North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

Winter 2016/2017 General BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 09:32 AM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Winter 2016/2017 General BS Thread

It's cold and wet and far as I'm concerned winter is here. So let the winter general bs begin.

Bob has his lights going. Josh has water again. Larry is off for a month. Marty got a new trailer toy. Willie got his truck running smoothly. Dustin got a 4 wheeler project. Who else has what else going on?

Old 12-06-2016, 03:24 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
As cold and wet as it is today.....it's winter
C'mon heatwave!

Old 12-06-2016, 03:37 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It needs to stay cold until January 3rd, then it can be 70 again

Old 12-06-2016, 03:39 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 77mud
It needs to stay cold until January 3rd, then it can be 70 again
No it does not!

Old 12-06-2016, 04:24 PM
FuzzFace2
Fleet Owner
Received 2,101 Likes on 1,790 Posts
I can tell you it was cold & wet up in New Bern @ 6am. Was outside till about 8am off loading my truck. Was a wet drive back to Apex also.

Because of the rain & cold it is slow for cement so took tomorrow off to help fight this sinus infection with the drugs I got at Fast Med today.

Plan for over winter if not too cold in the garage and I get the parts needed from other members, hope to get them in place and get the front clip back on the truck.

If we get a warm day or 2 I will do bondo work and get paint inside the cab so I can get that back together.

Then again it is nice to sit in front of the fire place!
Dave ----

Old 12-07-2016, 03:45 AM
77mud
Lead Driver
I can tell you it lasted longer than that just down the road on Cherry Point! I start work at 0600, and it rained pretty much until 1300.

Originally Posted by ubereal2
No it does not!
Once hunting season is out, it can warm right on back up. Blitz sucks when it is 70 during hunting season, makes for some crappy days.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:40 AM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hear you Larry. I don't like to hunt when it's warm either. Plus you have less time to gut, skin, prep and get the deer on ice when it's warmer.

Luckily I got one the day after Thanksgiving. I hunted all day Wednesday. I mean all day. From 0 dark thirty to way past sunset. Spent Thursday with the family. Then got back in the woods Friday. Was back home with a deer in the truck before lunch. Got it processed last week at a new butcher. The ground deer and sausage is fantastic. Time to put some ducks in the freezer now.

I hope you get one during your time off.

Old 12-07-2016, 04:15 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
Thanks, I got 6 nice hams, and a couple shoulders in the freezer that is going to be turned into burger and Sausage.

Old 12-07-2016, 04:19 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
Training is going pretty good for the fire department, we got tossed in a smoked out training facility Monday night and had to reassemble our air packs then crawl out.

Tonight we get thrown in the "Entanglement box" guess we will see what that is all about....

Old 12-07-2016, 08:41 PM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I agree, cold, wet and dark way to early. I feel like I don't ever get to see sunlight right now, except through a window. Least I have that.

Glad to hear the training is going well Larry.

Cement you don't say, FuzzFace. Well now I know who to call when it's time to re-do the driveway.

Old 12-08-2016, 06:44 PM
FuzzFace2
Fleet Owner
Received 2,101 Likes on 1,790 Posts
Originally Posted by Benztechnc
I agree, cold, wet and dark way to early. I feel like I don't ever get to see sunlight right now, except through a window. Least I have that.

Glad to hear the training is going well Larry.

Cement you don't say, FuzzFace. Well now I know who to call when it's time to re-do the driveway.
When I say cement not the trucks with the big drums.
I drive a pneumatic trailer truck. I pick up the powdered cement from a depot and take it to the plants that add sand, rock & water and drop it in the drum trucks.

I also take to construction sites that use it for roofing. They also mix cement into dirt as a base for roads or large buildings before they pour the floors.

Today I did a load to Browns Summit to a place that does precast piping, 1 of 3 I deliver to.

Other than know that cement does not make good boots that is all I know about cement.
Dave ----

Old 12-09-2016, 02:59 AM
Cracker289
Fleet Mechanic
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Well, now Josh isn't the only one with water problems. Must be the season for it. I came home from work yesterday and heard hissing coming from under the floor, so I went in the crawl space and had a pipe with a leak spraying hot water. I put a patch on that and thought I was done. Now this morning, I'm up early and making coffee and I hear hissing very faintly, but coming from the water heater, so I pull the panel off and everything is wet. Tiny pin-hole leak on the incoming water line. This is all new, I just replaced this water heater and the supply lines in 2012! The damn copper feed line is still shiny, and it has a pin-hole leak. Crazy. I guess as soon as Lowes opens I have to run and get a new one. In the mean time I shut the water off, Sherry is not going to be happy when she wakes up at 6

Old 12-09-2016, 03:59 AM
77mud
Lead Driver
Pouring concrete is one job I don't miss, when I was growing up Dad owned/operated a small business. We did anything and everything from driveways, garages, footers and so on. Basically everything short of laying blocks, plumping and electrical.

Here it is Friday morning, and I'm still sore as **** from "The wall" a 16"x20" cut out in a piece of plywood that you had to crawl threw with a air packs on your back. Then the "Entanglement box" a 8' long, 2' tall/wide chute full of wires ran everywhere that again you had to get though with a air pack on your back. Needless to say neither one of those were fat guy friendly, however I'd like to think I made them my bitch, and those were the instructors words.

Old 12-09-2016, 05:23 PM
wp120470
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 77mud
Pouring concrete is one job I don't miss, when I was growing up Dad owned/operated a small business. We did anything and everything from driveways, garages, footers and so on. Basically everything short of laying blocks, plumping and electrical.

Here it is Friday morning, and I'm still sore as **** from "The wall" a 16"x20" cut out in a piece of plywood that you had to crawl threw with a air packs on your back. Then the "Entanglement box" a 8' long, 2' tall/wide chute full of wires ran everywhere that again you had to get though with a air pack on your back. Needless to say neither one of those were fat guy friendly, however I'd like to think I made them my bitch, and those were the instructors words.

He!! yeah brother.

Old 12-11-2016, 08:10 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Good morning North Carolina!

Man, it's another cool one outside. Been getting some Christmas shopping in the last couple of days. I'm really liking Amazon, but I did have to battle a crowd at Costco's yesterday, but made a couple of decent purchases.

I've asked Santa for a few things for the trucks. New door speakers to go with the new stereo for the 2013.
And Ka'Bluey needs all of the weather stripping for both door jambs and windows.

Shari's is battling a cold bug that's going around, but I think she's through the worse part of it. Sure hoping nobody is sick so we can get to the concert this coming up Wednesday evening.

Hope y'all are doing alright.
Keep warm

Quick Reply: Winter 2016/2017 General BS Thread