2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Trying to decide

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 04:12 PM
Mfoltz
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trying to decide

This is my first post but I been reading this forum for awhile now. Alot of good info on this site. Im looking to pull the trigger on a 17 very soon but I'm stuck between a xlt and a lariat. I built booth and the xlt was at 64 and the lariat was 71. Is getting the xlt worth the savings? I have a 2015 lariat now and I thought I might like cloth seats better because my dogs just always get the leather dirty. I figured I would buy nice seat covers and i wouldnt be so upset when the dog gets mud everywhere. The biggest things I want are the sunroof and the big screen on the radio. What else makes the lariat so much more? I don't want the adapt cruise and lane depart warning and stuf like that. If money was no issue I would just get the lariat but I keep telling my self to save money and get the xlt. Is the outside much different between the two? Also I been trying to find pictures between the oxford white and the wHite platinum. I know you can't get the white platinum in an xlt. Theirs some 17s I see on the road where I just love the white and if it's the white platinum then that decides my choice, I would get the lariat. These trucks are awsome. I told myself After I bought my 15 I would keep it for a long time. We'll that changed since I seen the 17 in person lol

Old 01-01-2017, 04:24 PM
AK_SuperDuty
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mfoltz
This is my first post but I been reading this forum for awhile now. Alot of good info on this site. Im looking to pull the trigger on a 17 very soon but I'm stuck between a xlt and a lariat. I built booth and the xlt was at 64 and the lariat was 71. Is getting the xlt worth the savings? I have a 2015 lariat now and I thought I might like cloth seats better because my dogs just always get the leather dirty. I figured I would buy nice seat covers and i wouldnt be so upset when the dog gets mud everywhere. The biggest things I want are the sunroof and the big screen on the radio. What else makes the lariat so much more? I don't want the adapt cruise and lane depart warning and stuf like that. If money was no issue I would just get the lariat but I keep telling my self to save money and get the xlt. Is the outside much different between the two? Also I been trying to find pictures between the oxford white and the wHite platinum. I know you can't get the white platinum in an xlt. Theirs some 17s I see on the road where I just love the white and if it's the white platinum then that decides my choice, I would get the lariat. These trucks are awsome. I told myself After I bought my 15 I would keep it for a long time. We'll that changed since I seen the 17 in person lol
Lariat hands down. Get the lariat ultimate package and the LED headlights. They are absolutely amazing.

Old 01-01-2017, 04:25 PM
bronc71
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the site
Been building on-line a super cab short box now for about a month to replace my 2014 regular cab I said the same thing going to keep this truck for a long time but this 2017's are sweet!!
I'm having the same problem going back and forth between xlt and lariat

Old 01-01-2017, 04:31 PM
Mfoltz
Freshman User
I forgot about the led headlights lol. That their is probably is enough to make me do the lariat ultimate. Damn lol I wanted to try and do the right thing and save money but I know I will regret it. I love the look of the led lights

Old 01-01-2017, 04:33 PM
Mfoltz
Freshman User
When I got my 15 I order it. What do you guys think. Should I order and put up with the wait or have my dealer find one that has what I want. Im not sure I could handle the wait some of you guys have had. It would give me more time though to put more down on it.

Old 01-01-2017, 04:35 PM
babybober
Senior User
Well it is a personal decision. I can tell you I went back and forth who knows how many times. Ordered an XLT Thursday with many of the options that are standard in the Lariat. I just couldn't justify $5k more after taxes for the differences I wanted. Here are a few of the big things to help you decide. Cloth vs. leather. Heated seats vs. heated and cooled seats (if you order the option). Passenger seat is power with lumber adjustment instead of manual. Dual climate control vs. one temp adjustment. More plastic colored chrome look interier pieces. Memory position on the seats, steering wheel, pedals. Can't get 20" wheels on XLT.

Hope this helps....

Old 01-01-2017, 04:44 PM
AK_SuperDuty
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I forgot about the led headlights lol. That their is probably is enough to make me do the lariat ultimate. Damn lol I wanted to try and do the right thing and save money but I know I will regret it. I love the look of the led lights
It's not the look of the lights that impresses me. They are hands down the best lighting I've ever seen on a vehicle. They light up the highway like the sun is shining.

Old 01-01-2017, 05:13 PM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 534 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by babybober
Well it is a personal decision. I can tell you I went back and forth who knows how many times. Ordered an XLT Thursday with many of the options that are standard in the Lariat. I just couldn't justify $5k more after taxes for the differences I wanted. Here are a few of the big things to help you decide. Cloth vs. leather. Heated seats vs. heated and cooled seats (if you order the option). Passenger seat is power with lumber adjustment instead of manual. Dual climate control vs. one temp adjustment. More plastic colored chrome look interier pieces. Memory position on the seats, steering wheel, pedals. Can't get 20" wheels on XLT.

Hope this helps....
Ford has carefully designed trim levels in a manner that gets you to spend more. There is absolutely a psychology behind it.

The Lariat Ultimate gives you the power tilt and telescope steering wheel, not just the Lariat alone. It is also a prerequisite, along with BLIS, for the LED lights. So...to get the LED lights...you must spend $4200 for the Ultimate pack, plus $540 for BLIS, and then $1100 for the lights themselves. That's about $6k to get the lights. Yes, other equipment is included, but you must spend the $6k on top of a regular Lariat.

I like mine though.

Old 01-01-2017, 06:02 PM
Mfoltz
Freshman User
Led is somethings I definitely want so that decides my choice between the two. What do you guys think between the oxford white and white platinum? My dealer had a white platinum paint but I didn't get a chance to get a look at it before they sold it.

Old 01-01-2017, 06:09 PM
bronc71
Posting Guru
Led is somethings I definitely want so that decides my choice between the two. What do you guys think between the oxford white and white platinum? My dealer had a white platinum paint but I didn't get a chance to get a look at it before they sold it.
There has been threads on the 2 whites before it all comes down to personal preference I have had both 2011 f 350 drw white platinum and a 2012 f 150 oxford white liked them both the platinum is a bit richer looking imo
Also the oxford was starting to show those little rust dots in the 2 yrs I had that truck the platinum still is not showing any of that after 6 yrs!

Old 01-01-2017, 06:57 PM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Get exactly what you want. Don't settle for less. It's too expensive to fix it later.

Old 01-01-2017, 06:59 PM
NStorm
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 69cj
Get exactly what you want. Don't settle for less.
^^^^^ this.

Old 01-01-2017, 07:02 PM
Mfoltz
Freshman User
I'm getting the lariat ultimate white platinum paint. I know I will regret if I don't get that. Thanks for the help everyone. I can't wait to get it. Everyone on here and some of my friends who got one keep telling me how nice they are.

Old 01-01-2017, 07:05 PM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 534 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by bronc71
Also the oxford was starting to show those little rust dots in the 2 yrs I had that truck the platinum still is not showing any of that after 6 yrs!
My 2015 white platinum paint started to show those little rust dots after one year...you had to keep scrubbing them off.

Old 01-01-2017, 07:09 PM
bronc71
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by troverman
My 2015 white platinum paint started to show those little rust dots after one year...you had to keep scrubbing them off.
Maybe it was just me I babied my 2011 lol always kept in a heated garage the 2012 150 I had was my work truck with Plow think I washed it once a month
Cheers

Quick Reply: Trying to decide