General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Is helping a domestic abuse victim run away a crime?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 05:58 PM
DieselCamper
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I think I may have stumbled upon someone needing help running away from a bad situation...I'm assuming that this is not illegal and I will not be thrown in prison for helping them get to a motel?

Old 10-09-2016, 08:10 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No but be careful. Good thing you're doing but putting yourself into overs business can end very badly for you.

Old 10-09-2016, 08:16 PM
DieselCamper
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by rollerstud98
No but be careful. Good thing you're doing but putting yourself into overs business can end very badly for you.
That's why I carry a loaded .38 with me most places I go. The reason I asked is because if they have a kid and the father is married to the mother but beating her, it sounds like a good way to get arrested for helping to kidnap a child.

Old 10-09-2016, 09:07 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If there is a woman's shelter take them there. People in those places know how to handle these things

Old 10-09-2016, 09:29 PM
DieselCamper
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by rollerstud98
If there is a woman's shelter take them there. People in those places know how to handle these things
Yup, exactly. I told them I'd take them anywhere they needed and wouldn't accept the gas money...never got a response. It worries me.

Old 10-10-2016, 09:17 AM
old farm truck
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DieselCamper

I carry a loaded .38 with me most places I go.
If you think something is a crime then it probably is (mens rea). And it would be a good idea to leave the gun at home. Carrying a loaded gun while your passenger is in possession of drugs/stolen property/kidnapped child is not going to look good.

Also beware of people coming to you with sob stories. Most people have family members and friends who will help them out in an emergency. If they don't you should ask yourself why not. More often than not they're junkies who have screwed over everyone they know. Especially women you happen to "stumble upon" surfing the internet. The internet is full of scammers.

It really sounds like you have too much time on your hands and need to start looking for another job. Take my advice and give the roofing gig another chance. At least until something better comes along.

If you do decide to be stupid and break the law be careful not to say anything or leave any evidence that will be used to incriminate you. You've already incriminated yourself by asking for legal advice on a public forum. This is why I have a lawyer on retainer and keep her number on autodial.

Whatever you do avoid the temptation to brag about what you did. A lot of people end up in jail because they couldn't keep their mouth shut. And jail's not a good place to be. The only sex you will get is from big black guys using your face as a piston cylinder. Remember no good deed goes unpunished.

Old 10-10-2016, 10:34 AM
DieselCamper
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by old farm truck
If you think something is a crime then it probably is (mens rea). And it would be a good idea to leave the gun at home. Carrying a loaded gun while your passenger is in possession of drugs/stolen property/kidnapped child is not going to look good.

Also beware of people coming to you with sob stories. Most people have family members and friends who will help them out in an emergency. If they don't you should ask yourself why not. More often than not they're junkies who have screwed over everyone they know. Especially women you happen to "stumble upon" surfing the internet. The internet is full of scammers.

It really sounds like you have too much time on your hands and need to start looking for another job. Take my advice and give the roofing gig another chance. At least until something better comes along.

If you do decide to be stupid and break the law be careful not to say anything or leave any evidence that will be used to incriminate you. You've already incriminated yourself by asking for legal advice on a public forum. This is why I have a lawyer on retainer and keep her number on autodial.

Whatever you do avoid the temptation to brag about what you did. A lot of people end up in jail because they couldn't keep their mouth shut. And jail's not a good place to be. The only sex you will get is from big black guys using your face as a piston cylinder. Remember no good deed goes unpunished.
I do have too much time on my hands and I am in fact looking for a job. In fact, I have one lined up hauling newspapers from where I live about 2 hours west.

The internet is full of scammers, it's why I research the person before I do anything (Facebook).