2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Show some FUN pics of your 2017.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 10:49 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Looks awesome! I love that color. It's almost camouflage against the red rocks.

Old 11-01-2016, 10:53 PM
Plowjocky
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First 100 miles

Thought I attached both pictures.

Old 11-01-2016, 11:24 PM
Kenv
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Birthday party at friend's ranch

Old 11-02-2016, 01:45 AM
JoelPM
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A couple pics at Vasquez Rocks:

I'd like to level it and put some different tires on eventually, but for now I'm just enjoying it. (My first post and also my first Super Duty.)

Old 11-02-2016, 05:18 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 533 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by HoustonianDale
Are these plows for long drives or are county or city services not to be counted on? Sorry, my username explains my ignorance on this.
Up here in NH where I live, there are tons of pickup trucks with plows. It is so popular to plow with these trucks most dealers will not sell a Super Duty without the Snow Plow package because if you plow without it, the warranty can be voided (why, I have no idea...Ford's rule).

A lot of people simply use them to plow their driveways, but others will indeed contract out to plow small parking lots or other driveways.

We typically get enough snow to where you will never see a pickup truck plowing a parking lot of any size...those are all plowed by Front End Loaders with 15' box plows with hydraulic wings. Basically come winter time, all the Wal-Marts, Home Depots, and grocery stores will suddenly have one, two, or three Caterpillar or Deere front-end loaders parked off in the corner with these plows in place of the usual bucket. The loaders have the power to push a lot of snow over a long distance AND they can pile it high at the ends of and in the middle of parking lots. A 20' tall pile of snow in several places in not terribly unusual.

Our highway department uses a fleet of Ford F-550 4x4 diesel dump trucks with 10' highway plows and 8' wing plows, plus sander / salter units in the back. This size truck is generally better for all the tighter side streets and the 4x4 allows the trucks to plow up steep hills. For main roads, we use International WorkStar trucks. Finally, we actually have a few SRW F-350 diesels with 8.5' angle plows on them for small streets, typically dead ends.
Interestingly, there are still about five or six 6.0L Powerstroke trucks in the fleet; the rest are 6.7's now. We skipped the 6.4L generation completely.

So there is a little lesson on snow plowing for Houstonian Dale!

Old 11-02-2016, 08:41 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I might add to Trove's excellent description that our town here in Western NY where we get extensive Lake Effect Snowfall from both Lake Erie and Lake Ontario also uses a CAT road grader fitted with a turnable V plow and left and right wing plows. A close by town uses a 10' wide snowblower (as does the airport) on an Oshkosh truck and if needed they help their neighbors clear huge drifts. Some of the other towns have fitted 16' (I guess) plows to the largest series John Deere track tractors. Snow is serious and expensive winter time business. And yes we have the F550 s too and the night duty watch in particular patrols the roads looking for wet spots which have frozen over to ensure all the salt possible is applied to the highways.

Old 11-02-2016, 08:52 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 533 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by Rasalas
I might add to Trove's excellent description that our town here in Western NY where we get extensive Lake Effect Snowfall from both Lake Erie and Lake Ontario also uses a CAT road grader fitted with a turnable V plow and left and right wing plows. A close by town uses a 10' wide snowblower (as does the airport) on an Oshkosh truck and if needed they help their neighbors clear huge drifts. Some of the other towns have fitted 16' (I guess) plows to the largest series John Deere track tractors. Snow is serious and expensive winter time business. And yes we have the F550 s too and the night duty watch in particular patrols the roads looking for wet spots which have frozen over to ensure all the salt possible is applied to the highways.
When I lived in Northern MN, they used a lot of road graders to plow the roads too. I've seen them with plows on the very front of the wheels, as well as the grader blade in the middle, plus one or two wings. Don't see that in NH. On wide highways, they would plow a snow barricade right in the middle of the highway. Then during the next snowstorm when the lines in the road were all covered and you could barely make out the road, you could see where the center of the road was.

We use the massive snowblower thing as well for clearing the banks between sidewalks and streets after a few storms. Snowblower dumps snow directly into the back of dump trucks.

But definitely snow removal is a big business and expensive for cities and towns.

Old 11-02-2016, 08:53 AM
PwerStroke99
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JoelPM
A couple pics at Vasquez Rocks:

I'd like to level it and put some different tires on eventually, but for now I'm just enjoying it. (My first post and also my first Super Duty.)
Here is mine before and after Leveling kit and wheels and tires.

Old 11-02-2016, 11:53 PM
HoustonianDale
Senior User
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Great lesson Troverman!

Old 11-03-2016, 10:35 PM
Sku11ey
Freshman User
Enjoying the weekend.

Attached Images  
Old 11-03-2016, 10:36 PM
Kenv
Posting Guru
That trailer is Awesome!!! Can you show a pic with the a/c box open for sleeping...if that's what it does??

Old 11-03-2016, 11:09 PM
screwy
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Few I thought were photogenic and the first tow, had to start her off easy.

Old 11-03-2016, 11:37 PM
Sku11ey
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Kenv
That trailer is Awesome!!! Can you show a pic with the a/c box open for sleeping...if that's what it does??
Its a 2007 fleetwood scorpion s1. Their were several versions but this one was only made the one year. I searched high and low to find a used one. This thing is perfect for my needs at the dear lease. It has a Shower inside and outside, toilet, stove inside and connections for an outside grill, A/C, propane furnace, 6gal hot water tank, 26gal fresh water tank, sleeps 4, fridge, microwave, 12' rear deck for my 11' ranger, awning w/screened in rear porch, 3' front deck for generator and storage. Over axel springs giving 36"deck height for off road capability, dual batteries and dual propane tanks.

Attached Images  
Old 11-04-2016, 12:02 AM
Kenv
Posting Guru
Thanks for the pic Sku11ey. That is one really cool setup...especially being able to hold the Ranger Crew. My kids would want that for sure if I showed them....LOL

Old 11-04-2016, 12:04 AM
coolidge54
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I recall reading something about mounting a snow blower on the front of SD's anyone do that?

Quick Reply: Show some FUN pics of your 2017.