2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Not a happy camper!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 04:42 PM
mbovinet
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a happy camper!

Dealer called me last Friday saying my truck was in and ready to go. I didn't think it was as I had called with the rail car info and it was headed south into Texas. I'm in Omaha NE is the issue.

Needless to say when I arrived they pulled out a Black F350 DRW Lariat. I ordered a F350 DRW Platinum in the Platinum White.

Rail car info says it was delivered into Mesquite Texas as of Saturday. Checked again on Monday and Tuesday and it's now with no status. Called the dealer they know nothing. Called Ford, they said it's in transit with no ETA. Called the railcar company it was with and they said it was in Texas but was transferred over to UP. Called UP and they won't speak with me on it.

So sorry from the rant. No clue what to do or expect. Pretty pissed at the whole ordeal as well as my ordering dealer.

Old 12-06-2016, 04:50 PM
rustyshakelford
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That was a heck of an oversight on the dealer part. Glad you didn't fly half way across the country to get it. Hopefully it'll be in the driveway soon!

Brett

Old 12-06-2016, 05:16 PM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts
Similar happened to me. My dealer called, I drove 1 ½ hrs to pick up and its not there...WTH? It was dropped off at another location and with luck it was only about 30 min away, so it cost an extra day, but I got it...

Old 12-06-2016, 05:36 PM
WolfFox
Senior User
Ford needs to have UPS deliver these trucks... Gezzz

Old 12-06-2016, 06:22 PM
nullop
Senior User
Originally Posted by WolfFox
amazons got 80 jets now. Prime 2 day delivery from factory?

Old 12-13-2016, 09:02 AM
mbovinet
Senior User
Finally got a call from my dealer. Sales manager says that somehow my truck along with several others were placed onto the wrong rail cars at the factory. So today makes day 12 it sits in Texas awaiting who knows what for who knows how long. Nobody knows or is willing to share what actually happened, how it happened or when things will be fixed. Truck still has no ETA

Old 12-13-2016, 10:14 AM
05yuk
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
That sucks. Hopefully the dealer can help make it right.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:15 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mbovinet
Finally got a call from my dealer. Sales manager says that somehow my truck along with several others were placed onto the wrong rail cars at the factory. So today makes day 12 it sits in Texas awaiting who knows what for who knows how long. Nobody knows or is willing to share what actually happened, how it happened or when things will be fixed. Truck still has no ETA
And the wait goes on while searching for answers without any clues! Well at least you have an explanation and now hopefully the cure will be soon at hand.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:34 AM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by mbovinet
When it happened to me, my dealer had an answer is less than one hour. Maybe because the truck it was on showed up and they asked the driver where the hell was my car.

In defense: There were 2 exact same same on his truck and he dropped both off at the same place my guess is due to a fast read of the manifest and thinking both went there.... But I had an answer and got it the next day with profuse apologies and even an offer to buy it back at $1000 over what I paid. I got a great deal on it as I was doing a consulting project for the parent company and included in my bid was the lowest internal selling price. Don't remember what plan it was but the deal was incredible, plus I got 0% interest.

This could be an opportunity for you to get something????

Old 12-13-2016, 11:23 AM
mbovinet
Senior User
Originally Posted by 17 Oaks
When it happened to me, my dealer had an answer is less than one hour. Maybe because the truck it was on showed up and they asked the driver where the hell was my car.

In defense: There were 2 exact same same on his truck and he dropped both off at the same place my guess is due to a fast read of the manifest and thinking both went there.... But I had an answer and got it the next day with profuse apologies and even an offer to buy it back at $1000 over what I paid. I got a great deal on it as I was doing a consulting project for the parent company and included in my bid was the lowest internal selling price. Don't remember what plan it was but the deal was incredible, plus I got 0% interest.

This could be an opportunity for you to get something????
I'm hoping to get at least $1000 more off the deal once and if the truck ever shows up. From them screwing the order up, having me come in to pick up a truck that wasn't mine and now having no clue where and when the real truck will ever show

Old 12-13-2016, 11:25 AM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Keep us in the loop on it, I got 0% for it being a day late, I'll take that anytime...

Old 12-13-2016, 11:27 AM
mbovinet
Senior User
Keep us in the loop on it, I got 0% for it being a day late, I'll take that anytime...
Will do sir. We're well past a day late so we'll see what happens

Old 12-13-2016, 11:32 AM
DingusKhan
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by WolfFox
Originally Posted by nullop
amazons got 80 jets now. Prime 2 day delivery from factory?
RIGHT ! ! !

Wish I could just fly over and get mine off the factory lot.

Old 12-13-2016, 11:38 AM
Skipdaddie
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did the dealer make this happen and eat the cost of 0% or did Ford Corporate offer it?

Old 12-13-2016, 11:58 AM
CincyPSD
Junior User
You: Ed, uh... this is not the car I ordered. I distinctly ordered the Antarctic Blue Super Sports Wagon with the C.B. and optional rally fun pack.

Dealer: You didn't order the metallic pea? i'll get to the bottom of this. Where's Davenport?? I know what happened. It must not have come in.

Quick Reply: Not a happy camper!