1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Early Ford Dually in Police Chase with Trailer Attached

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 07:53 AM
Pocketlint
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Early Ford Dually in Police Chase with Trailer Attached

Well thought some might find this was interesting, it was definitely crazy. This chase is from 2004 and this truck was pulling an enclosed trailer andrunning from the cops.

This was one of those chases that had some WTF moments, but I will say that Ford dually performed really well

Old 12-01-2016, 02:50 PM
cyncwby
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Being a Police Officer in So. Cal. for 33 yrs. I did get into quite a few pursuits ....but never one like that pulling a trailer. Pursuits are very scary deals cuz the crook doesn't care who he hurts or kills just as long as he gets away...... but the officer is liable for EVERYTHING.

Old 12-01-2016, 03:00 PM
don123
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
That idiot deserves a good *** kicking after that. Think of the people he could have injured or killed.

Old 12-01-2016, 04:23 PM
Pocketlint
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by cyncwby
Being a Police Officer in So. Cal. for 33 yrs. I did get into quite a few pursuits ....but never one like that pulling a trailer. Pursuits are very scary deals cuz the crook doesn't care who he hurts or kills just as long as he gets away...... but the officer is liable for EVERYTHING.

When I first saw this I was just amazed someone would drive like that with a trailer attached , especially when you see how that trailer was flailing around and fishtailing like crazy and then on top of that that trailer has a tire gone and the sparks are just flying.

I dont know what brand of hitch that was but I will say this it must have been a good one cause I thought for sure a few times that the trailer was going to go flying off in some of those turns. I am sure buddy must be rattling the bars for a long time after that

Old 12-01-2016, 04:50 PM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
That 6.0 was running great that day huh! I feel bad for the contractor who owns the truck and trailer, dude has his lively hood stolen, some a hole wrecks his trailer and who knows what damage to the guys tools inside the trailer. And how about his truck? It's probably ok but who knows, so now he's equipment will be impounded and he's gotta go through insurance and wait months to have his trailer repaired or replaced and guess who suffers? The contractor! He can't do his job and his insurance premiums will go up and most likely the insurance won't pay 100% so he'll be going into his pocket to get stuff back to normal

Old 12-02-2016, 06:53 PM
Pocketlint
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by SuperDutyScaler
That 6.0 was running great that day huh! I feel bad for the contractor who owns the truck and trailer, dude has his lively hood stolen, some a hole wrecks his trailer and who knows what damage to the guys tools inside the trailer. And how about his truck? It's probably ok but who knows, so now he's equipment will be impounded and he's gotta go through insurance and wait months to have his trailer repaired or replaced and guess who suffers? The contractor! He can't do his job and his insurance premiums will go up and most likely the insurance won't pay 100% so he'll be going into his pocket to get stuff back to normal
Agree with you. And the real stinker if the guys is a contractor is he either has to rent or buy another trialer to use in the mean time and if any of his tool got wrecked or trash, it is the same thing you have to buy the tools you need and then submit your receipts and wait for the insurance to pony up a cheque.

And usually the insurance will give you a rental but usually it is some truck or can or SUV you can use to tow with, so you may have to kick in the difference unless you asked when you got your coverage for a rental vehicles that would fit your needs to pull a heavy trailer.

The way that theif was driving I would be surprised if that truck suffered some damage to it, the guys was off roading and jumping curbs and what not I'd bet it took some hits to the components underneath

Old 12-02-2016, 07:13 PM
Pocketlint
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by SuperDutyScaler
Agree with you. And the real stinker if the guys is a contractor is he either has to rent or buy another trialer to use in the mean time and if any of his tool got wrecked or trash, it is the same thing you have to buy the tools you need and then submit your receipts and wait for the insurance to pony up a cheque.

And usually the insurance will give you a rental but usually it is some truck or can or SUV you can use to tow with, so you may have to kick in the difference unless you asked when you got your coverage for a rental vehicles that would fit your needs to pull a heavy trailer.

The way that theif was driving I would be surprised if that truck suffered some damage to it, the guys was off roading and jumping curbs and what not I'd bet it took some hits to the components underneath