Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

The PA Chapter's "Ho Ho...No!" December 2016 Chat and B/S Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 09:01 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,040 Likes on 4,148 Posts
Good morning PA Peoples...Happy Weekend Eve!!!

Congrats on your anniversary Steve!!!

Old 12-02-2016, 09:02 AM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Received 82 Likes on 69 Posts
Morning Steve and Neil.

Interesting story on the broken leg, Steve. I've never realized that there was a risk with a broken leg of growth being stunted and one leg ending up shorter. Maybe it was just because you were a kid at the time? Knock on laminate covered particle board, I've never broken any bones to this point.

I'll be burning through money this December, but not gifts - time to buy some upgrades and such for the trucks.

Old 12-02-2016, 09:08 AM
svolpone
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by liftnw8z
Morning Steve and Neil.

I've never broken any bones to this point.
How is that even possible? I've broken eight different bones in my life. You're not trying hard enough!

Old 12-02-2016, 09:18 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
Good morning PA, a day late checking in, but, I'm here! Stuck in training yesterday, and I've got a few things to get done this morning, be back in a bit!

Old 12-02-2016, 09:29 AM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 304 Likes on 279 Posts
Originally Posted by liftnw8z
Morning Steve and Neil.

Interesting story on the broken leg, Steve. I've never realized that there was a risk with a broken leg of growth being stunted and one leg ending up shorter. Maybe it was just because you were a kid at the time? Knock on laminate covered particle board, I've never broken any bones to this point.
The only bone I have broken was the last knuckle joint on my right index finger. I was 5 or so and was getting out of my uncle's pickup and I back handed the door close and caught the tip of my finger between the door and the door jamb. That SOB hit like a mother and had to wait for someone to open the door in order to get my finger out!

Ironically I just noticed that the tip of that finger is shorter than the left index finger.

Old 12-02-2016, 09:48 AM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Originally Posted by svolpone
How is that even possible? I've broken eight different bones in my life. You're not trying hard enough!
lol, clearly I am not. I think the worst injury I had was the shard of glass that went through my wrist...fractions away from the major arm vein...fun times.

Originally Posted by 67nukeford
Good morning PA, a day late checking in, but, I'm here! Stuck in training yesterday, and I've got a few things to get done this morning, be back in a bit!
Morning Pat. Training sounds like so much fun...not really.

Originally Posted by tiny1
The only bone I have broken was the last knuckle joint on my right index finger. I was 5 or so and was getting out of my uncle's pickup and I back handed the door close and caught the tip of my finger between the door and the door jamb. That SOB hit like a mother and had to wait for someone to open the door in order to get my finger out!

Ironically I just noticed that the tip of that finger is shorter than the left index finger.
Been lucky I guess - but I've torn plenty of ligaments in fingers, knees, ankles, etc. No surgery to fix them either. I'll be that guy getting stuff replaced in 20 years lol.

Old 12-02-2016, 10:20 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,076 Likes on 978 Posts
Morning PA. My, my, youse guys are accidents waiting to happen!

Old 12-02-2016, 12:17 PM
svolpone
Post Fiend
I've had surgery on my collar bone, shoulder, back, tonsils, appendix and hernia. of all of them, the hernia was by far the worse pain i've ever felt.

Old 12-02-2016, 12:32 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
Good Lord, 8? Sheesh, we need to roll you up in bubble wrap!!

Old 12-02-2016, 12:35 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Originally Posted by 67nukeford
Good Lord, 8? Sheesh, we need to roll you up in bubble wrap!!
Hahaha....

I've had surgery on my collar bone, shoulder, back, tonsils, appendix and hernia. of all of them, the hernia was by far the worse pain i've ever felt.
I've heard that one. We have a guy here who just came back from hernia surgery and he is still miserable.

Old 12-02-2016, 06:57 PM
Pgh Rebel
Fleet Mechanic
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Bill you need to get with the program and start breakin' stuff already! You got a lotta catching up to do!
Steve, I got plenty of bubble wrap at work. Stop by sometime I'll fix you up in a body suit!
I've busted a wrist, a toe (still not sure how that happened), and cracked a few ribs. So far the ribs were the most painful. I am falling short on surgeries, though. But I do have a minor throat surgery coming up in January so I can add that to my list.

On to another topic, am I the only one here who really does not like Christmas? Especially what our wonderful retail market has done to it? Every year I dread the Christmas season, and I just try to survive. Hi, my name is Ebenezer Scrooge, nice to meet you!

Old 12-03-2016, 09:56 AM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Morning folks and happy Saturday. Cold out there so I think I will work indoors today.

Rebel, I am not the biggest fan of Commercial-mas either. It's not that I don't think people should buy gifts and such but it feels like you get beaten over the head with it from October to the end of the year. It has turned into being all about money.

Old 12-03-2016, 11:02 AM
svolpone
Post Fiend
hi guys. Rebel, i hate the commercialization, too. my wife and i are exchanging one gift each this year. pretty happy about that. i used to feel so much pressure to go out and spend a certain amount of money to get her stuff she didn't need or want. we talked about that and figured it was stupid.

Old 12-04-2016, 09:51 AM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Morning folks and happy Sunday. Sinuses are pounding today so who knows what I will get done.

Steve, I have saved tons of money on gifts by switching to single too...lol

Old 12-04-2016, 01:58 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
Hello Pennsylvania...enjoy your Sunday.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The PA Chapter's "Ho Ho...No!" December 2016 Chat and B/S Thread