General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Standing Rock Live: Water Protectors Face Off with Police Oct. 15, 2016

Old 11-13-2016, 05:56 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Neil Young turned 71 yesterday. Happy birthday Neil Young! He’s spoken out against the Dakota Access Pipeline and recorded a song about it called “Indian Givers,” and to celebrate his birthday, he traveled to the Standing Rock Reservation to walk around and play some music for the protesters.

got my birthday wish today
my girl took me to #StandWithStandingRock
#WaterIsLife
those who damage Mother Earth
damage us all

Neil Young Performs At Standing Rock - Stereogum

NEIL YOUNG LYRICS
"Indian Givers"

There's a battle raging on the sacred land
Our brothers and sisters had to take a stand
Against us now for what we all been doin'
On the sacred land there's a battle brewin'

I wish somebody would share the news

Now it's been about 500 years

We keep taking what we gave away
Just like what we call Indian givers
It makes you sick and gives you shivers

Big money going backwards and ripping the soil

Where graves are scattered and blood was boiled
When all who look can see the truth
But they just move on and keep their groove

Saw Happy locked to the big machine

They had to cut him loose and you know what that means
That's when Happy went to jail
Behind big money justice always fails

Bring back the days when good was good

Lose these imposters in our neighborhood
Across our farms and through our waters
All at the cost of our sons and squaw daughters
Yeah our brave sons and daughters

We're all here together fighting poison waters
Standing against the evil way
That's what we have at the end of day

Old 11-14-2016, 03:13 PM
old farm truck
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The best way to fight big oil is finishing this pipeline. So the little guy with a couple of wells can get his oil to market. Prices are stuck at $50 a barrel because the cost of freighting oil by rail is too high. Finish the pipeline and gas will be back down to $1 a gallon.

Battery cars are a dead end because we don't have clean renewable power to charge them. And if you try building a hydroelectric dam you will run into the same leftist rent-a-mob.

Very important Harvard study says Hydroelectric dams spike methylmercury risk for indigenous people

The intake where the Indians get their water is already scheduled to be shut down because water levels there are too low. The new one is 70 miles south of the proposed pipeline.

The pipeline will go through a tunnel 90 feet below the riverbed. With automated systems to detect leaks. Everything is being done to minimize the risk.

Meanwhile there are several other pipelines crossing the Missouri river on bridges which are not nearly as safe as tunneling 90 feet under. Why aren't the Indians trying to shut down those pipelines threatening mother earth?

If the Sioux are so concerned about their water safety why did they refuse to meet with the army corps of engineers and discuss these issues before the project began?

It's very telling that the Indians waited until the pipeline was already half finished before putting up roadblocks. They gain nothing if the project had never gone ahead. Only by delaying it's completion can they receive a bribe.

Jesse Jackson first black president of the Sierra Club

Old 11-14-2016, 05:30 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Oklahomans to 'Stand With Standing Rock' / Dallas Activists To Hold Rally In Solidarity With Standing Rock

OKLAHOMA CITY (KOKH) — A group of Oklahomans will join a national movement this week in protest of the controversial Dakota Access Pipeline.

On Tuesday, November 15, a coalition calling themselves 'Oklahoma Stands With Standing Rock' will join together at the Skydance Pedestrian Bridge at 9 a.m. in Downtown OKC for a global day of solidarity with the Standing Rock Sioux tribe of North Dakota.

Oklahomans to 'Stand With Standing Rock' | KOKH

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The fight to block construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline heads to downtown Dallas tomorrow.

WHERE: US Army Corps of Engineers ofc, Earle Cabell Federal Bldg., 1100 Commerce St., Dallas
WHEN: 4:00pm – 7:00pm, Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Dallas Activists To Hold Rally In Solidarity With Standing Rock « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

Old 11-15-2016, 05:23 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
How You Can Stand With Standing Rock
Today’s #NoDAPL action targets the Army Corps of Engineers. Watch this video—then call them.

https://www.thenation.com/article/ho...standing-rock/

Just before 9 a.m., the demonstrators began marching up Market Street, blocking traffic in both directions.

The protesters marched to the Army Corps of Engineers offices on Market Street, between 10th and 11th streets, where they locked arms and blocked access to the building, including the back doors on Mission Street.

Market Street in SF reopens after Dakota Access Pipeline protest - SFGate

About 100 demonstrators organized under the Skydance Bridge in downtown Oklahoma City in response to a nationwide call to action from the Sioux Tribe in North Dakota.

They believe water is life, and they are hopeful protests around the country will slow progress on the North Dakota Access Pipeline, which runs through the tribe's water supply.

"It's a wonderful feeling to see the community come together for the betterment of the society we all live in," said Chebon Kernell, who is a Native American liaison, with the United Methodist Church. "We all have the same hopes to live a life of wellness and safety."

Oklahomans stand in solidarity with Standing Rock protestors | KFOR.com

Old 11-16-2016, 06:19 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
VIDEO: Dakota Access Pipeline Protests Spread to 300 Cities as Pipeline Owner Sues to Continue Construction | Democracy Now!

The Standing Rock Sioux tribal council has voted to ask a camp known for its militant anti-pipeline protesters to pack their bags while also preparing for a possible lawsuit against law enforcement.

the panel voted 10-0 “to ask Red Warrior Camp to leave,”
an apparent sign of the tribe’s uneasiness with the increasingly aggressive tactics used by some activists fighting the Dakota Access pipeline.

