2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Canadian 2017 F-350 SD Lemon - need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 04:46 PM
FOUNTAIN 1
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if someone cant fix a truck , mind you a special engineer . 2 months . give me a break . yes its about how one is taken care of after the sale , this guy is getting screwed , I don't deal with business practices this bad .. yes chit will fail . but two months . my business would be out of business if I treated people like this .. people want what they pay for .and desearve it . if not happy with product ,replace it with product of equal value , one week is one thing two months is a whole nother story . yes my spelling sucks .

Old 02-03-2017, 05:00 PM
FOUNTAIN 1
Elder User
Originally Posted by rustyshakelford
Man I know you've gotta be pretty sharp and seems like you run a successful business but sometimes I have no idea what your talking about? Then you say how this is your last ford when you haven't had any issues with it right? Why are you so critical? I know you invest heavily in your trucks but give it a chance. I had a lemon ram and it was a nightmare to get them to do a buy back. I tried the new truck out and kept it for a few years but after my dealing with ram custome service decided to try something new. I haven't had a trouble free experience with ford but at the end of the day I'm extremely pleased with the product. To sleepy, I can't stress the importantance of a dealer that's a customer service advocate, sounds like your dealer isn't greasing the right wheels. I know you've got to be frustrated

Brett
sorry , just a hard working red neck that grew up before computers , didn't really care about English class . poor spelling , yea . worked hard for everything ive ever got , deal with hoity toity ,people every day . ive had bad jobs .no one perfect .especially the help ,lol , replaced the bad product ,turned a unhappy customer into a customer for life . knowing I have there back if something is screwed up . that's how a successful business thrives . on reputation , quality , fair pricing , and most of all a commitment to making there buying experience the best it can be .. oh yea be on time . there it is guys .. this guys experience is ridicoulous , give him a new truck already . or fix the dam thing one or the other .......

Old 02-03-2017, 08:16 PM
Sleepyguy
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
After more conversations then I care to it seems both dealer and Ford are willing to work with a replacement bit of course will take time. Also negotiations.

No matter what I will loose money and lost respect for Ford.

What I can say I learned is Ford seems to hide behind the warranty contract when they have issues resolving things. I am guessing all manufactures do this.

You would think given the volume of business they deal with and the rarity of problems like this it would not be to difficult for Ford to take it as a loss and write it off.

I was told stuff like it's a lot of money when referring to $1000 and frankly an $85,000 truck is 1.17%

If all goes well. I get a new truck it will be a long time before these wounds heal. Lost all respect for the company Ford. Still like the trucks though love hate..

Old 02-03-2017, 08:27 PM
FOUNTAIN 1
Elder User
good for you . you getting what you desearve .. besides for ford its a tax right off . they loose nothing

Old 02-03-2017, 08:27 PM
RJC2
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In the end, Ford did the right thing with me. I'm sure they'll come around. In the interim, enjoy the loaner car.

On Edit: Sorry, I was typing while you posted. Sounds like you'll be okay.

Old 02-03-2017, 08:36 PM
Sleepyguy
Elder User
This I should my loaner. Dirty, smelly, beat up, damaged 350. I could have purchased it out right with the payments I made on my new truck.

Took two weeks and finally settled on putting my new rims and winter tires on it as they could not provide a truck with winter tires. My words where if you can't give me an f truck with f winter tires to drive up north on ice roads your putting my life, work and safety at risk. Put my f tires on it if you can provide a solution.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:44 AM
RJC2
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think you missed my point Sir, which was that those are miles and wear/tear that you are not putting on your new truck. The payments that you are making are still applied to your loan, and your new truck will be around that much longer in the end. I could see that you weren't happy and was just trying to show you the full side of the glass.
I'm truly happy for you that Ford has decided to Daddy the problem, however, from what you've said, I don't know if you see it that way.

Old 02-04-2017, 09:52 AM
REPO.
Senior User
I would like to hope that they get you a better truck? By that I mean higher optioned?

Old 02-04-2017, 11:05 AM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts
Here is the problem: In Corp America almost every thing you buy comes with a warranty, but the problem is almost all treat the warranty as a YES or NO proposition.

Tow your rig into your local car dealer is 50,000.1 miles on it and the dealer looks at you, shurgs shoulders and sez, sorry bud but you are out of warranty.

Were I the CEO of a mega corp ALL warranty issues that receive a 'not covered' for what ever reason immediately go to mitigation support. There you have an opportunity to plead your case and the mitigation support can say yes, no or we will provide the parts and charge you for the labor, or you pay for the parts and we will provide the labor or anywhere in between.

In other words we need to change the whole way warranty is viewed or you run the risk of losing a customer forever...

I bought a new car and it came with Firestone tires. The tires after a few short miles showed signs of delamination of the rubber in the sidewalls and tread. The Chev dealer said it was a Firestone issue and Firestone denied the warranty saying it was normal, even when I brought in my near new tire with a side wall blowout they denied it. I ended buying a new set of Goodyears for tires less than 6 mo old. This was in '74, never have bought a Firestone tire again and I take every opportunity to tell my story.

Firestone could have given me the tires and let me pay the labor to install, balance etc, but they did not, it was all or none and in this case none!

Old 02-04-2017, 02:17 PM
FOUNTAIN 1
Elder User
[QUOTE=17 Oaks;16924106]Here is the problem: In Corp America almost every thing you buy comes with a warranty, but the problem is almost all treat the warranty as a YES or NO proposition.

