Dec 2016 chat

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 05:17 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Dec 2016 chat

Almost Christmas time.

We start the month with me in a wrist brace, Chief with a cut up finger. Hope everybody else is healthy

Old 12-01-2016, 07:26 PM
yankbs 66f100
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hugh, I'll stick with my scrapes, and bruises, you and Chief can have the rest. Hopefully your's isn't too bad being a brace, a cast would be worst. I have had an injury like Chief's over twenty years ago, and I felt the pain all over again when he told his story. With the start of a new month, and Christmas just over three weeks away, as I watch our new President in Ohio, I feel good about our future.

Old 12-01-2016, 08:25 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Bob
I ran a skill saw across a finger tip about 4 years ago. So I know the pain. The wrist is spring from where I tumbled down the ditch post accident. After you hit the deer and need tp P realize you are on top of a culvert before you head to the woods

Old 12-01-2016, 10:06 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow it sure has been a while. chief, where about is Yancey? I know a service writer at a Yancey. sorry to hear about the fingers but congratulations on the retirement.

Alex send me some photos of the truck. I'm not on the computer as it hasn't been hooked up yet and I'm still a mess of sorts

hugh, that acreage is going to be nice
send me some pics of the truck too!

I've been working an insane amount but banking. went to Georgia for 3 days for thanksgiving and come back to work slammed down busy. a coworker is quitting so I will be taking over his eengine rebuild and the classic car mechanical while still doing my body and restorations and newer car mechanical stuff.

I don't know if I told yall I bought a new truck. Dodge head gaskets blew out, so coolant goes everywhere when you start and run it, and the ford transmission took a crap. every seal on it internal and external gave out so the 66 will be blown apart, paint body and body and finish the frame, then I'll swap the trans for a tci unit and beef the motor up.

my shop has carpet all around it too. people we kicked out left me 20x120 foot roll of indoor outdoor carpet so I laid it out. Texas is colder than Georgia, so working out there is slow when it gets too cold. I have everything how I want I'm just trying to find the time to tackle the 25 hour timing chain/head gasket parts on the dodge hoping I don't need to send heads out for valve job and shaving. the ford shouldn't be too bad, I'll have to pony up some beers for 4 or more people to help get the cab and bed off the truck so I can really get into it. I've also got a 6.0 ls and sbf 5.0 I will build and do something with.

holidays are coming up and I'll be flying back to Georgia again for Christmas and I have to get out my huge jobs at work before then and find time to shop.

Old 12-02-2016, 04:22 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Jacob
I was going to PM you the link but you inbox is full

https://goo.gl/photos/xJzgBtfF38SZD4rc7

We will be in Tx for Christmas the 21st thru the 27th

Old 12-02-2016, 10:02 AM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
Where at in texas?

I cleaned the inbox out to

Old 12-02-2016, 10:50 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Ft worth 1234r6

Old 12-02-2016, 05:38 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I work at the main shop in Austell.
Found my fingernail in the engine compartment today, completely in tact. Still no idea what I could have hit it on to do that much damage. I got the old engine out, everything off the old engine and switched over to the the new engine and have it mounted back in the engine bay.

Old 12-02-2016, 06:37 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ChiefM
I work at the main shop in Austell.
Found my fingernail in the engine compartment today, completely in tact. Still no idea what I could have hit it on to do that much damage. I got the old engine out, everything off the old engine and switched over to the the new engine and have it mounted back in the engine bay.
So how you going to get all the grease of that white bandage?

Picked up the radiator from the shop today. $85.00 to vat ,rod and fix a few leaks. Water pump is here. Hopefully I can get them in tomorrow.

Got back out to the land and got the tractor back up and running. That attachment I put in the bucket works great did this in about an hour

Old 12-02-2016, 07:12 PM
yankbs 66f100
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A little Gorilla glue, and you could put that thumbnail back on Chief.

That's a lot of work Hugh, but take your time, that tractor looks like it will do the job.

Time for the weekend fun to start over again.

Old 12-02-2016, 07:16 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
I going to get as much done as I can over the winter before everything greens back up.

In addition to knowing where junkyards are at, I learning where all the tractor houses are at

Old 12-02-2016, 09:16 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
Quicker recovery. I lost a nail this week

What's a weekend? Haha

Coworker that quit today, his brother had his families "spare" car audi s5 last night, rolled that ****. Got towed to my shop today. If I could show pics from my phone yall wouldn't believe me. Blood on the roof, door, and interior and the kid lived.....

Old 12-03-2016, 03:42 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
were drugs or booze involved?

Old 12-03-2016, 05:53 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by yankbs 66f100
A little Gorilla glue, and you could put that thumbnail back on Chief.
I think I'm good

We have nitril gloves, so I just taped it real good over my finger and splint.

Attached a pic with the engine and cooling package removed. The new engine is now attached to the transmission and I just have to reconnect everything now. Waiting for the radiator to come back for the radiator shop and that can be installed. Hope to have it completed by Wednesday at the latest.

Attached Images  
Old 12-03-2016, 06:04 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
must be radiator at the shop week got mine back yesterday. Waterpump came in from rock, opened the box and the dam gasket was ripped. so since I waiting on a reply on the antifreeze to come in (it was cheaper to order it) and it not raining going to be another day on the tractor

Quick Reply: Dec 2016 chat