more than one expy. I was hoping they would have taken the top down approach like GM so you have a clean piece of glass on the tailgate. I also notice the heated steering wheel button on the dash, that will be a nice addition!!

Quick Reply: Tomorrows the Big Day