Tow your rig into your local car dealer is 50,000.1 miles on it and the dealer looks at you, shurgs shoulders and sez, sorry bud but you are out of warranty.

Were I the CEO of a mega corp ALL warranty issues that receive a 'not covered' for what ever reason immediately go to mitigation support. There you have an opportunity to plead your case and the mitigation support can say yes, no or we will provide the parts and charge you for the labor, or you pay for the parts and we will provide the labor or anywhere in between.

In other words we need to change the whole way warranty is viewed or you run the risk of losing a customer forever...

I bought a new car and it came with Firestone tires. The tires after a few short miles showed signs of delamination of the rubber in the sidewalls and tread. The Chev dealer said it was a Firestone issue and Firestone denied the warranty saying it was normal, even when I brought in my near new tire with a side wall blowout they denied it. I ended buying a new set of Goodyears for tires less than 6 mo old. This was in '74, never have bought a Firestone tire again and I take every opportunity to tell my story.

Firestone could have given me the tires and let me pay the labor to install, balance etc, but they did not, it was all or none and in this case none![/QUOTE I wouldn't baught again either , its sad you need a lawyer for everyday living these days . I'm lucky to have one on my payroll , I have to pay him 1500 a month just to do and take care of everyday business .. when did life turn this chitty ...

Old 02-04-2017, 02:35 PM
17450KR
Senior User
I had a great experience with Ford. 2004 F150. At 38 months old and 28,000 miles on the clock (I was deployed a lot, so truck didn't rack up a lot of miles) it developed a bad shudder in the back end when making a 90 degree corner. Dealer diagnosed as failed clutch pack in the limited slip axle and the truck was out of warranty by 2 months but still had 8,000 to go in the miles side. I simply called Ford customer service, and explained that I felt the rear-end should last a lot longer that 28,000 miles regardless of the age. They agreed to cover all parts and half the labor. I was happy.

I never raised my voice, never threatened to be a large voice of discontentment, and certainly never dropped the f bomb. Honey vs. vinegar, honey wins every time.

Old 02-04-2017, 04:06 PM
bronc71
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 17450KR
I had a great experience with Ford. 2004 F150. At 38 months old and 28,000 miles on the clock (I was deployed a lot, so truck didn't rack up a lot of miles) it developed a bad shudder in the back end when making a 90 degree corner. Dealer diagnosed as failed clutch pack in the limited slip axle and the truck was out of warranty by 2 months but still had 8,000 to go in the miles side. I simply called Ford customer service, and explained that I felt the rear-end should last a lot longer that 28,000 miles regardless of the age. They agreed to cover all parts and half the labor. I was happy.

I never raised my voice, never threatened to be a large voice of discontentment, and certainly never dropped the f bomb. Honey vs. vinegar, honey wins every time.
I agree with this as well
2012 navigator had some electrical issues just as it was coming out of the extended warranty called Lincoln and they gave us a "high tech warranty" till 200,000 kms or 8yrs
2011 f350 cel on from the 2nd week I took delivery they could not fix it and ford was aware of the problem and said be patient 4 months later it was fixed and ford offered me a "service maintenance plan" for free
Now this one I could not believe 2008 f350 drw diesel all kind of problems "not with motor though go figure lol"
The last straw for me was no cruise control from new they tried everything after 14 months ford Canada called and said maybe your just going to have to live without cruise that's when I went to the dark side and bought a used 2006 Gmc drw

Old 02-07-2017, 07:45 PM
Sleepyguy
Elder User
So after months of countless excuses phone calls to Ford and dealership finally have an end in site.

Dealership has given up on trying to fix the truck.

Ford is willing to give a modest amount to assist trading in the truck they can not fix.

It is going to cost me $6,000 out of pocket to get basically what I paid for a new truck. Plus the $2,000 for liner and such that can not be removed. Add to that what I have to pay to get a new liner and registration etc... another $1000

Ford did the right thing eventually by supporting replacement. I am loosing money and a fair bit of it I might add.

So much for standing up for your product and consumer rights. Bitter sweet.

I will see this truck through and NEVER buy a Ford again.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:27 PM
FOUNTAIN 1
Elder User
Originally Posted by Sleepyguy
So after months of countless excuses phone calls to Ford and dealership finally have an end in site.

Ford is willing to give a modest amount to assist trading in the truck they can not fix.

It is going to cost me $6,000 out of pocket to get basically what I paid for a new truck. Plus the $2,000 for liner and such that can not be removed. Add to that what I have to pay to get a new liner and registration etc... another $1000

Ford did the right thing eventually by supporting replacement. I am loosing money and a fair bit of it I might add.

well you know. Everybody says no other co would treat you any better , sorry to hear that. It's too bad you're getting hosed on a truck they can't fix. Can't believe they won't honor there product. Well maybe I can. Ford put it to me on my 05 v 10. Back in the day. What's you're next truck .

Old 02-08-2017, 09:10 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 533 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by Sleepyguy

So what happens to the old truck? Is it really "traded" in to be resold to some unsuspecting customer?

I'm sure the next truck will be fine - it stinks you had to go through this. Are you getting exactly the same truck? Or just taking something off the lot?

Quick Reply: Canadian 2017 F-350 SD Lemon - need help