Florida Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Ronnie Shierling

Looking for a good shop in southeast florida

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 12:12 PM
Robert566
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Looking for a good shop in southeast florida

Hi Everyone, wanted to introduce myself and ask a favor. I'm new to the Florida chapter, but was involved in the forum when I lived in Seattle Wa. I knew this was my first stop at finding great information about my 64-66 F100.

I finally after about 10 years of searching and learning about 64-66 F100 have purchase the truck I always wanted. A 64-66 F100, with round speedo. I intend to use the truck for pleasure rides and runs to the hardware store. I purchase the truck from Georgia and I wanted to try and find a shop or mechanic who could work on my truck and help prioritize what is needed to make it a solid running truck. Presently everything is working and it can be driven for long periods of time. But it needs a rear brake job and because this is my first pickup of that era, I was hoping someone could take a look and let me know what needs to be address now and in the future. I want to keep it as it is, stock, not interested in making it a show vehicle, but I want a well maintained running vehicle, So assessing the engine, suspension, brakes, electric and anything else regarding a good mechanically sound truck is my first priority. Can anyone recommend or even good advise as how to approach this. I know finding a mechanic who is familiar as well as reasonable regarding pricing is invaluable, hope someone can help. I live in Delray Beach but I'm willing to drive up to hr to get the work done.

Thanks for reading and I really enjoyed reading thru the threads of other members. I'm always learning something each time I visit the site.

Thanks Robert

Old 11-09-2016, 10:20 AM
gatorfor88
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
These trucks are so simple that if you have any mechanical ability at all everything you mention is doable by yourself. I dont live down there but if you don't feel comfortable doing the work yourself, you should do a search and check BBB ratings. Honestly though todays "technicians" may not be able to do anything with a points ignition system. And wont have a clue about carburetors.
And may not be able to even repair brakes. So they may have a lot of high $$ tools that are no good for 60's era vehicles. Possibly you will find some "old" mechanic that has worked on this stuff all his life, but I suspect they are getting rare.