2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Spreadsheet to track our truck orders...

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 09:39 AM
nullop
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I cleaned up the sheet a bit, standardized the naming so if you're running pivot tables or anything outside the sheet, it'll process correctly.

If we were going to get tons of more people adding to this, we could actually wrap a google "survey" around it, so people would not be touching the spreadsheet directly, but filling out a question sheet and they hit submit, it just adds to the spreadsheet.

While we don't want a ton of columns, it would be nice if each component of the truck was actually broken out, if we want to use it for stats (F250 CC vs F350 regular cab, trending lead times... etc). Currently we have a lot of data in there, but we can't actually compare the data on most of those items except dates for all models.

Someone already started it, but we can also use that 2nd tab at the bottom for the actual stats/math/etc, leave the first tab for data entry, second tab for viewing that data with misc columns hidden.

Old 10-11-2016, 10:07 AM
Saluki_guy
Tuned
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by nullop
I cleaned up the sheet a bit, standardized the naming so if you're running pivot tables or anything outside the sheet, it'll process correctly.

If we were going to get tons of more people adding to this, we could actually wrap a google "survey" around it, so people would not be touching the spreadsheet directly, but filling out a question sheet and they hit submit, it just adds to the spreadsheet.

While we don't want a ton of columns, it would be nice if each component of the truck was actually broken out, if we want to use it for stats (F250 CC vs F350 regular cab, trending lead times... etc). Currently we have a lot of data in there, but we can't actually compare the data on most of those items except dates for all models.

Someone already started it, but we can also use that 2nd tab at the bottom for the actual stats/math/etc, leave the first tab for data entry, second tab for viewing that data with misc columns hidden.
Dude!

Seriously those are some great idea's. If you have the knowledge and the power to implement this then please do! I will offer any and all support that I can...but it sounds like my knowledge pales in comparison to yours!

Old 10-11-2016, 10:55 AM
Saluki_guy
Tuned
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts
FWIW I will add a link to a survey in my first post for people who are just coming to the thread. you can reach me at ryanwilliamtaylor at g mail dot com.

Old 10-11-2016, 11:27 AM
1634Joe
Senior User
Originally Posted by Saluki_guy
FWIW I will add a link to a survey in my first post for people who are just coming to the thread. you can reach me at ryanwilliamtaylor at g mail dot com.
Thanks for doing the spread sheet. It was a great idea it's really nice to see other builds and all the dates of how long people have been waiting. (Thanks)

Old 10-11-2016, 11:41 AM
PrinceValium
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I am not one that can add to the spreadsheet however I did notice one thing...NO ONE ordered a DRW truck so far!

Old 10-11-2016, 11:59 AM
1634Joe
Senior User
I think for myself it's to much for a daily driver. They do say they tow better but hard to park for daily drivers. It's just my opinion though.

Old 10-11-2016, 03:17 PM
Force74
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Added to the spreadsheet

Old 10-11-2016, 03:51 PM
Bread Truck
Freshman User
Added to the spreadsheet

Old 10-12-2016, 09:25 AM
gascan
Laughing Gas
Received 104 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Saluki_guy
Gascan, were you the one who changed the spreadsheet around? Just checking is all...
Nope. Been offline for a few days (business trip to Seattle). Last thing I did was add the additional tab at the bottom to start some analysis work.

Old 10-12-2016, 09:34 AM
mbovinet
Senior User
Originally Posted by PrinceValium
I am not one that can add to the spreadsheet however I did notice one thing...NO ONE ordered a DRW truck so far!
Looks like I'm the first on there.

Just listed my DRW order this am

Old 10-12-2016, 10:49 AM
The Ace of Spades
More Turbo
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
So far there are 53 lines filled in. Out of those 53 there are only 3 King Ranch orders. I thought those were selling better than that. I know the Platinum is the cats meow, but the KR is a nice truck with much improved leather.
Too rich for my blood, but is it just one of those things where the KR is priced to close to the Platinum and everyone would just rather spend the extra coin to get the top of the line Platinum?
Or is the KR now too gimmicky?

Old 10-12-2016, 11:30 AM
Kenv
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ace....for me, I had two King Ranches in a row, 2006 and my 2011. Loved them both. But personally, what did it for me this time was I did not want orange stripes on my seats. That one little detail kept me away from the King Ranch this time. So I went Platinum.

Old 10-12-2016, 07:14 PM
gotroxs
Senior User
Just because I want to be in the minority, I added a King Ranch and DRW. Got to be different.

Old 10-12-2016, 07:33 PM
Canwan
Junior User
I have a DORA number how do I get more information on it? I read somewhere about a ford Chat but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Is there a link on Ford's web site or something?

Old 10-12-2016, 07:43 PM
nullop
Senior User
Originally Posted by Canwan
I have a DORA number how do I get more information on it? I read somewhere about a ford Chat but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Is there a link on Ford's web site or something?
Finding the chat is in a weird spot. You have to go to the build tool to build a new truck, and then at the top you'll see a "summary tab".

*IF* a chat representative is free, a chat icon will show up. There's no queue, so if they are busy, the icon won'\t even show up. It's the strangest chat system I've ever seen. Seems to be mostly during normal american business hours only.

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Spreadsheet to track our truck orders...