Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

locked in ....no locked out!!...no in....okay both!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 06:46 PM
straight 6's
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright i have a problem. Once again my..."i can fix that" "i've got PLENTY of time" attitude has gotten me in trouble. my drivers side door doesn't lock; untill now, it locks oh it locks all righ it locks like never before but it won't unlock!!! yeah it's kinda funny once u think about it that is until you pull up to a gas station and have to crawl out like a nascar driver. here's how the story goes~~~~~~~~~~ (you know like the waves on "The Twilight Zone")~~~~~~~~~~(jeeze wut happened to ur imaginations!!!)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it was a sunny afternoon in the little town of Grant. Nick had plans to go to the movies with his girl later that evening but decided 3 hours was enough time to go up and fix his door. He'd been itching too since he accidentally kicked his window crank and it hinged apart (what his feet were doing on the door is a completly differant story) revealing a screw a simple screw not some gay C-clip EVERYBODY he had talked to had mentioned (hence his first episode of "the Broken Door" when he broke his door handle (yes this is why he must open the driverside door from the outside now))so he removes the door panel and removes the unit that has all the "brains" of the door in it. He leaves it dangleing by it's cable from the door handle (or whats left of it) he goes in his barn and comes back out holding a quart of oil and an air hose first he blows the sucker clean then drenches it with half a quart of motor oil he pulls and pulls on linkages and nothing happens so he fiddles with it for a half an hour (i'm shure he can tell you exactly how it works well all except for the locking mechanism because it still fails to work) he looks at his watch and realizes he has spent two hours on this project. he decides he'll put it off somemore untill he has more time. so he reinstalls the whole unit closes the door and BANG it doesn't close it's locked shut damn so he prys a little and puts the key in the door trys to turn it nothing.... it won't budge so he goes in the barn and grabs a pair of pliers with hell i can fix this attitude he clenches the jaws of the pliers and hey it's starting to give!!! he looks at the key and realizes the key is giving way not the oily contraption in the door.. he stops before he twists off the key. removes the entire once again pulls it out fiddles with it trying to figure outI can't speak civillyis wrong. all of the sudden he realizes it's open he'll i'll put it on the door close it and worry about it later yeah he may have to climb out the passengers side for a week but it's better than not being able to close it so he reassembles ti one last except for this time he hold onto the cylinder a little longer he plays with it's willingness to move freely liek he's done everytime he has his door apart. reinstalls in climbs in the drivers seat and slam hey it shut that time he reachs over to open the door from the outside (it's becoem instinct now) and pushes in the button in moves in but nodda happens oh well another day. he cleans up his mess. he's late picking his girl up but realizes in the middle of the movie "S.W.A.T." what he has done and screams "****" right in the middle of the movie (boy did he get a lot of SHHHHHs) he explained the whole thing to his girl and the elderly man behind him. The elderly man simply said sonny ur screwed and his girl just laughed at him~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~do you think you can help him

Old 08-29-2003, 06:37 PM
straight 6's
Junior User
Unhappy locked in ....no locked out!!...no in....okay both!

okay, I ended up on the fourth page with no replies I think I need to rephrase myself. my drivers side door is locked shut the mechansim is jammed it's not the lock cylinder how do i get my door open so i can install the "new" mechanism i got from the junkyard

Old 09-07-2003, 08:30 PM
bigreave
Senior User

Well I bought An 80 f100 where the passenger door and been hit and was simlialrry jammed . What I did was pull the panel off and pry the mechanism while my freind pulled The door. we tried several times and at some point we got it to pop open. So when end up breaking the striker wich led to a torch and vise grips but the door was open so my suggestion is try prying the mechanism from inside the door and you may be able to pop it open . Just a suggestion

Old 09-07-2003, 08:52 PM
kennyrrt
Senior User

Sounds like THE plan to me. Don't let the clips fly away, finding new ones is sometimes a bother.

Old 09-08-2003, 09:32 AM
Hedrednek
New User

Perhaps the key cylinder in the door is siezed? Or maybe one of the rods is somehow bent and binding?