Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,128 Likes on 1,681 Posts
Freezing rain here today .... no buses

Old 03-27-2017, 08:12 AM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Happy Monday Mornin'all. We're supposed to get rain today too G. I'm home this week. Kalan and I are supposed to do the flooring in his room. I set up my equipment on a deck I have attached to my garage. I don't like cutting laminate in the garage. If it does rain, I'll just loaf today. I worked 8 days in a row. My mind is fried. Have a great day guy's.

Old 03-27-2017, 01:50 PM
privateer, eh
Hotshot
Received 118 Likes on 113 Posts
I don't mind working with wood or the bamboo laminate but the paper laminate kind of irritates me. enjoy having a loafing day, some weeks need more Saturdays than others

Old 03-27-2017, 02:00 PM
sky Cowboy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 250 Likes on 177 Posts
Good afternoon men.
How is everything and everyone?

Old 03-27-2017, 05:55 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,108 Likes on 2,642 Posts
Originally Posted by yamagrant
Happy Monday Mornin'all. We're supposed to get rain today too G. I'm home this week. Kalan and I are supposed to do the flooring in his room. I set up my equipment on a deck I have attached to my garage. I don't like cutting laminate in the garage. If it does rain, I'll just loaf today. I worked 8 days in a row. My mind is fried. Have a great day guy's.
I used to work 7 and 8 in a row on a regular basis and shift work to boot, only time I felt done in was when I worked 6 weeks straight without a day off..I fixed it all now though..

Old 03-27-2017, 06:22 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,340 Likes on 1,102 Posts
Finally our temps are headed the right way, 8°C this afternoon and 13°C tomorrow. Double digits for most of this week, if the sun comes out the mud should be gone soon.
Finally back on my 53 M100 resto rod, the gas tank is mounted in and the rad hoses sorted out. Pick up some more parts tomorrow, the gas line should be in and check around for parking brake cables.
Originally Posted by GIGGER
Freezing rain here today .... no buses
More paid days off..... sweet deal!
Nice to have a deck to work off, saves on clean up. We were supposed to get a few showers but they passed us by which is great, my yard is muddy enough.
Originally Posted by privateer, eh
I don't mind working with wood or the bamboo laminate but the paper laminate kind of irritates me. enjoy having a loafing day, some weeks need more Saturdays than others
Even my vac hates gyp rock dust.
Originally Posted by sky Cowboy
Good afternoon men.
How is everything and everyone?
Things are looking good here Ian, hope it`s the same in the west coast too. Your double post is gone.
Originally Posted by 56panelford
I used to work 7 and 8 in a row on a regular basis and shift work to boot, only time I felt done in was when I worked 6 weeks straight without a day off..I fixed it all now though..
Hopefully the pay was worth it.

Old 03-27-2017, 07:36 PM
privateer, eh
Hotshot
Received 118 Likes on 113 Posts
I had to many years of 7 days a week hustling furniture and sidelining property management, all I got out of it was bad health and a retirement program the government keeps trying to steal.
Spent the day raising social conscience hell in the neighborhood, will probably get shot by the junkie squad or get stabbed by the junkies on 48th soon, but I'm even more popular in the hood now. Wednesday night is the official startup of our neighborhood crime program.

Old 03-27-2017, 09:35 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by Fomoko1
Finally our temps are headed the right way, 8°C this afternoon and 13°C tomorrow. Double digits for most of this week, if the sun comes out the mud should be gone soon.
Finally back on my 53 M100 resto rod, the gas tank is mounted in and the rad hoses sorted out. Pick up some more parts tomorrow, the gas line should be in and check around for parking brake cables.

More paid days off..... sweet deal!

Nice to have a deck to work off, saves on clean up. We were supposed to get a few showers but they passed us by which is great, my yard is muddy enough.

Even my vac hates gyp rock dust.

Things are looking good here Ian, hope it`s the same in the west coast too. Your double post is gone.

Hopefully the pay was worth it.
It was pretty good Morris..

Old 03-27-2017, 09:45 PM
Corner Gas
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Good evening truckers, hope you all had a great day.

Old 03-27-2017, 09:48 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Good evening Colin..

Old 03-27-2017, 10:26 PM
49f68canadian
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First mow of the year today. 16 today but down to 6 now. To rain all next week. Have a great evening!!

Old 03-28-2017, 05:40 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,128 Likes on 1,681 Posts
Take a break Grant n all, you deserve it

Old 03-28-2017, 11:08 AM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Happy Tuesday mornin'all. the 8 in a row is all by myself glued to a phone and computer. Not my Forte, but due to my aching body, I'm no longer able to work in the shop. I should have listened to the older mechanic's when I started in the automotive trade. They said don't crawl on the cold cement floor setting up the hoist, without using a piece of carpet to kneel on. Also said: let it warm up a tad before you start grabbing cold metal. I was young and indestructible, What did these old guy's know? well I pay the price now. I absolutely hate the office environment. Who know's; I may venture into a different means of work, that's more suited to what I will enjoy. I'm doing Kalan's bedroom flooring, and that's not what I want to do for a living, lol. Have a great day guy's.

Old 03-28-2017, 11:26 AM
sky Cowboy
FTE Chapter Leader

Happy Tuesday mornin'all. the 8 in a row is all by myself glued to a phone and computer. Not my Forte, but due to my aching body, I'm no longer able to work in the shop. I should have listened to the older mechanic's when I started in the automotive trade. They said don't crawl on the cold cement floor setting up the hoist, without using a piece of carpet to kneel on. Also said: let it warm up a tad before you start grabbing cold metal. I was young and indestructible, What did these old guy's know? well I pay the price now. I absolutely hate the office environment. Who know's; I may venture into a different means of work, that's more suited to what I will enjoy. I'm doing Kalan's bedroom flooring, and that's not what I want to do for a living, lol. Have a great day guy's.
Good morning everyone.

Grant sorry to hear that...looked into being an AME if you like to work on stuff but easier on the body?

Old 03-28-2017, 11:29 AM
sky Cowboy
FTE Chapter Leader

Actually my cousin has to stop working in a shop so starts next week as a residential electricians apprentice.
He said drilling holes and pulling wire...doing up a cew screws in boxes etc is a lot easier on his body than car work.
He currently is at a Toyota dealer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No topic thread part 3-2017