S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

December All Topics - everyone's welcome!

Old 12-13-2016, 12:13 AM
OldBlackCat
Fleet Mechanic
Received 47 Likes on 17 Posts
for what they are they rip!

ive been racing pretty regularly on tuesday nights at a track in santa clarita. been running the stock buggy class and have been itching to try the short course class.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:20 AM
w6pea
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well guy's and gal's, I am going to say good bye. I went and researched for almost 2 years. I made the decision to purchase a Ram 2500 Laramie. And the Ford Motor company can thank their back stabbing and Flim Flam Salesman. The straw that broke the camels back was the fact that i went to the Ford Dealership less than one mile from my home, I walked around their lot there were six salesman standing around an F-450 Lariat I walked up and looked inside. They were talk among themselves. I walked around that lot. Then I walked inside the show room and tried to find a brochure on the Super Duty Trucks. There was an F150 Platinum sitting in the showroom.
It was a rainy day (odd for San Diego) I was wearing a Oilskin coat, blue work pants' blue work shirt and a baseball cap. I drove in the lot in my 1995 Ford F250 Super Cab, XLT.
Not one salesman approached me for almost 45min. I had a salesman walk up behind me and ask me in Spanish if I would like some help. No way shape or form do I look Latino.
I have been dealing with this Ford Dealership since I moved into my condo in 1989.
Because of this dealership the Ford Motor Company lost the sale of two brand new vehicles. A Super Duty Truck and a 4x4 Explorer to be towed behind my RV, I am eligible for the Ford X Plan. (I have relatives that work or are retired from Ford Motor Co,) I have in my entire life driven Ford products. Here is a picture of my new Ram 2500 Laramie
Remember keep the tires down, Season's Greetings.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:54 AM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 928 Likes on 676 Posts
Sorry to hear that story w6, but I like to think our little community is more than just Ford Trucks. Consider keeping in touch with us; I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of your adventures in the Ram from time to time. A pretty smart guy once told me: 'Friendships & acquaintances we develop here go beyond vehicles'.

Old 12-13-2016, 11:02 AM
w6pea
Tuned
Originally Posted by wpnaes
Sorry to hear that story w6, but I like to think our little community is more than just Ford Trucks. Consider keeping in touch with us; I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of your adventures in the Ram from time to time. A pretty smart guy once told me: 'Friendships & acquaintances we develop here go beyond vehicles'.
Thank You. I think my membership goes on for a few more months. I was thinking about telling the name of the Ford Dealership, but I called customer service at Ford Motor Credit and they didn't really seem to care . Oh well!

Old 12-13-2016, 12:06 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts
You're going to love that Ram, I'm sure. They are building a heck of a truck these days. And you don't have to drive a Ford to hang with your friends here.

I was taken aback for a moment with your post. I always get you and wb6anp mixed up, and a new Super Duty just followed him home recently.

Enjoy the new truck. I vote for a Wrangler to tow behind the RV.

Old 12-13-2016, 12:15 PM
w6pea
Tuned
Originally Posted by bpounds
You're going to love that Ram, I'm sure. They are building a heck of a truck these days. And you don't have to drive a Ford to hang with your friends here.

I was taken aback for a moment with your post. I always get you and wb6anp mixed up, and a new Super Duty just followed him home recently.

Enjoy the new truck. I vote for a Wrangler to tow behind the RV.
I bought my wife a Jeep Grand Cherokee. My Ram Truck is in the picture behind our Jeep. It looks like my truck gave birth.

Name:  Jeep Grand Cherokee 3 IMG_0606-1.JPG
Views: 173
Size:  92.3 KB

Old 12-13-2016, 12:24 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Originally Posted by w6pea
I bought my wife a Jeep Grand Cherokee. My Ram Truck is in the picture behind our Jeep. It looks like my truck gave birth.

Yeah, I saw you over on JF last week. Didn't know if you were going to tow the WK, or if they were okay to flat tow.

Old 12-13-2016, 12:35 PM
w6pea
Tuned
Originally Posted by bpounds
Yeah, I saw you over on JF last week. Didn't know if you were going to tow the WK, or if they were okay to flat tow.
As long as you have the Quadra Trac II transfer case. But it just about at the tow limitations for weight, for the RV we have. We were looking at a Jeep Cherokee I couldn't get my fat as% in it.
I might get a Jayco class-c with a Ram 5500 and IL6 6.7L CTD. Some time next year.

Old 12-13-2016, 07:02 PM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I've been down that road a few times Trey. I recall downshifting to 2 to keep from going over the limit. Hope it was a great weekend!

hopefully you didn't have to fill up fuel at Furnace Creek, Stovepipe Wells or Panamint Valley.

No I didn't! I made it from Techachapi to Death Valley, putted around there for three days, and back to Trona before I filled up. I only put in $10 in Trona to get me to Ridgecrest. Turns out I would have made it anyway, but only just.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:02 PM
Yama4fitty
Elder User
Hello Trey,

When were you on Fillmore SAR. I was with them for about 3 years, '03-'06. Still keep in touch with quite a few of them.

Chris

Old 12-14-2016, 02:40 AM
w6pea
Tuned
Originally Posted by SpringerPop
Yeah, fuel gets kinda' "pricey" up there.

Pop
Fuel isn't so bad in Death Valley, try buying fuel in Lee Vinning, The same crook owns all of the gas stations in Lee Vinng and in Bridgeport. There is where they get expensive. We were in that area in March and again October Gas was $5.99 a Gal. Diesel was $4.98 a Gal. and that was cash price $0.20 more for using any credit card.

Old 12-14-2016, 08:36 AM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 928 Likes on 676 Posts
Old 12-14-2016, 09:25 AM
bpounds
Hotshot

Yes. No workie.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:36 AM
bpounds
Hotshot
Originally Posted by w6pea
Fuel isn't so bad in Death Valley, try buying fuel in Lee Vinning, The same crook owns all of the gas stations in Lee Vinng and in Bridgeport. There is where they get expensive. We were in that area in March and again October Gas was $5.99 a Gal. Diesel was $4.98 a Gal. and that was cash price $0.20 more for using any credit card.

Has always been high north of Bishop. I didn't know about the monopoly guy. I always just figured it was supply and demand.

I assume you know about the Mobil in Lee Vining. You have to turn west on CA120 to enter. I paid around $3.50 for diesel in Oct and Nov. About $1 more than it was going for at home. If I need to fill up north of Bishop, that is where I try to go. A very nice 2 side dump station too. The store and deli was closed for the year when I was there in Nov, but the pumps were still open. And they had the outside restroom open with an electric heater running. I thought that was nice of them. Even though it probably had more to do with state regulations, and keeping the plumbing from freezing up.

Old 12-14-2016, 10:13 AM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
Went through there last Wednesday night, but had filled in Reno.

I'll tuck away that info about Mr. Monopoly.

Pop

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: December All Topics - everyone's welcome!