At the same time, the council voted to set aside $200,000 for a “possible class action lawsuit” and raise funds with the Oneida tribe for “possible civil litigation stemming from alleged law enforcement civil rights violations.”

Standing Rock Sioux votes to expel rowdy protesters while weighing lawsuit against police - Washington Times

Old 11-16-2016, 09:01 PM
BruteFord
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So how do these protests help?

Old 11-18-2016, 05:55 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Old 11-19-2016, 12:35 PM
old farm truck
Elder User
the perpetrators of the American Holocaust drew on the same ideologies as would later the architects of the **** Holocaust. (source)

A Harsh Reminder of What Really Happened to Native Americans as we Stand With Standing Rock -
Arjun Walia - November 17, 2016
There was no genocide. Most of the Indians died of disease without ever having seen a white person. They had no horses or cattle so no immunity to anything.

Look at all the other countries that Europe colonized. Africa has over a billion people. Why didn't we kill them all and take their land?

Old 11-19-2016, 01:00 PM
DieselCamper
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by old farm truck
There was no genocide. Most of the Indians died of disease without ever having seen a white person. They had no horses or cattle so no immunity to anything.

Look at all the other countries that Europe colonized. Africa has over a billion people. Why didn't we kill them all and take their land?
To be fair, Europe had contact with Africa for thousands of years. Rome and Carthage, Rome and the Numidians, etc. Etc. Not defending anyone, just stating facts.

Old 11-19-2016, 01:04 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by old farm truck
There was no genocide.

Yes, Native Americans Were the Victims of Genocide

Old 11-19-2016, 01:36 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by BruteFord
So how do these protests help?
“There’s an awakening happening now,” he said, “and First Nations around the world are leading that awakening.”

For native Americans, pipeline sparks climate awakening - CSMonitor.com

before standing rock took a stand to protect our water, did you know how damaging pipelines are to our planet?
(even if they might be the overall "best" method to get our oil to us)

Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT
if not.............mission accomplished.therefore even if (which is of course,most likely the case) the pipeline goes in, those standing at standing rock,have already won.

you can stand with standing rock as well simply by sharing what's going on at standing rock with one of your friends or family.that's all it takes.just a 10 second e-mail link sent to someone you think hasn't heard about the latest events.either a link here or just one random news clip so they know to search latest news.

those against standing rock,inadvertently support standing rock by simply talking about it as well.....and that's ok with me.
every comment against or for the discussion of standing rock brings awareness to the movement.therefore every comment,is an automatic win for standing rock.

Old 11-19-2016, 02:25 PM
old farm truck
Elder User
any one of five acts is considered genocide if "committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group"

Yes, Native Americans Were the Victims of Genocide

On August 17, 1862, one young Dakota with a hunting party of three others killed five settlers while on a hunting expedition. That night a council of Dakota decided to attack settlements throughout the Minnesota River valley to try to drive whites out of the area. There has never been an official report on the number of settlers killed, although in Abraham Lincoln's second annual address, he noted that not less than 800 men, women, and children had died.

"The daughter of Mr. Schwandt, enceinte [pregnant], was cut open, as was learned afterward, the child taken alive from the mother, and nailed to a tree. The son of Mr. Schwandt, aged thirteen years, who had been beaten by the Indians, until dead, as was supposed, was present, and saw the entire tragedy. He saw the child taken alive from the body of his sister, Mrs. Waltz, and nailed to a tree in the yard. It struggled some time after the nails were driven through it! This occurred in the forenoon of Monday, 18th of August, 1862."

Nice people the Sioux.

Old 11-19-2016, 03:44 PM
BruteFord
Postmaster

those against standing rock,inadvertently support standing rock by simply talking about it as well.....and that's ok with me.
every comment against or for the discussion of standing rock brings awareness to the movement.therefore every comment,is an automatic win for standing rock.
Yeah, uhm no.

Old 11-19-2016, 03:45 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
horrific.talk to the tribe today and see if they condone such acts.

what celebration do we still have today?

In the year 1500, Columbus wrote:

“A hundred castellanoes are as easily obtained for a woman as for a farm, and it is very general and there are plenty of dealers who go about looking for girls; those from nine to ten are now in demand.”

Columbus Used Natives as Dog Food

Apparently, Columbus allowed his men to use the Natives as dog food. It’s reported there were butcher shops throughout the Caribbean that sold Indian flesh, and periodically, a practice known as the montería infernal (infernal chase) was conducted in which Indians were hunted down, killed, and eaten by the Spaniard’s war-dogs. In an even more horrifying act, live babies were ripped from their mother’s arms and fed to the dogs as sport.

nice us government to bring honor to such a man every year.

Old 11-19-2016, 03:53 PM
BruteFord
Postmaster
horrific.talk to the tribe today and see if they condone such acts.
No ut uh, you can't have it both ways. You can't claim history that supports your side while ignoring history that doesn't.

Look I don't really want to start a thing with you I heard where you stand and that's enough for me for the most part. But I disagree with just about everything you claim here.

By every reasonable measure the pipeline is a good thing.

By every reasonable measure the tribe is not being harmed.

Taken as a whole Native Americans have been treated VERY WELL.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Standing Rock Live: Water Protectors Face Off with Police Oct. 15, 2016