New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New member!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 12:36 PM
skinnypartdeux
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New member!

Hey guys! I just got my account up and running! My short bio: I had a 2002 F-150 stepside and absolutely loved it! I traded it in (regrettably) for an SUV that suited my needs a little more at the time. That was about 10 years ago and I have missed ole Silver Bullet Sally ever since. Well, I've been looking for a project to tool around on, and last night I bought a 1986 F-150 stepside with the 351 windsor! The guy I bought it from recently had the top end rebuilt on the motor, and had numerous other mechanical parts replaced/repaired. She still needs some work, but I am super excited to dig in and get my hands dirty!
Right now, I plan on tightening the steering (LOTS of play in the wheel), loosening the throttle (the pedal is extremely stiff, most likely the throttle cable installed too close to the pivot on the carb), new tires and suspension. Those are the Have-to's, but the want-to's include refurbishing the interior (seat, door panels, gauge cluster and dash) and a nice thick coat of bedliner all over! This is the first carbed truck I've had, though I have worked on many fuel injected cars, and built several carbed motorcycles, so I think I'll be alright! But be prepared for many (likely) stupid question to come! I look forward to getting y'alls advice and wisdom on this beauty, and also sharing the build with you.

Here's a picture of my toy!

I probably won't get to actually start the project until after the holiday madness, but I just couldn't pass up this beauty!